Cheating ????

Basically the rule is if you have to ask then the answer is generally yes you are.

If your Man Utd and you skip a league cup game against Doncaster, 99/100 you will win because the game sims the result. No if you actually played the match, the AI might tactically outplay you 99/100. So yes, skipping a game is cheating if your doing it knowing the chances are you will win the game.

No way...

I skip games I can't be asked to play all the time.

It's all down to luck on the result though and it kind of lies down to your ass.manager

Surely There's a 33.33.% chance you'll win, There's a 33.33.% chance you'll draw and There's a 33.33.% chance you'll lose... I just don't see how it is cheating

Basically the rule is if you have to ask then the answer is generally yes you are.

If your Man Utd and you skip a league cup game against Doncaster, 99/100 you will win because the game sims the result. No if you actually played the match, the AI might tactically outplay you 99/100. So yes, skipping a game is cheating if your doing it knowing the chances are you will win the game.

Thing is though you could quite easily lose because of your assistant manager or whatever determines the result, the only chance that it would be cheating then is if you have saved it before hand and gone back and re-holidayed the game

Thing is though you could quite easily lose because of your assistant manager or whatever determines the result, the only chance that it would be cheating then is if you have saved it before hand and gone back and re-holidayed the game

not really. chances are if youe somebody like united or arsenal playing doncaster. Your ass man would still easily win the game. The result is simmed and the fact that united and arsenal are far superior, the chances are the game will sim the result in favour of them 99/100.

not really. chances are if youe somebody like united or arsenal playing doncaster. Your ass man would still easily win the game. The result is simmed and the fact that united and arsenal are far superior, the chances are the game will sim the result in favour of them 99/100.

Surely it's the same in the actual match though if you play.

Only difference is you can change tactics... You'd be more likely to win but Doncaster could still outclass you

If you lost and continued your game then no. If you holidayed the game, lost, and restarted you would then be cheating. May as well give the assman a chance to earn his money, i skip cup games (bar champions league) all the time because i just couldn't give a ****. I actually enjoy going out of the league cup. :D

It's only cheating if, in the event of a defeat, you go back and replay the game. Yes, I've been guilty of this in the past, but not on my current save game Ajax, as I want to see how far I can genuinely go without recourse to cheating. I also believe that, as it's only myself playing, if I did cheat, I'm cheating only myself.

Pretty pointless playing the game if your going to holiday half the season.

I dont spend half of the season on holiday, just league cup games and CL group games when i have already qualified and games against bottom teams

i play all games myself and never go on holiday in the game. as long as players dont reset their computers because they lost on a simmed game then i dont think its cheating

Same here. I do skip friendly matches now though but just by enabling the option in team settings, not by going on holiday.

I see cup games against much weaker opposition as an opportunity to play a few youngsters, fringe players or players lacking match fitness and I'd like to watch the game to see how they get on.

Regarding simming the games being cheating, I don't see why it could be considered that. Even if it is, cheat if you like. Play the game as you want. :thup:

It's only cheating if, in the event of a defeat, you go back and replay the game. Yes, I've been guilty of this in the past, but not on my current save game Ajax, as I want to see how far I can genuinely go without recourse to cheating. I also believe that, as it's only myself playing, if I did cheat, I'm cheating only myself.

this post is brilliant i learnt this when i was 10 or 11 too! feels so much better having a squad and success without any handicap what so ever

went on holiday for a season and my players fell in love with my assistant manager. the stats of my assman also improve by alot, but then u might risk the chance of loosing ur staff members

Same here. I do skip friendly matches now though but just by enabling the option in team settings, not by going on holiday.

I see cup games against much weaker opposition as an opportunity to play a few youngsters, fringe players or players lacking match fitness and I'd like to watch the game to see how they get on.

Regarding simming the games being cheating, I don't see why it could be considered that. Even if it is, cheat if you like. Play the game as you want. :thup:

I`ve found that my Astm tends to upset my players if I leave him in charge of friendlies.

1. Who's the better manager - you or your assistant manager? If it's you, then no. If it's your assistant, then yes.

2. More of a programming level... Are the games played to the same detail level regardless of whether you're their or not? I know that (certainly in older FM titles) when two sides met in a division that you were not managing in, the reputation played a larger factor in the outcome.

If the game engine works EXACTLY the same, regardless of whether you're there, I'd say no. If, however, it changes it's parameters, I'd say it's cheating.

I think "use current match tactics" and/or "use current team selection when available" are very important to this discussion, because if you tick them both then you are still having a huge influence on the outcome and just doing it to speed the game up, therefore clearly not cheating.

If you leave the boxes unchecked, then you are leaving tactics and selection to your assman, which then brings it down to whether or not your assman is more capable than you. To be honest, I would say you have to be completely useless to be worse than any assman in the game.

Archived