DELL Inspiron 1546 Black

It's my birthday in 12 days YIPPY!!! So im getting a laptop for my birthday. How good would FM10 run on this laptop and any other game like Fifa Manager and sims 3 here are the specs and web page. Please help lads thanks.

DELL Inspiron 1546 Black:

Processor AMD Turion™ X2 RM-74 Dual-Core Processor

- 2.2 GHz

- 1.8 GHz HT (3600 MT/s)

- 2 x 512 KB L2 Cache

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

RAM - 4GB installed RAM

- DDR2

- Up to 8GB maximum RAM capacity

Graphics card ATI RadeonTM HD 4330 graphics card

- 512MB dedicated video memory

Screen type Widescreen LCD

Screen resolution - WXGA

- 1366 x 768 pixels

Screen size 15.6"

Screen features Glossy surface

Hard drive 320GB SATA 5400 rpm

Optical disk drive Dual Layer DVD Rewriter

Memory card reader 7-in-1 media card reader

USB 3 x USB 2.0 ports

FireWire No

Modem/Ethernet Integrated network connector 10/100 LAN (RJ45)

Wi-Fi wireless 1397 802.11g

Bluetooth No

Video interface 15-pin VGA video connector

Audio interface Audio jacks (1-line out, 1 Mic-in)

TV output 15-pin VGA video connector

Extension card slot 34 mm ExpressCard slot

Sound Intel High Definition Audio 2.0

Webcam Built-in 1.3 megapixel webcam

Battery 6-cell lithium-ion battery for 3 hours of use

Accessories included Power cable, AC adapter, battery, documentation

Software included Works 9

McAfee security

Size 373.5 x 244 x 25.9 - 37.8 mm (W x D x H)

Weight 2.64kg (approx)

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/dell-inspiron-1546-black-04927895-pdt.html

Do you know if its the 32 bit or 64 bit version of windows that it comes with? If its the 32bit version then you'll only have access to about 3.3gb of the available 4gb installed ram. Still plenty for FM though!

I play with pretty much all settings maxed out on most games now so FM is easy for my pc to run, also runs nice and smooth with 4 processors and 8 threads. But I have a desktop not a laptop, much better value for money for me lol.

Do you know if its the 32 bit or 64 bit version of windows that it comes with? If its the 32bit version then you'll only have access to about 3.3gb of the available 4gb installed ram. Still plenty for FM though!

If you check that page again it does say 8GB maximum.

My games look no different to that... except for the quality of football played :(

Boasts about his OCed i7 (3.4Ghz) with 6 gigs DDR3 RAM and ATI HD4870

920 or 930 i7? I've got my 920 at 3.8 at 1.21v so it runs nice and cool with my H50.

Unless a laptop is essential, I would say go for a desktop much better value for money and you'll be able to enjoy the games you want to play to a much higher standard. Laptops with with 5xxx series in can be pretty pricey.

Considering he wants it for Sims 3 too, are you serious? DDR2-800 RAM? HD4330? AMD Turion? If that costs any more than £450 he is being seriously ripped off. And it'll only play Sims 3 at mid graphics settings AT BEST.

But at mid specs would there be any lag whiles im playing sims 3.

But at mid specs would there be any lag whiles im playing sims 3.

Yes I suspect there would be a fair bit of choppiness and lag. If you want a gaming computer, then you really should be looking at desktops. FM will do fine on more or less any system with decent RAM and a decent processor. Also whilst it will run FM10, FM11 would probably be ok but by FM12 (which is only about 16/17 months away) you'd probably be struggling to run a decent set-up.

Yes I suspect there would be a fair bit of choppiness and lag. If you want a gaming computer, then you really should be looking at desktops. FM will do fine on more or less any system with decent RAM and a decent processor. Also whilst it will run FM10, FM11 would probably be ok but by FM12 (which is only about 16/17 months away) you'd probably be struggling to run a decent set-up.

so even if i get that 512 dedicated memory it won't do anything to help? do u know a range i can of games i can play (without lag) with that laptop i earlier suggested.

hi all would this laptop run fm2010 with any lagging.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/acer-aspire-5741-04979023-pdt.html

Thanks in advance.

