Am i cheating? Possible cheat spoiler... Maybe

When i sign young players, free agents or contract expiring, i offer the player the lowest wage per week possible, 110euro a week or so but i give the player maybe 15 or 20 grand appearance money on rotation or back up status. They usually accept and when they arrive at my club i instantly offer a new contract, maybe for 120euro a week and 200euro appearance fee. And they accept every time. Now i can have load of young potential players on no risk wages. After a year or two they ask for a rise but even then a extra grand is not much considering how much i save. Is this cheating or am i exploiting the game? I imagine this has probably noticed before and i apologise if im reposting an old problem.

Ok this is dangerously close to semantics from me, but imo, cheating is when you do something which you wouldn't through 'normal' playing of the game to give you an advantage.

Adding another manager to buy up your rubbish is cheating. Using FMRTE to make an academy kid a god or giving your club £100million is cheating.

Giving a player a huge appearance fee bonus to lower his basic wage? That's fine, a rational thing that happens irl. If the game weights the ratio of this wrongly then you can't really fault the player. If they continue to use this strategy to sign players then they're just exploiting a weakness in the game, not cheating.

Does that make any sense? :p

How about offering staff on long term contracts shorter contracts, and then offering them mutual termination after they have signed the new contract ? It saves the club loads of money if you were planning to get rid of them anyway, but is it exploiting the game ?

I didnt plan out on cheating i just stumbled on it as i was trying to keep costs to a minimum . Honestly tho i dont find it helping me at all because the players attractedwith this usually get sold or released the season after. Like I've never used fmrte or edited any finances. I dont want to know p.a's or c.a's. Anyways hopefully that exploit will get fixed. Oh and i agree that anyone asking " am i cheating" usually is :-)

I didnt plan out on cheating i just stumbled on it as i was trying to keep costs to a minimum . Honestly tho i dont find it helping me at all because the players attractedwith this usually get sold or released the season after. Like I've never used fmrte or edited any finances. I dont want to know p.a's or c.a's. Anyways hopefully that exploit will get fixed. Oh and i agree that anyone asking " am i cheating" usually is :-)

Instead of asking for it to get fixed repeatedly, why don't you just not use it, and maybe post an example in the bugs forum. This is going on the long list of exploits I've seen which I've no intention of ever using.

It is an unrealistic proposition isn't it? Therefore it isn't something which should be removed from the game. If someone wants to exploit it then that is entirely up to them.

Perhaps what COULD be done, would be to set-up a code which links % of wage VS appearance ratio. I.e "A player's appearance fee may not exceed 100% of his weekly wage"

The easy way around removing such clauses by offering new contracts

X amount of time must pass between a contract being accepted and a new one being offered

The game already stores when a new contract comes into force, so it is extremely easy to add abit of code to have the player refuse a new contract until x months have passed

Of course, this must only be in place for players since it will cause staff to be lost left right and centre

not sure on the per app clause though as everything I can think of will either cause too much of a limit or being easy to exploit in itself

Archived