unrealistic transfer fees?

Idk about unrealistic transfer fees, but just today I was playing and tried to sign a youth player from Bordeaux. Highly rated, a lot of potential according to my scouts who say he would be extremely interested in joining my team.

I approached to sign him (still under a youth contract) and he declined, so I went to negotiate with him and it turns out he wants a professional deal although he can't sign one until he's 18 (he's 15 at the moment). He also wants his deal to be 46,000 euros a week. !?!?!?!?

Idk about unrealistic transfer fees, but just today I was playing and tried to sign a youth player from Bordeaux. Highly rated, a lot of potential according to my scouts who say he would be extremely interested in joining my team.

I approached to sign him (still under a youth contract) and he declined, so I went to negotiate with him and it turns out he wants a professional deal although he can't sign one until he's 18 (he's 15 at the moment). He also wants his deal to be 46,000 euros a week. !?!?!?!?

yees , what team was he with,

i had the same problem with a 15 yearold rightback at inter milan. it seems like for him to leave his club, he would want a high wage. but 30k plus for a 15 yearold? that makes wayne rooneys wage small

I have the problem with youth players wages too, often wanting 30-40k a week.

Maybe its SI's way of stopping us from grabbing every great young player in the game before clubs get a chance to get a good fee for them.

You could be right, but I've noticed that if the player has yet to sign a "pre-contract" deal with his club, you can approach to sign him without dealing with the club, yet at the very bottom of the contract offer window, you'll see that there is a fee attached to the player.

For the player I mentioned earlier, the deal was a fee of 1.6m potentially rising to 4m. So even if I do snatch him away from his home club, they're still going to get a potentially generous fee.

Thing is, what's not like real life is that they ask way too much (not just too much).

In real life, yes, clubs don't want to sell their star players or great prospects, but they will generally accept huge bids for them, which are about 2/3 or even 1/2 of what clubs in FM will accept.

Just needs toning down some imo.

I got Adler with 20m euro, Pjanic with 30m euro, Neymar with 20m euro, Criscito with only 21m euro (Genoa+Juventua) as Man City in 1st season. They will become the best players in the game. Where are the unrealistic transfer fees?

Don't go for Fabregas, Ribery or Aguero in season 1 because it's normal for the clubs to try to hold on to them. Buy future wonderkids and undeveloped players with higher PA and turn them into world stars.

Also, if you're a smaller team and you try to buy a youngster from big teams like Inter or Real Madrid, it's normal for him to ask big wages. I don't see nothing wrong with that.

Most clubs simply do not what to sell their star players because at the end of the day, no matter how much they usually get for them - they'll never be able to replace the player they just lost in the short term.

If you make an offer of say, £10m for a player and the club comes back with a negotiation of £40m, it doesn't mean that's all they'll sell for. Make an offer of £12.5m, then £15m, etc. I had Villa demand £40m+ for Fabian Delph (not surprisingly, he'd only been there 6 months), but I got him for £15m over 48 months.

Archived