Is FM10 worth it in your opinion?

I'm not really sure if I should get FM10 or not. I am currently playing FM07 and really enjoying it even though I have both 08 and 09. I love how solid and balanced the game feels compared to the other two, but how is FM10? I know that there's a demo but it isn't patched and such so it wouldn't be an accurate representation imo.

So, what are your opinions of FM10? Should I get it or should I just stick to my trusty FM07? :D

I want a game where I can have a long career without running into a lot of bugs, inbalanced stuff etc.

I.e a game that really works.

It's not really a problem for me that theres a new version soon, I have no urge to play the latest, just the best version. I currently think that FM07 is the best version and it would feel like a waste of money if I went back to it after playing only a few seasons of FM10 like happened to the other games.

It's more important for me to have a game with all the features working and without major bugs than having more flashy graphics or the latest squads etc.

It's not really a problem for me that theres a new version soon, I have no urge to play the latest, just the best version. I currently think that FM07 is the best version and it would feel like a waste of money if I went back to it after playing only a few seasons of FM10 like happened to the other games.

I did that with 2006, I have 08 and 09 and always went back to 2006, although thats mainly because 09 wouldnt work after I rebuilt my PC, but with 2010 I have only played this version, not even considered going back.

I did that with 2006, I have 08 and 09 and always went back to 2006, although thats mainly because 09 wouldnt work after I rebuilt my PC, but with 2010 I have only played this version, not even considered going back.

That sounds promising, I guess I could play both games as well. :D

Another question, does anyone know if the gamersgate version has got any additional drm to it or if it can be registered on steam?

I would definately say it's worth and agree with the other posters that this is the best version in quite a while. It's also on offer at steam this weekend 50% off I think AND you can play it for free this weekend so perhaps try it that way?

I would definately say it's worth and agree with the other posters that this is the best version in quite a while. It's also on offer at steam this weekend 50% off I think AND you can play it for free this weekend so perhaps try it that way?

Yeah, I noticed that. :)

I would prefer to not buy it from steam though, it's so expensive, even though it's 50% off. Buying from gamersgate's british site would be much cheaper but I don't know if it would work with registering on steam.

I would prefer to not buy it from steam though, it's so expensive, even though it's 50% off. Buying from gamersgate's british site would be much cheaper but I don't know if it would work with registering on steam.

Unless I'm looking at the wrong gamersgate there is only 2p difference?

Unless I'm looking at the wrong gamersgate there is only 2p difference?

yup, that's a lot of money. :D

No, seriously though, as I live in Europe(outside of britain) I am forced to buy from steam in Euros which often makes it much more expensive than other regions.

yup, that's a lot of money. :D

No, seriously though, as I live in Europe(outside of britain) I am force to buy from steam in Euros which often makes it much more expensive than other regions.

Ahh, silly me sorry.

i think the ME has more bugs than any of the last 4 versions, so get it if you dont get annoyed by the bugs in ME.

Such as?

Please, I think not. The ME is fantastic and a great representation of football. You can definitely have your team playing sexy football.

OP, all in all, ignore this guy and buy. Best FM yet? Possibly, maybe 07 was the daddy but this is better than 08 or 09 and the added features make it a must have for me.

I would say it is defo worth it mate, you have the 3D match engine which is great and some new features and of course it is up-to-date with the transfers.

Steam have the game on sale atm for £14.99, or you can have a free trial for the weekend.

I would say it is defo worth it mate, you have the 3D match engine which is great and some new features and of course it is up-to-date with the transfers.

Steam have the game on sale atm for £14.99, or you can have a free trial for the weekend.

Sadly that's only for people in the UK. I live in Sweden and have to pay in Euro on steam. It's €25 for me this weekend on steam.

Archived