Transfer bug - how is it possible?

Can someone at SI explain to me as a customer how its possible for a huge and gamebreaking bug like "the transfer bug" to slip through testing? This bug effects the whole context and simulated world of football in a very negative way, thats why I call it gamebreaking. Since its such a major bug I think that it couldn't have passed testing unnoticed. This asumption makes it even worse since SI/SEGA still decided to release the game and charge costumers. If SI hade provided a fix for the bug i wouldn´t complain but as the situation is now it´s unacceptable.

So, can someone at SI explain what happened to my product during testing, how the discussions went at release and how you plan to fix the bug?

Cheers!

People are complaining this year that big name players are going too cheaply. Considering that people were also complaining last year that prices were too high and ones pretty similar to this years' too low ones were cited as more sensible, I call it ironic, except I was one of the many predicting that there would be complaints this year of prices being too low.

People are complaining this year that big name players are going too cheaply. Considering that people were also complaining last year that prices were too high and ones pretty similar to this years' too low ones were cited as more sensible, I call it ironic, except I was one of the many predicting that there would be complaints this year of prices being too low.

To be fair, there is clearly something wrong in the game when you can get Messi for 35 million, Tevez for 10 million, Balotelli for 10 million and Modric for 7 million due to the 'bug' being linked with the whole manager/player interaction. That is where the problem lies. A player falling out with a manager for whatever reason and then automatically being available for a fraction of the price they should be worth. I so far have only seen the Tevez transfer, but plenty of screenshots from games barely a season in suggest there is a definite problem between manager interaction and sales.

I think the prices are quite realistic. I think that there is a little bit of work to do on the player happiness module, as they get upset too easily and demand a move too soon. As a result the transfer system is a little unbalanced, but I would much rather have it this way than the previous editions when you had to pay 40-50 mil for a player valued at around 6 mil.

It certainly will help a Manager like me at West Ham!! If I had more than 500.000 to spend that is!!

I think those prices are quite realistic in the scheme of things, I think last year trying to get Tevez and being quoted in the region of 140 Million was ridiculous. You could argue that 80 Million for Ronaldo IRL is unrealistic because it's silly money. I#d much rather have prices that you could afford to an extent rather than having astronomic fees that only one or two Clubs could afford.

Isn't this so-called bug just a symptom of a sensible accounting system which is in force in FM but less so in the real world?

In FM, clubs have to balance the budget and can't just keep on spending money (either transfers or wages) on over-priced players.

It seems to me it will sort itself out after a few game years.

its like how they have fixed being able to change your sub if a player gets a red when your waiting to make changes. Its a bit over board as it cancels all your changes rather than giving you the option to cancel. As said last year everyone was complaining that the prices were too high, now they are too low, its a very fine line then seems to have been missed slightly, but its alot better than never being able to afford to sign anyone!

To be fair, there is clearly something wrong in the game when you can get Messi for 35 million, Tevez for 10 million, Balotelli for 10 million and Modric for 7 million due to the 'bug' being linked with the whole manager/player interaction. That is where the problem lies. A player falling out with a manager for whatever reason and then automatically being available for a fraction of the price they should be worth. I so far have only seen the Tevez transfer, but plenty of screenshots from games barely a season in suggest there is a definite problem between manager interaction and sales.

Thats what they wanted just a few months ago, ok maybe not Tevez, but we did have threads here proclaiming that £35m for Messi was something the AI should accept. And yes in real life players who fall out with managers often get sold at knock-down prices, due either to not being played or playing to leave the club (i.e. badly), van der Vaart being the most obvious recent example.

Thats what they wanted just a few months ago, ok maybe not Tevez, but we did have threads here proclaiming that £35m for Messi was something the AI should accept. And yes in real life players who fall out with managers often get sold at knock-down prices, due either to not being played or playing to leave the club (i.e. badly), van der Vaart being the most obvious recent example.

no bryan. No one said that. In fact, messi was always cited as an example of a player who shouldn't be sold no matter the offer because barcelona simply didn't need the money.

Isn't this so-called bug just a symptom of a sensible accounting system which is in force in FM but less so in the real world?

In FM, clubs have to balance the budget and can't just keep on spending money (either transfers or wages) on over-priced players.

It seems to me it will sort itself out after a few game years.

no its more to do with players becoming unhappy too easily and requesting to be put on the transfer list. Then they are sold for around their value because they're desperate to go. Its only a problem that it happens too often and some of the bigger names, like messi and ronaldo, go for stupidly low fees.

no bryan. No one said that. In fact, messi was always cited as an example of a player who shouldn't be sold no matter the offer because barcelona simply didn't need the money.

I remeber threads that specifically said that prices for Messi were crazy. Maybe they didn't go as low as £35m but the prices qouted as "reasonable" were ridiculuous. Also could you please spell my name right?

no its more to do with players becoming unhappy too easily and requesting to be put on the transfer list. Then they are sold for around their value because they're desperate to go. Its only a problem that it happens too often and some of the bigger names, like messi and ronaldo, go for stupidly low fees.

Ok, well not seeing it so far in my game but still in 2010/11 and the January transfer window didn't have too many big transfers (13 over 10M).

Ok, well not seeing it so far in my game but still in 2010/11 and the January transfer window didn't have too many big transfers (13 over 10M).

yeah i've only seen one myself, which was tevez going to chelsea for 12m, but from some of the screenshots of other games there seems to be too many players becoming unhappy.

Archived