I loaded 60 league with 74k player. When will it go slow?

Hello

I just start new game, I loaded up 60 league (7 as playable league - England - down to blue square, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Scotland and Netherland down to 2nd divison and all other league view only). I have load all player from england, africa and spain.

Now at moment game is okay and go as normal. Save file for game is 35 mb. Just quick question really, as time go on will it become slower? Just say in year time will it become really really slow and take about 10 minute to process a day and save game?

Please help as at moment just try and get into game and don't want situation where game is too slow next season.

I have dell computer, it is about year old not amazing performance it is just normal one. It is dual core intel processor with 2gb ram.

60 leagues is slightly ridiculous really.

How far into the future do you plan to play? And what club(s) do you wish to manage?

Not really, I play with around 70 leagues on a large database all on normal detail (somes leagues on full)

Averaging about a day and half game time per season (though tbh, it's left running while I'm not at the PC quite often, so it's probably alot lower than that)

Acording to FMRTE

Players: 121456

Staff: 55017

Teams: 31376

But I like trying to play really long term games therefore just having a couple of leagues loaded will be boring (and far to fast as well tbh)

Also go into the game with no team in mind and just see who offers me what and work myself as a manager from bottom to top (Just took over the team rock bottom of the Croatian 2nd Div, which is at 113 in the European Rep table)

The true meaning of the OP:

"Look at me and my flash laptop"

it is not flash and it is not laptop. It is dell inspiron 530 computer

at moment it is run ok, my big concern is that if in future I play maybe 5-10 years it become so slow to load. How much will size increase by season and will it get slower

as say before I only have around 6-7 main country playable (in there I think 32 total league is playable because i have 1st and 2nd divisions for countries loaded). The rest is all view only leagues

I only really manage england and maybe spain which I got playable leagues. Rest I pick playable because they are big country and want to get lot of good regens. Also pick view only for lot of other country again for regen but they are smaller country so not as important as say Germany or Italy.

I remember doing some tests on FM10 and I found that after 10 years tends to be the real difference. I believe it was up to 50% slower at processing or something like that.

For me, there are a couple of good tests you could do here. First of all, you could time how long it takes you to continue through a week and then a month. Then double those figures and see how you feel about it.

Secondly, I recommend trying out your selections on a holiday save. Perhaps leave it running during the day or over night while you are doing something else. Try holidaying for 10 years and then testing the speed by taking over a club and continuing through a week or a month. If the speed still feels fine, you should be okay for the long-term. If it is unbearably slow then you'll have to lower the number of leagues and players in your save. You should quickly get a feeling for what is right for you personally.

60 leagues is slightly ridiculous really.

How far into the future do you plan to play? And what club(s) do you wish to manage?

The biggest benefit, to me, is having real leagues to loan regens to; I can't prove it, but I suspect that loaning regens to teams in leagues that are active (and therefore, actually accruing game experience) is more beneficial than loaning them to non-active leagues. Also, having active leagues gives my scouts something to do (more competitions to scout, more regens developing, etc., etc.).

Does anyone know if the star system is a bit more reliable in this version? That might help to give an indication as to how many leagues you can safely run without slowdown.

Maybe try to stick to 2-3 stars at the least.

when I click only 1 league England as playable it is 5 star estimate game speed. When I click another league as playable it goes 1/2 star estimate game speed? :(

I don't think it very reliable. I am start new game, this time I have 54 league but only 65k player loaded

i decided to test game speeds in holliday mode to see how much impact different settings had on processing speeds. i started a game and then went into holliday mode for 365 days.

first test: 87 leagues from 34 nations (all european leagues) and large database, with playable on england, spain, germany, france and italy (total of 20 playable and 61 leagues as view only). approximate player count is 45000 players

result: 365 days of processing took 67min

second test: 20 leagues from 5 nations (only england, spain, germany, france and italy) and large database, all playable. approximate player count is 45000 players

result: 365 days of processing took 59min

Third test: 1 league from 1 nation (english premier league) and large database, playable. approximate player count is 9000 players

result: 365 days of processing took 10min

Fourth test: 87 leagues from 34 nations (all european leagues) and large database, all playable. approximate player count is 125000 players

result: 365 days of processing took ?? min

fifth test: ?? leages from ?? nations (all leagues in the world) and large database, all playable. approximate player count is ?? players

result: 365 days of processing took ?? min

i will update this post as soon as i have the time to complete testing, but it seems that having leagues on "view only" only marginally increases processing time.

may ingame system rating is five stars, and my specs are; win7 x64, core i7 920 @ 3,2ghz, 12gb ram @ 1600mhz, ati radeon 5870, and intel ssd x-25m 80gb.

EDIT: after finding that my settings in game made my processing take way to long i adjusted ingame settings: start as unemployed and disabled auto save.

i decided to test game speeds in holliday mode to see how much impact different settings had on processing speeds. i started a game and then went into holliday mode for 365 days.

first test: 81 leagues from 34 nations (all european leagues) and large database, with playable on england, spain, germany, france and italy (total of 20 playable and 61 leagues as view only). approximate player count is 45000 players

result: 365 days of processing took 100 mins

second test: 20 leagues from 5 nations (only england, spain, germany, france and italy) and large database, all playable. approximate player count is 45000 players

result: 365 days of processing took 93 mins

Third test: 1 league from 1 nation (english premier league) and large database, playable. approximate player count is 9000 players

result: 365 days of processing took 34 mins

Fourth test: 87 leagues from 34 nations (all european leagues) and large database, all playable. approximate player count is 125000 players

result: 365 days of processing took ?? mins

fifth test: ?? leages from ?? nations (all leagues in the world) and large database, all playable. approximate player count is ?? players

i will update this post as soon as i have the time to complete testing, but it seems that having leagues on "view only" only marginally increases processing time.

may ingame system rating is five stars, and my specs are; win7 x64, core i7 920 @ 3,2ghz, 12gb ram @ 1600mhz, ati radeon 5870, and intel ssd x-25m 80gb.

very interesting. thanks

first test: 81 leagues from 34 nations (all european leagues) and large database, with playable on england, spain, germany, france and italy (total of 20 playable and 61 leagues as view only). approximate player count is 45000 players

result: 365 days of processing took 100 mins

result: 365 days of processing took 93 mins

result: 365 days of processing took 34 mins

I've got a very similar set-up to that, but with my i7 920 overclocked to 4.2ghz on a corsair h50 cooling. I'll see how long it takes me to do a premiership season, on last years FM it only took about 12 - 13 minutes, I'd be shocked if it had gone up that much for me.

12 minutes to do a year, this is with a full complement of windows open in firefox, utorrent, and a couple other programs. I've got 8GB less RAM but my 4GB is OC'd to 1800mhz, but I'm not sure if 1ghz extra per core and 200mhz on the RAM should make such a huge difference on the time.

12 minutes to do a year, this is with a full complement of windows open in firefox, utorrent, and a couple other programs. I've got 8GB less RAM but my 4GB is OC'd to 1800mhz, but I'm not sure if 1ghz extra per core and 200mhz on the RAM should make such a huge difference on the time.

When i'm off at the weekend i'll try running the same test on my Q6600 @ 2.4 and 4gb of non clocked ram. Will be interesting to see the difference. Maybe we could generate a table of some kind to give people an idea of how much they could be running on their respective setups.

After disabling auto save and starting as unemployed the processing time went down to 10min using faster processing settings, will try setting it on fastest now

!!after setting preferences to fastest i actually spent more time processing, 11mins!!

bit odd if u ask me :p

Archived