Integrated graphics = fail.

It'll process ok with the i3 and 3GB DDR3, but the ME will lag and jerk possibly even on low settings. Unless you like commentary only, I'd steer clear and get something with dedicated graphics. Maybe look at the laptop in my previous post? (above yours)

you said that intergrated graphic cards are wack but this laptop http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/dell-i...27895-pdt.html has a 512mb dedicated graphic card and people say it won't be good for games so i don't get it.

So can you please tell me based on your opinion if this laptop http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/dell-i...27895-pdt.html would be good for FM and anyother games pleeeeeeeeeease.

If you get one of the "i" series laptops, the graphics cards are really good. I have a new Sony Vaio with an Intel HD card built onto the i3 processor. It plays most 3d games to a high quality.

Normally I would suggest never getting a built in Intel Graphics chip and would always recommend a standalone dedicated graphics card. HOWEVER, the Intel HD with the i3 is very good. The i5 and i7 mostly have dedicated Geforce and ATI cards.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

goto that website and click on the drop down arrow and select any game from the list and it will give you an idea of if your pc/laptop will run that game and if it meets the minimum or recomended specs for that game

but do bear in mind this is only a guide on if the pc/laptop will run said game and is not indicative of how well it will run as other things have to be taken into account such as what other programs are running and using memory and processor

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

goto that website and click on the drop down arrow and select any game from the list and it will give you an idea of if your pc/laptop will run that game and if it meets the minimum or recomended specs for that game

but do bear in mind this is only a guide on if the pc/laptop will run said game and is not indicative of how well it will run as other things have to be taken into account such as what other programs are running and using memory and processor

That only works if you have the computer...

If you look on the dell website there is a good deal on the Studio 15 for £550. It's a little more but for that £100 you get a LOT more power. 1GB graphics card, i3 processor, 3GB of much faster memory, decent size hard disk and a nice looking computer.

And this beats that for only £40 more :D

http://www.acerdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5740G_Laptop_LX.PMB02.001/version.asp

Dell prices are climbing by the minute.

This weekend I jumped ship and bought an HP Pavillion with the new i7 processor, 500GB HDD, Nvidia GT 230m 1GB, Windows 7 64bit and 4GB RAM - £720 including delivery. Would play most games to a high standard but I guess it depends on your budget. I also agree that for the money it's wiser to buy a desktop where possible - for me I'm always on the move and so it wasn't an option.

As someone has already stated, don't get it from PC World. They had my laptop in there but it was £849 which is crazy. PC World is for people who don't know any different and therefore get ripped off without knowing. That said, you could always go look at it and make sure you're happy with it before you walk out and buy it somewhere else :)

I don't trust acers, it's the only computer brand where I've had motherboards die on me just out of warranty. Also, the only difference I can see between the two in terms of spec is 1 gig extra memory (but slower memory). Given how cheap memory is, I would say the dell is a better deal - 1 gig extra of slower memory is not worth £40.

Also, the one you keep linking is sold out.

I don't trust acers, it's the only computer brand where I've had motherboards die on me just out of warranty. Also, the only difference I can see between the two in terms of spec is 1 gig extra memory (but slower memory). Given how cheap memory is, I would say the dell is a better deal - 1 gig extra of slower memory is not worth £40.

Also, the one you keep linking is sold out.

Hmm that Dell aint that bad actually. Slower GFX card though.

It wasn't sold out when I linked it ;)

Also, your location says 'east eight'. As in Hackney?

DO NOT go to PC World!!!

The 1st one is the ONLY one worth buying. The rest don't have dedicated graphics cards, which you'll need for games like the sims.

Mate you do not know how much you have helped me out over the past few days i just want to say thanks very much i appreciate your help.

But i don' get it what is so bad about pc world.

Archived