Man Utd going bust?

Look at the Income screen in Finances and see where the £120m is coming from. Investments most likely.

Do Utd still have the Glaziers in charge? Do they have a new rich Chairman? Go to Utds Landmarks tab and see if they've had a change of ownership.

The Chairman is Bobby Charlton.

The is nothing in investments or other that would cover the amount, nor are any bank loans taken out, yet on the graph at the top, the club is receiving £120m every four months or so.

The Chairman is Bobby Charlton.

The is nothing in investments or other that would cover the amount, nor are any bank loans taken out, yet on the graph at the top, the club is receiving £120m every four months or so.

an award for being best team in england

You should a) get them relegated by not winning any matches (simply use your youth team in the EPL & CL every game) b) buy every crap player you can find (most sensibly from some other team you control) for big pay-later agreements.. 40 million over 48 months, 10-20 if they score the odd goal, 10-20 million if they play internationally, etc.

Assuming your board does let you spend some cash.

I read a post recently in the LLM forum where someone had played for about forty or fifty seasons, and Man U had missed out on European qualification one season. This set off a chain of events beginning with them selling players to cover the financial loss from missing the champions league, not qualifying for the following seasons, selling more players, going into administration, points deductions and eventual relegations to the BSN by about 2025! I'd love to see that in real life, or failing that, just in my save game.

If this game is in any way realisitic it should be that if ManYoo or Liverpool (or any other team not owned by a Roman Abramovich figure who is prepared to finance failure) fail to get into the Champions League then they do go bust, or come perilously close to it as Liverpool have this year. The realistic fact of ManYoo's finances, as with Leeds before them, is non qualification for the Champs league means financial hardship.

What happens once failure occurs is open to question, of course, Liverpool are for sale, will a billionaire tycoon from the Middle East buy them, or will it be a consortium of fans, or more likely, someone in between, Maybe the sale won't go through, but A top football club is a very attractive investment so may be it is realistic that clubs that go bankrupt are 'resurrected' again quite quickly.

What I have yet to be conviced of in FM10 is if a big club does fail to get into the champs league, do the correct financial implications occur ?

What I have yet to be conviced of in FM10 is if a big club does fail to get into the champs league, do the correct financial implications occur ?

Happened in mine. Man City came 1st 3 years in a row. 4th season they were just a place off champions league, the next they were a point off europa league. Season after they finished 17th and have been hovering around there since then.

Edit!

I also realised they haven't made any decent signings either since then. most they spent on a player was a £3.9m left back.

Needless to say they changed the board not long after.

My manchester united losses at least 9 million every month... but they are not bankrupt. weird rite...-_-"

Why is it weird? Over a 9 month season they lose £81m, then at the end of the season they get prize money. If the win the league they get say £17m. The loss goes to £64m. Then they get paid out the Champions League money (presuming they was in it) at about £20m. This makes the loss £44m. The new season starts and they generate about £50m in sponsorships, gain £6m. Then they get Tv money for the season on top and money for being in the champions league. So say that puts them on plus £20m.

So the start of season two they are £20m up before they start losing again. Its not rocket science really. Man Utd is one of the if not the biggest money making club in the world. Yes the debts are big but the income they generate will always cover it. The difference with the game and real life is the fact the game doesnt account for the money the Glazers take out of the club each month on top of the loans already in place.

As long as the game only deals with the loans and the footballing costs, if united manage to be reasonably successful by staying in the top 4 of the league every season and reaching the knock out stages of the champions league every season they will be fine.

I read a post recently in the LLM forum where someone had played for about forty or fifty seasons, and Man U had missed out on European qualification one season. This set off a chain of events beginning with them selling players to cover the financial loss from missing the champions league, not qualifying for the following seasons, selling more players, going into administration, points deductions and eventual relegations to the BSN by about 2025! I'd love to see that in real life, or failing that, just in my save game.

i saw that once! Man utd finished in the euro cup zone, and got knocked out in the quaters... the next season they finished 15th or so, and so on. Still found it funny Rooney and the other biggest players didn't jump ship :p

that makes no sense, sure liverpool have been crap for 20 years but if you're comparing overall success the most recent years don't suddenly become the most important.

20 years is hardly recent, and to be fair United have a better record than Liverpool domestically. Level on league titles, more FA Cups, would probably have more league cups aswell if we took the competition as seriously as the scousers and didnt use it as experience for the reserves.

Also, do Liverpool look like winning anything at all at the moment compared to United. I think not.

Why is it weird? Over a 9 month season they lose £81m, then at the end of the season they get prize money. If the win the league they get say £17m. The loss goes to £64m. Then they get paid out the Champions League money (presuming they was in it) at about £20m. This makes the loss £44m. The new season starts and they generate about £50m in sponsorships, gain £6m. Then they get Tv money for the season on top and money for being in the champions league. So say that puts them on plus £20m.

So the start of season two they are £20m up before they start losing again. Its not rocket science really. Man Utd is one of the if not the biggest money making club in the world. Yes the debts are big but the income they generate will always cover it. The difference with the game and real life is the fact the game doesnt account for the money the Glazers take out of the club each month on top of the loans already in place.

As long as the game only deals with the loans and the footballing costs, if united manage to be reasonably successful by staying in the top 4 of the league every season and reaching the knock out stages of the champions league every season they will be fine.

Oh okay. Now i know. coz i thot the money is given at the start (onelump sum). And i forgot that My team gt 100k capacity stadium'

Archived