Pen given to player on a hat-trick?!

Last night on my Valencia game Mata scored twice and then he was allowed to take a penalty instead of David Villa and he missed, I was annoyed but I won 2-0 anyway. I think if I had of lost or drawn I would have been extremely annoyed.

That's the flip side of things. If you have chosen penalty taker who is awesome at them, and for some reason your centre defender has two goals, and it's 2-2, and you get a penalty in the last minute...

That's the flip side of things. If you have chosen penalty taker who is awesome at them, and for some reason your centre defender has two goals, and it's 2-2, and you get a penalty in the last minute...

Yeah had that a few times - while i like the whole idea of allowing someone a chance of a hattrick if the game is very tight the default taker should be the one to take it imo.

You should have an option to allow it or not as some managers probably won't allow there penalty changer to be changed.

Perhaps have a bit where just before the penalty is taken you can select the shooter in the scenarios where this happens. and you pick the player similar to the way you do it before the penalty shootouts.

When this was introduced, I seem to remember SI saying it only occurs if you're in a comfortable situation (eg 2-0 up). When it'd be likely to make a difference to the result, the normal guy takes it. Of course, I might just have a dodgy memory and be wrong about this :p

I realised this a few days ago where Engin Bekedmir (or something) was given the spot kick for his hatrick. Then about a month later he had the option of giving another player the spot kick to complete their hatrick. He did not oblige.

Just happened to me again. 5-0 up away at Southampton, 58th min and my AMC who is on 2 goals has been allowed to take the pen regardless of 3 other players on the pitch ahead of him in the pecking order. He has 6 for penalty taking... But still burried it.

Archived