Highlighting Football Manager 2010's Biggest Mistakes/Easter Eggs

ellow Managers,

As we all know, finding easter eggs in games is rare. But when we do find them.. We either laugh or smile.. But the one game that you would doubt to have any Easter Eggs.. Would probably be Football Manager 2010.... WRONG

I have found many wierd, wonderful and down right stupid things all over the game! And i call you hear, to read upon them.. And i'm sure you would take a look for yourself aswell

Fm Finest Current Findings:

ZINEDINE ZIDANE AND OTHER STAFF ARE BEING PAID £1 PER WEEK!?

The legend that is Zinedine Zidane is returning to football games, as a scout for Real Madrid. Little would you realise that it appears he is only being paid £1 per week on the game! There are also a few other members being paid the same amount!

The word.. Reccession... comes to mind?

THE TALLEST 14 YEAR OLD FOOTBALL PLAYER.. EVER!?

There are many 14 year olds on this game.. Most of which are regens.. But you can normally see many mistakes and easter eggs all over these players. I was most interested by the heights of these players. I managed to find a 14 year old German who is 6 foot 6 inches.

SERIOUSLY. RETIRE ALREADY. PLAYERS WHO REACH OVER THE AGE OF 50!

Another thing that is common to find in the game, old players. But i think some have taken it too far now.

I have found players that are ranging from 45-55 years old! I read upon a thread about old players. And found it laughable when i found even more.

INTERESTING PLAYER NAMES!

I spent some time looking at names for people. Some of them were laughable. Others were a mouthful. But theres a lot of interesting names out there, let me tell you that.

A 73 YEAR OLD FITNESS COACH - SURELY HE CAN'T BE TEACHING FITNESS AT HIS AGE!?

After my search of young players and old players. I looked upon the staff to find something comical about a member of staff. I managed to find a 73 year old who is ironically working in... Fitness.

As you can see, a lot of easter eggs and funny mistakes are all over this game. I will be uploading more as i find them.. But for now, i ask you to comment with your reactions to these, what you think about them.. Or even, if you have found any of your own then comment a screenshot to share your funny findings with us.

Thanks for reading,

Fm Finest

Don't forget to comment!

There are many 14 year olds on this game.. Most of which are regens.. But you can normally see many mistakes and easter eggs all over these players. I was most interested by the heights of these players. I managed to find a 14 year old German who is 6 foot 6 inches.

Whats weird about that?

In my job I see lots of teenagers from the local school and several are well over 6ft at 14.

Another thing that is common to find in the game, old players. But i think some have taken it too far now.

I have found players that are ranging from 45-55 years old! I read upon a thread about old players. And found it laughable when i found even more.

Are you playing the same game as me?

In my save I can view nearly 30,000 players via the search - Only 20 are over 40 with the oldest 42yo and most are GKs.

After my search of young players and old players. I looked upon the staff to find something comical about a member of staff. I managed to find a 73 year old who is ironically working in... Fitness.

I can only presume you are fairly young.

Many older people in RL are still fit and even go to the gym you know.

There all curiosities, but not what you would call "easter eggs"

But I tend to agree with Cougar, most of them, whilst uncommon, are certainly realistic. And the Zidane one, I have heard something similiar to what Pooman said.

About the Zidane thing, in RL he actually doesn't earn a penny, he scouts for Real Madrid for free. But they couldn't input him having no wage due to a coding error I believe, so they had to put his wage at £1p/w.

what he said, El Zizou, is more of just an "ambassador"/keeps an eye out kinda scout. sort of like a scout advisor more than a scout. but he does it all voluntarily out of his love for the club, so yeah when i saw that I just kinda figured thats what the 1euro was representing. I did however take advantage adn sign him as a scout :D. Damned hard though, his love for los merengues is strong! had to offer him a contract during my peak at transfer season, hwen I had the most money. He's the best paid scout in my squad xD. Takes a lot to get him out of madrid

Are you playing the same game as me?

In my save I can view nearly 30,000 players via the search - Only 20 are over 40 with the oldest 42yo and most are GKs.

Yep, over 35,000 players in my player search and oldest player is 43. 21 players 40 or over and nearly all GKs.

Also, when i was 14 I was 6ft 4, and my adult height is 6ft 8, so when you consider that some people grow to a full adult height of over 7ft, 6ft 6 at 14 is quite realistic.

What happens if your birthday is April Fool's Day, do you get both messages or what?

The birthday message is a little message that appears during processing- "happy birthday to [team] manager [name] from everybody at Sports Interactive". So yes, you get both.

I knew a kid who was 6'4" when he was 13.

It happens in real life. Roger Milla played at a world cup at over 40. Did that make you laugh too?

INTERESTING PLAYER NAMES!

I spent some time looking at names for people. Some of them were laughable. Others were a mouthful. But theres a lot of interesting names out there, let me tell you that.

My middle name is omokorede. Does that make you laugh?

There's a nigerian player named ice cream. (That should make you laugh ;)). Look him up.

Also what really gives you the right to make fun of names from other cultures? Not cool....

An 82 completed the ironman triathlon. Its a 2.4 mile swim followed by a 112 mile bike ride and then a 26.2 mile run. Besides that, I don't think you need to be very fit to blow a whistle between sprints....

ellow Managers,

If you'd just posted I found someone 73 years of age working in fitness I wouldn;t have been that bothered by it.

As someone who runs marathons in his spare time, I see a lot of very healthy 70 and 80 year olds giving the youngsters a good race for thier money. Get out there an open your eyes son.

Archived