Idea for a FM game!

I had this idea once, for a Football Manager game. Not sure how possible it is though. My idea is to do a special game, anniversary or something, from the 1966 world cup. Do the players and the teams from then so you have players like Pele, Moore, Hurst etc.

Obviously it'll be difficult to find them all but surely the clubs will have records of past players.

Would this even interest people though?

Anyway, let me know your thought.

This would be great, but it would be a very big task, seeing as they would have to create another load of stats for players, also they wouldnt be able to get all the players from other countries either, it would be very incomplete, but it is a great concept idea none the less (y)

i dont think a historic games section but maybe a senario section, like take over a team like leeds (who went breasts up when they were relegated), half way through theyre last prem season and try keep them up. dont know if it could be done but it would be great i think.

i dont think a historic games section but maybe a senario section, like take over a team like leeds (who went breasts up when they were relegated), half way through theyre last prem season and try keep them up. dont know if it could be done but it would be great i think.

yeah, that's something I'd like to see.

I had this idea once, for a Football Manager game. Not sure how possible it is though. My idea is to do a special game, anniversary or something, from the 1966 world cup. Do the players and the teams from then so you have players like Pele, Moore, Hurst etc.

Obviously it'll be difficult to find them all but surely the clubs will have records of past players.

Would this even interest people though?

Anyway, let me know your thought.

Good idea. There's actually a baseball management game called Baseball Mogul and they actually included a database that allows you to play from 1901 on. Of course, the world of baseball is much smaller than the world of soccer so, while I like the idea, the logistics could be pretty daunting.

I assume they still hold the databases from old games so I don't think it would be that differcult to implement, database wise. The only thing would be the size of database, which could be gotten around by just releasing them on the website I suppose.

Can't say I'm a fan tbh. FM for me is all about managing in the present.

Thats why I said about the randomly generated scenarios. The game could generate the game as it is, then crunch some numbers and throw up a challenge. You could even put a difficulty level in. I'm going to use Portsmouth again as an example (nothing personal).

So the game throws up Pompey and their troubles.

Easy - Start of season, keep them up.

Medium - Decemeber, keep them up.

Difficult - March keep them up.

And so on but with different clubs and different challenges. Spurs is another one.

Easy - Start, finish in top 4

Medium - December, struggling to make 4th, you have to get them there.

Difficult - March, same as above.

I know I didn't say it but when I said managing in the present - I also mean (when starting) managing with the teams as close to real life as possible.

Random scenarios still doesn't help that. If anything, I'd like what BGS did with CM Live Season or whatever it is called. So I can pick up the game from a certain point in the season with the real life stats at those times.

Archived