When does the game start getting realistic?

Yeah I'm topping the league (great!) but, still, it is kinda annoying how I always need to have 15+ shots on target (I'm talking 9/10 of my matches) just to score 1 goal only for the computer to come up with 2 goals from 3 shots on target.

Is it possible to stop the computer from getting a shot at goal?

And it's annoying how I always get sacked everytime I manage a low reputation team in the top leagues (because I can't score!).

Anyway...

What season are you guys on?

I'm afraid if it's not realistic for you now, it's not going to get any better further down the road.

There's no feel good factor, the "yeah, look at my team!" factor, because the AI makes your strikers look inferior.

I'm lucky I'm managing a top team in my league because my goalie is pure garbage.

Yeah I'm topping the league (great!) but, still, it is kinda annoying how I always need to have 15+ shots on target (I'm talking 9/10 of my matches) just to score 1 goal only for the computer to come up with 2 goals from 3 shots on target.

Either change your tactics or stop imagining something that's not there. Sorry if I sound unsympathetic.

Sign a better defence.

And it's annoying how I always get sacked everytime I manage a low reputation team in the top leagues (because I can't score!).

Sounds perfectly realistic to me.

The match engine won't change so I think you're just having issues with the engine. I'm suffering from the same problem you have but I'm doing very well, despite lots of close wins and draws while looking purely at chances I would win like 36 games out of 38, but that's not realistic either is it :) I think it's pretty realistic as I'm experiencing it, even more the other way, I won everything (sextuple) two times in a row with Juventus with pretty much my eyes closed and some luck at the right times, actually that's less realistic than your problem, I doubt a team has ever done this in real life :p

Btw SI confirmed a bug in 10.2 concerning some one-on-one's so this could be a factor as well and I'm guessing I will score more in 10.3 for this reason, while I don't actually need it to be successful :)

You could have saved space by not posting this. You also did not have to read the topic.

Oh please, spare me. My post was clearly dry humour; it hardly takes up that much space, I was merely commenting on how annoying it is getting here with the enormous amount of numbers that come in here merely to complain about why they aren't winning every game.

S6BARCAWIN1.jpg

I just thought imagery would be a better way of proving that your problems are largely tactical. It's very possible to win games with few shots and it's very possible to shut out the opposition.

Oh, I'm Sangonera in that screenshot btw.

We could save a lot of posting space if we set up a separate forum for people to whinge about their Football Manager experiences.

The OP has issues, regardless of the way he describes them, he's already had some decent advice and there are lessons for others in some of the replies.

This kind of thread is perfectly valid and your observations are not.

Not saying tactics arent a factor but its not the whole reason. Its clear the AI is not up to the job in the longterm as he either declines or fails to note changes by the human player. I notice from some posts that ppl have been using the same tactic forever, especially on those career games, so surely if it was tactical they would have down periods, yet these are only not winning as many titles. You rarely see ppl relegated on those games which shows its not the tactics but its actually the AI.

When does the game start getting realistic?

When talentless inexperienced nerds like us stop getting jobs as football managers.

Hate to break it to you, mate, but we're on this forum talking about a computer game that takes up a large part of our lives.

What are we, but nerds? :D

erm...(No comment) :) :)

we are all a bit nerdy

as for results please remember those kind of results do happen in real life.

most extreme i remember in recent years was april 07, arsenal 0-1 west ham (zamora 45') arsenal had 24 shots, most on target, west ham had a solitary shot all game, west ham won - does happen. man utd v villa this year a very notable example too.

if your team had 17 tame shots at the keeper and a few poor headers that go over, you can say i had 24 attempts on goal and 17 on target, how come i didnt win? but the quality of chances you have is poor maybe, so perhaps thats why you didnt win. how many genuine clear chances, did you have? how many long range efforts? etc etc. the game is so much more indepth than i had more shots so i should win.

i am not here criticising your frustration, merely to illustrate that there may be a damn good reason you have most attempts statistically and lost

The OP has issues, regardless of the way he describes them, he's already had some decent advice and there are lessons for others in some of the replies.

This kind of thread is perfectly valid and your observations are not.

The problem is Kriss that the OP is fully aware of the current "problems" with the match engine having been involved in many threads over the last couple of months.

Despite being aware of these issues he has started another thread hinting at the same subject purely IMO to cause more friction between members of the community.

I won everything (sextuple) two times in a row with Juventus with pretty much my eyes closed and some luck at the right times, actually that's less realistic than your problem, I doubt a team has ever done this in real life :p

Barcelona at the moment are winning this many trophies, teams like Liverpool, Ajax, Man Utd, Real Madrid have all dominated in the past, it does happen

Archived