Rory Delap type players

Are there any other young players who are Premiership quality who can bullet the ball into the box from throw ins like Delap.

I have a player who has a long throw rating of 18 but he doesnt bullet them in. Am I right in assuming that a player with a long throw rating of 20 will bullet them in if not what other stats will the player need:p

Are there any other young players who are Premiership quality who can bullet the ball into the box from throw ins like Delap.

I have a player who has a long throw rating of 18 but he doesnt bullet them in. Am I right in assuming that a player with a long throw rating of 20 will bullet them in if not what other stats will the player need:p

Interact with the player and ask him to develop a "Long Flat Throw"

Anton Alex, Kyrgistani international, plays in Turkey, is about League 1 standard, but has 20 for Long Throws, so he'd be worth it to bring on in the last 5/10 mins of any game your losing and need to create chances.

Remember if you have a fullback doing this, to leave some extra cover back :D

They'll attempt bullet-throws when they're high up the pitch near the corner flag, leaving you very exposed to a counter-attack if 1 of the fullbacks is taking the throw-in

Gunnarson (unsure of spelling) the young Icelandic player at Everton.

Had him on loan in my QPR save and he had 20 for long throws and they were like bullets!

Mark Cooper brought Exodus Geoghan (?sp) from Kettering to Peterboro purely on the strengh of his bullet-throw abilities (allegedly). Seems he is carp at everything else and was a factor in Cooper failing and quickly losing his job. Unless he's an all-round good player like Delap, it isn't advisable.

The reason Delap has such a ferocious ability is because he trained for years as a javelin thrower. It's an almost unique background, which is why other players can't just pick up the skill on the training ground. Hence, I think it was a mistake for SI to include it as a PPM that a player can pick up in a few weeks.

Archived