Anyone seen this before...

Last night i started a career with Birmingham. I put Rahdi Jaidi on the transfer market and offered to clubs. A club called Catania made an offer which i accepted and then i continued the game. The next thing that comes up is something along the lines of ''Rahdi Jaidi is only willing to join Catania on a lower wage if you agree to pay £3,600 per week towards his wages'' with the option of agree or disgree.

I agreed and off he went. This is the first time i had seen this come up and my brother who also spends a fair amount of time on the game had not seen it before also.

Last night i started a career with Birmingham. I put Rahdi Jaidi on the transfer market and offered to clubs. A club called Catania made an offer which i accepted and then i continued the game. The next thing that comes up is something along the lines of ''Rahdi Jaidi is only willing to join Catania on a lower wage if you agree to pay £3,600 per week towards his wages'' with the option of agree or disgree.

I agreed and off he went. This is the first time i had seen this come up and my brother who also spends a fair amount of time on the game had not seen it before also.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

wis i could choose to o it just to get rid of somepeople, many a time players have refused to go becuase the wages they are getting offered are too low. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. This situation comes up WAY too rarely. In the case of hard-to-shift players, I'd love having the option to hint at possible buyers that I'd pay some of the player's future wages.

It could be implemented in the following way: When offering the player to clubs there would be a customizable tick box, pertaining to supplementary future wages, ranging from, say, 10 to 50% of current wages. Thus it would be up to the manager to find a reasonable level of expense set against the option of either mutually terminating or outright firing the player.

yeah seen it before, but not much though. best example was on FM06 when Sol Campbell would only move to deportivo for £29,500 a week from me until end of his current deal.

i had this on fm07 at real madrid with cassano.

the little *blighter* refused the deal, and i ended up releasing him on a free for £3M compensation, but amazingly, he said that he was so good that he'd have no trouble finding a new club and he didn't want any compensation. he left for nothing, and rotted in the wilderness before retiring icon_biggrin.gif

Its a good feature i have used it a few times when selling a couple of boro players to championship sides. Got to watch out tho because i done it and didnt realise i had to pay someone £9k for 2 more years!

Oh well.

Jonathan Evans tried this on in my Man U. game after Newcastle came in for him.

He wanted over 11000 a week from the club for 3 years... I duly refused, although money wasn't a problem, it was just the principle of the thing.

He enjoyed all his football in the reserves for the rest of the season. Greedy so-and-so.

Happened to me at Real Madrid with Guti, IMO it should happen more, especially when a club is interested in signing one of your players but comes back and says 'can't afford wage demands'. Would be helpful to get players on 30k+ a week off the wage bill for say 5/10k per week. I ended up paying Guti £9k per week for a year, but that still was a saving of £31k per week, and i finally got a transfer fee!!

This happened to me when I was managing my beloved Newcastle. Mark Viduka had a shocking season so I thought I'd offload him and his £60,000 a week wages. In came Villa with a bid of £2m. 'Great' I thought. Then comes the news that Viduka wanted me to put £25,000 a week towards his wages...

He ended up leaving for Manchester City for £1.3m the week after.

I had it last night too, with Charles Itandje, I was so angry at this cheek I refused it and stuck him in the reserves to rot... icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, also when I signed Van Der Vaart, Roma paid £5k a week so he would accpet my lesser offer... icon14.gif

Archived