fm2010 is an awesome game - what's your favourite feature?

Absolutely loving this year's. Think the match engine is superb and love the added depth to each of my players and club's info. Seems like attributes are more accurately represented on field now also. No longer are 6'4'' defenders being easily outjumped by Dennis Wise and pacey wingers are leaving slow defenders for dead down the flanks.

me and my mates thinks FM2010 is the best so far and to be honest if the game was perfect people would moan that next years game wouldnt have anything new. It would mearly be an update, so i like the fact that things need a bit of work because then it makes you look forward to the next edition of the game.

Its a brilliant game, but please do not shake the hands of the creators while masked by a blanket of your awe towards them.

There are a lot of things to be improved and quite frankly a lot of games (especially FM) are well behind where they should be.

It is 2010, we have some of the craziest looking games out there, we use some of the most powerful computer machines ever created by man - yet FM graphics wise is still back in the 90's, the match engine is still far from perfect and the game lacks a distinct amount of creativity and flair. (It still feels like a database on wheels)

I love the game, but there needs to be definate improvment in graphics, performance, and the general game needs to be reworked to make it less tedious for the gamer. (ie less complication/randomness of tactics, less team talks/repetition etc).

To save this from being a +1 spam fest and/or degenerating into a flame war, I've emphasised the OP's question.

My favourite feature in FM10 is either the improved 3D or the tabbed layout. Really like both of those.

I am really enjoying this years edition. A lot of positives particularly I like the new tactics set up. My only gripe is most matches seem to go one way or another within 20 minutes or so and rarely do I see a game go back and forth. I mean you are either clearly winning or clearly losing too often and not often enough are the game close enough. I would like to see a few more games that I am winning 2 or 3 goals up but end up losing or vice versa, just to spice things up a bit. Has anyone ever come back from 3 goals down to win or been beaten once they were 3 goals up? I am sure it happens but all too often the result (win/lose/draw) is too predictable after 20 minutes. Hope I am making some sense.

Tactic. I can do what ever I want, don't need to know "sliders". And shouts are amazing.

I have fun with the game.

Of course, there needs improvement with the defense, so that the "SuperGK" dissapear, and some other small things, but it is nice.

And, what do you think to give us an invitation to sport studio? I mean, every country has it (inviting a coach once a month to discuss with them the match day), so it should be able to us too. When you have your game on saturday, there comes an invitation for SportStudio for sunday, so that you can tell your opinion about other matches. For what is this good? Inter 2:1 Parma, and the question is what was false in the tactic, and you tell they should have close down Sneijder, and play a 4-1-2-2-1 with wingers. So, when this was right, you will get "hidden" tactic managing points, if wrong you will lose the points. In that way, you can't just download the tactics and play it, but you have to understand the game and his flow. And it would make easier to get a better job (Because you show that you know the tactical works)

There are three things I like:

1. Backroom advice, which although most of the time I just speed click through it, it's a great feature (especially at lower levels, if you're lucky enough to have staff members)

2. I've always been a fan of the tutoring system. I love bringing up youth players.

3. The editor! I love creating clubs, players, leagues, etc. Most of the time, I spend 2-3 hours creating a league, play it for a night and scrap it.. But that's how I play.

:)

Archived