Club or National Team?

Hi

I just finished an excellent 3rd season with fulham. I won the Carling cup and was 4th in EPL. Now I cant wait for the fourth season to start. But the Republic of Ireland national team wants me as their coach. I want to stay with fulham as i believe i have something for the future here. I also realize that chances to manage national teams are rare.

I cant do both. Please help me pick.

i dont want to do both because it is too complicated for me. I want to keep it realistic as well.

Playin CL so i want to give my fullest to one team only be it Fulham or Ireland.

Please help me decide between Fulham or Ireland

Chances to manage national teams are not rare.There is a cull of national team managers every 2 years,so I'd recommend you continue with Fulham,and then wait till the Euro's/World Cup to see which country is free.

I agree with iamweesel; national team managers are fired left and right as they either don't make the qualifiers or don't do good enough in the competitions, so that chance will come again further down the line. You seem to have something good going with Fulham, so I'd just stay on there.

Hull and England.

I personaaly think due to the lack of games and the only times you can organise the friendlys you will finish seasons very quickly and get bored. Stick with Fulham and do the International Management. It isnt that hard at all.:)

Yokohama F Marinos and Jamaica for me.

As most people have said, I would do both as well. However if you really don't want to then I would just stick with Fulham as you could get another international job in the future.

Can you apply for a national team without your club giving you sh*t about it?

Yeah. You hardly do much international stuff during seasons so it's not a problem to clubs. Plus you might spot one or two players who you could bring to the club.

Yeah. You hardly do much international stuff during seasons so it's not a problem to clubs. Plus you might spot one or two players who you could bring to the club.

This. I did it when managing Brazil and Boston Utd. Found a great Attacking Midfielder. Had to pay over the odds for him but he's been great in the club side

You should defiantly do both. It's not complicated it just may slow down your gameplay as you have a few extra tasks and games to handle in a season.

I would imagine only being an international manager would be very boring. I'm manager of Rangers and Spain in my main save and love it.

Other jobs will open up as others have mentioned. Just wait for qualification/tournaments to end, but you normally need a bit of experience to get one of the top jobs.

I manage Real Madrid...and wait for it...Indonesia.

(jod you're back in GD! :D)

If you really want to manage only one, keep on with Fulham. There are surely better national jobs than Ireland out there!

I am. :D

Ireland is the best national job you could have, what are you talking about? :p

who do yoo get to manage both never had that ? i always wanted to but never occured ? help please ? :)

You cannot manage both from the start of the game with one manager, but you can during the game. All you need to do is just apply for a national team job and if you are good enough they will accept you. You can do it the other way as well and become a national manager at the start of the game and apply for a club job during the game. Hope that helps.

I am. :D

Ireland is the best national job you could have, what are you talking about? :p

Been a while since I've heard from you. Glad you're back. :)

Canada >>>> Ireland. ;)

And I would strongly recommend everyone to take over a U23 squad since I don't think many have won an Olympic Gold Medal in football in FM.

Thank you guys for your help

I decided to stay with Fulham for another year. Will see how it goes at the end. I really want to stay with Fulham because I have some great young players there, but I feel like I need to challenge myself. Will look for another job at the end of the fourth season but if it isnt available I would love to stay with the cottagers.

And I would strongly recommend everyone to take over a U23 squad since I don't think many have won an Olympic Gold Medal in football in FM.

I just did it in the 2016 Olympics with the United States. Beat Peru, 2-0, in the final. :thup:

Archived