Am I the only one that gets emotionally attached?

Magicz

I'm managing Spurs, and I've finished my first season in sixth place which obviously means that I have qualified for Europe. I then played the FA Cup Final against Chelsea and it was 1-1 after 90 mins. It was 2-2 after 120 mins and I lost 5-3 on penalties. I didn't speak to anyone for the rest of the evening I was so gutted. I felt like giving my players a hug. Am I the only one?

Ninis will be beast, IRL and on FM. I get upset if my favourite players get injured, my star German AMR was out 3 times last season, twice for 2 months and the other time for four months, meaning he didn't collect his third Premier League winners medal on the bounce, was absolutely gutted for him, my attack wasn't the same w/out him.

a couple years before my current 19 year domination of the SPL with Raith started, i lost the Scottish Cup final in extra-time to Rangers after my 18 year old back-up right-back made a crucial mistake. After savaging him in the dressing room after the game, he came out in the press the next day and said something about him being devastated and having nightmares and suicidal thoughts or something.... broke my heart, the bully that i am

I get attached to certain players, and refuse to sell them. Even if they're old and past it and taking up a place someone else could, I'll keep hold if I can.

Most emotional I get with loses is stropping at my laptop and raging for half an hour while refusing to press continue.

Ninis will be beast, IRL and on FM. I get upset if my favourite players get injured, my star German AMR was out 3 times last season, twice for 2 months and the other time for four months, meaning he didn't collect his third Premier League winners medal on the bounce, was absolutely gutted for him, my attack wasn't the same w/out him.

Is he 31 +/-1 year old ? Happened to me recently. Was the sign I needed to recycle my star. I splashed 125M to find the same level of player (small database inside, not many good enough newgens) to make sure I ll keep ruling the league

I'm the same. Came so so close to an F.A. Cup final with Leeds in my first season of FM 2010 but lost out to Stoke 5-3 in the semi final was down for a couple of hours after that but then i got pizza and all was right with the world.... well pizza and promotion from League One!

I get angry at my players and wish there was an option in the team talk to swear at them and throw boots. GK goose stepped 5 times with the ball 2 meters away while it was run down by the opposition ST. GOOOOOAAAAALLLLL! Angry just dont describe it. And yes it goes the other way too. There are times when I would gladly offer my daughter to my AMC if I had one. Kakuta can do no wrong.

a couple years before my current 19 year domination of the SPL with Raith started, i lost the Scottish Cup final in extra-time to Rangers after my 18 year old back-up right-back made a crucial mistake. After savaging him in the dressing room after the game, he came out in the press the next day and said something about him being devastated and having nightmares and suicidal thoughts or something.... broke my heart, the bully that i am

truly made me laugh :-)

I've had this problem with my Southampton save. Guys that were with me in League One aren't that great in the Premier League, but it's hard to let some of them go now.

Yeah, whenever I take a lower league side through the divisions (like I have done in my current save with Brackley), I find it hard to let go those who have had an influential time in getting me to the top, I often check back in future seasons to see how they are doing.

I often find myself getting really involved in a season. If it's going well my day/evening definitely improves. If my team are performing badly then I can get rather grumpy.

I remember a few years ago when my team lost an extremely vital game (can't remember full details, it was either win to stay up or win to get promotion). Either way, we lost. It wasn't the losing that hurt the most it was the fact that my players didn't turn up and the best player score was something like a 6. I was so angry at the team that I massively over reacted, put every single player up for sale and flogged them for whatever I got offered. As far as I was concerned they weren't fit to wear the shirt again. Once I had calmed down and the beer had worn off, I was left with a decimated team and next to no transfer money to rebuild it.

To this day, whenever I see the names of some of those players (IRL) that let me down, I wish ill things of them.

Looking back though, it was probably my tactics.

Ah, emotionally attached... meaning both negative and positive.

