Feeder clubs in FM09

Is it possible to have an option to select a counrty or region that we would like a feeder club in the same s we have the option to select what type of feeder club we would like? I would suggest a second drop down box on the same news item so you have to choose between type and country/region.

Is it possible to have an option to select a counrty or region that we would like a feeder club in the same s we have the option to select what type of feeder club we would like? I would suggest a second drop down box on the same news item so you have to choose between type and country/region.

I'm not sure if I like this idea. There are some teams who aren't big, but I choose over ANYONE as feeders for personal reasons (Borehamwood, Cray Wanderers, APOEL); I perhaps would like the possibility of suggesting clubs to the board, but I'm not sure it's realistic.

I'm a strong proponent of specific feeder club suggestion/choice. It is very much in the manager's interest to find the ideal partners that might serve to develop youngsters. Right now it's a total lottery and not realistic at all.

At least you should be able to let the board know which specific leagues you find interesting.

Definitely. This total randomness is rather annoying; the manager has absolutely no clue of what will be his choice. It's like you want a hat but the board offer you to choose 4 pairs of sock.

They also offer you some useless choices which neither you or your players are interested in. For example, none of my player ever accepted to go to the Romanian league. A good regen from Romania is also quite rare if you didn't select the league.

It would probably work best for teams outside of England who want to get good players from say Brazil or Argentina. I know whenever I manage in England I always want a club from Australia and the USA but hardly ever get either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neyles:

I'm a strong proponent of specific feeder club suggestion/choice. It is very much in the manager's interest to find the ideal partners that might serve to develop youngsters. Right now it's a total lottery and not realistic at all.

At least you should be able to let the board know which specific leagues you find interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally agree. I think that some links should be set up by the board on their own but we should also be able to be more specific.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

I'm not sure if I like this idea. There are some teams who aren't big, but I choose over ANYONE as feeders for personal reasons (Borehamwood, Cray Wanderers, APOEL); I perhaps would like the possibility of suggesting clubs to the board, but I'm not sure it's realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why Cray Wanderers out of interest? They're one of my local clubs.

If you stay at a club long enough the board does give you a choice, by the second or third season I think. The only problem is when I was able to choose, the board claimed that there was no teams that matched what they were looking for icon_mad.gif .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Los_Ches:

If you stay at a club long enough the board does give you a choice, by the second or third season I think. The only problem is when I was able to choose, the board claimed that there was no teams that matched what they were looking for icon_mad.gif . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same thing happens to me. thats why a second option of picking a country or region may give more clubs to pick from

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Los_Ches:

If you stay at a club long enough the board does give you a choice, by the second or third season I think. The only problem is when I was able to choose, the board claimed that there was no teams that matched what they were looking for icon_mad.gif . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

.. and then you have to wait for another half season to ask them again.. that's so annoying and unrealistic...

I think this would be a huge benefit as it would allow you to concentrate your efforts in one region. For example if I was managing in Spain I would like to direct all my clubs scouting and knowledge to South America.

• SI Staff

It would be great if there was a better way of forming links and relationships with other clubs and managers that could possibly trigger a link between clubs to be created without you having to ask for it.

I'm pretty sure this coming season there is going to be a link between Rangers and Clyde where we'll probably send them a couple of youngsters on loan and we've already agreed to play them in a friendly all because their manager is former Rangers great and youth coach John Brown.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

It would be great if there was a better way of forming links and relationships with other clubs and managers that could possibly trigger a link between clubs to be created without you having to ask for it.

I'm pretty sure this coming season there is going to be a link between Rangers and Clyde where we'll probably send them a couple of youngsters on loan and we've already agreed to play them in a friendly all because their manager is former Rangers great and youth coach John Brown. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. And why do other teams never approach you to try to initiate a link? Why is it that you always have to ask them?

It would be great if, say, after three or four seasons of having an annual friendly against a side in the US, they decided to approach your club to foster some kind of proper link, even if it was just one of those feeder clubs for friendlies.

Or similar to what Ter said, if you are a smaller club and you repeatedly loan young players from a larger club, and those players succeed while on loan, maybe the larger club could approach you and try to make you an official feeder club.

The affiliation/feeder club system is a great system, and one of my favourite new features added during the FM years, but it still has so much potential to keep improving.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by small Mac:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

I'm not sure if I like this idea. There are some teams who aren't big, but I choose over ANYONE as feeders for personal reasons (Borehamwood, Cray Wanderers, APOEL); I perhaps would like the possibility of suggesting clubs to the board, but I'm not sure it's realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why Cray Wanderers out of interest? They're one of my local clubs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something to do with someone's name and the colour orange.. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neyles:

At least you should be able to let the board know which specific leagues you find interesting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree 100% and they should let you choose the conditions and annual payments as well, like a transfer negotiation. If the board lets you control player contracts and transfer negotiations, they should let you control feeder club terms! The board should just give you a limit (like 2m/year tops if it's a rich club, this decreases depending on how many feeders you already have).

Archived