Ridiculous Transfer fee's !!!

Howcome on this years FM the prices for players are ridiculous?

David Villa was linked to R.Madrid IRL for 40m, howcome it cost's us 60m

Geargio Chillini linked with a 10-15m move, he costs us 40m

Edin Dzeko linked to the prem 10-15m, costs us 30+m

These are just examples, can it be changed in 10.3?

You need to learn to NEGOTIATE.

There have been plenty of threads recently stating the same thing!

The examples given are ALL considered important to their clubs. If YOU were in charge, would YOU sell Dzeko for £10-15m? Unsettle the player, negotiate with the club. I have never paid more than £22m for Dzeko, because that's the wat I go about it.

u obviously need to improve how u offer bids for players.

anyway swap shoes with the AI for a minute. if u was at valencia would u sell david villa for 40m? no i would sell for a lot higher.

dzeko is also worth a lot more than 15m to a selling manager.

i just cant see how your examples are 'ridiculous'?

transfer prices all depends how u negotiate, normally its base on clubs you manager big clubs like man utd real madrid if you buy players like you mention you tend to get a high fee cos the club knows ur a rich club, i manager lower teams on fm09 i did swansea i got many quality players for free cos i went to unsettle them spread rumours saying im defo signing you in the end players will join you for free, i got Arsharvin for free in my 3rd season with swansea. and bought deco for 500k hehe, all about NEGOTIATE i agree with Cougar2010

after 4 seasons on football manager i began chasing edin dzeko, and marseille and myself were a long way apart in valuations. after a year of patient unsettling, and negotiating i finally landed the man for his value of 21m euros, not bad for a man in his prime. but it took a YEAR for me to get him on a good price

transfer prices all depends how u negotiate, normally its base on clubs you manager big clubs like man utd real madrid if you buy players like you mention you tend to get a high fee cos the club knows ur a rich club, i manager lower teams on fm09 i did swansea i got many quality players for free cos i went to unsettle them spread rumours saying im defo signing you in the end players will join you for free, i got Arsharvin for free in my 3rd season with swansea. and bought deco for 500k hehe, all about NEGOTIATE i agree with Cougar2010

Ever heard of a full stop?? MAkes things SOOOO much easier to read...

I got Deco for a similar price, probably one of the best signings I've made. :thup:

And if you bid for a player, and the AI counters with something very high, usually they will take something about 1/3rd of the way between the two values. I've found that the chairman will usually intervene if it's a smaller club.

im a little bit sick of these but again depends on club finances. before i was 345 million in the black players i scouted came back with a figure which was not bad now i have cash to splash its all changed and playing overinflated prices (which i wouldnt do most expensive signing aguero 54 million but before that it was £20m and £12m were my highest fees before that.) now everytime im interested i get asked ridiculus prices £50m i signed sidney for (although a wonderkid rep)

I disagree hhhonlyfan. Obviously it has taken a few years to generate your clubs wealth. in that time all other clubs are generating wealth at the same rate. Top end clubs are pumping money into mid-level clubs for their stars and in turn mid level clubs stadiums are increasing in size. Too much money in the economy! The money doesn't get taken back out of the economy and therefore inflation of price is what you are experiencing. Not the Man City tax.

errr... i think u should negotiate 1st

BBC Sport today? Edin Dzeko linked with Chelsea for £36m you can get him on FM for as little as £18m. 36>18 - I rest my case.

its very naive to have one example and assume that everything follows it. other transfers will have fees the opposite way round. a large sample needs to be taken before any ideas can be formulated.

I really don't care about the original transfer value. I look at the player and think for myself: "How much is he worth?" - If they want ridiculous transfer fees, then I find another target or start a long negotiation. Of course, the best players in the world are crazy expensive and the clubs probably just set an unrealistic value. I guess Man Utd did the same with Ronaldo - and they probably got surprised when it got accepted :)

Archived