Often do I scream "**** YEAH!!!" and wave my fist around when my team scores a crucial goal. However, I also tend to swing my 'finger' around when I'm frustrated, and I literally spew some foul stuff through gritted teeth in frustration. Especially if a player of mine makes a VERY stupid mistake (like watching a loose ball until a striker gets a hold of it and scores) I tend to clap and scream "NICE ONE! GOOD JOB!"

I'm worried about myself.. >_>

I had a guy love relationship with Phillipe Mexes on my game as weird as that may sound, he loved the club and never put a foot wrong on the pitch, I even refused an offer of 25 million for him when he was 33. Even when he was injured I could see him sitting beside me in the dugout (in my head). He later went on to be my club and country ass man. Legend

Of course i can get emotionally attached both negative and positive.

Negative

- when my keeper makes a blunder at 90+3 after I scored in the 87th against one of my fierce rivals and especially because it was the only shot they had on target fot the entire game :@

- against Portsmouth at home, one goal down after 3 minutes (a 30 metre screamer), 7 Clear cut chances, opp keeper 8.0...but in the end I still manage to get a draw :)

Positive

- Victor Anichebe. I had him for one season in Blackpool and he was in great form. That kind of finishing reminds me Eusebio´s goals in the 60s and 70s

- My scout finds a 16 years old wonderkid playing at Falkirk. Next season Man Utd bought him (I left Blackpool for Sheff Wed) and he netted 2 goals in 5 caps for Scotland. Not bad!

louis carey what a legend after getting my bristol city team to the prem as captain and playing in the prem for one or two seasons his legs went still i played him or at least put him on the bench in any big game including cup finals and even went as far to retiering his number six shirt at the age of 36 ..... did i mention hes now my assistant manager .....some call it love

Thats like Luka Modric for my Spurs team. He wants to go to Man United because they offered me £20 million (albeit £4 million up front then £16 million over 36 months) but I rejected because he is just too good. And he publicly praises me :D

Now Im beginning to regret the rejection because he has really slumped in form. I just want to talk him round :(

Ah, emotionally attached... meaning both negative and positive.

Often do I scream "**** YEAH!!!" and wave my fist around when my team scores a crucial goal. However, I also tend to swing my 'finger' around when I'm frustrated, and I literally spew some foul stuff through gritted teeth in frustration. Especially if a player of mine makes a VERY stupid mistake (like watching a loose ball until a striker gets a hold of it and scores) I tend to clap and scream "NICE ONE! GOOD JOB!"

I'm worried about myself.. >_>

I could have typed the above word for word. I really like to use the finger swing on linesman who make bad off side calls. I had to stop playing for a while a few weeks back when my 8 year old daughter happened to walk by during a crucial cup tie which was not going my way. I may have made a few gritted teeth comments followed up with spitting on the carpet. She went and told my wife who sat me down for a talk to see if I was doing "ok"....

I get attached to players. I had a legend who helped to get us up the leagues, but then was too rubbish to keep on so i released him. Then at the age of 35 i resign him even though he is the 7th best striker at the club. I wait for him to retire and signed him as a coach... even though his best coach stat is 12!

I was the same with a couple of players. Even though Jonny Howson and Jermaine Beckford fired me into the premiership and did a brilliant job (Beckford netting a hat trick in a Uefa Cup Final) when Beckford started to slump i flogged him but when i had to let Howson go because he couldn't get into the team ahead of Jack Rodwell and Ignacio Camacho that was disappointing, especially so because he left for Chelsea and filled the void left by Frank Lampard.

I could have typed the above word for word. I really like to use the finger swing on linesman who make bad off side calls. I had to stop playing for a while a few weeks back when my 8 year old daughter happened to walk by during a crucial cup tie which was not going my way. I may have made a few gritted teeth comments followed up with spitting on the carpet. She went and told my wife who sat me down for a talk to see if I was doing "ok"....

Thats gold. I can just imagine the conversation.

Wife: are you ok?

You: Of course i am not bloody ok that linesman just chalked of a perfectly good goal. And dont get me started about that start stirker i bought for 10 mill, the bugger cant hit the net at all.

Wife: OK dear just let me make a quick call and i'll organize a nice padded break for you.

Archived