How many promotions?

How successful have people been with lower league clubs? I would put this on the LLM section but I'm sure it would be removed immediately for something or other.

I've just got Hemel Hempstead Town into the Championship for the 2019/20 season, so five promotions in ten seasons so far.

I've taken Tooting & Mitcham from the BSS to the PL, it took me nine seasons, then another nine to win it.

Now thats what you call commitment! I've never managed to keep my interest for more than about 5 years. I think 10 is my record and that was on cm4...

Four promotions in four seasons with Corby Town (BSN to CCC). Currently in 1st in that league too at the start of March 2014. Done it by spending minimal amounts (£62k total) and getting great loan signings. Got lucky with some sales as well, making £170k in sales last season and £975k this season.

I always try to build a squad for the league above, so I'm looking at getting some Prem quality in now. Helped that I could get Merida on a free after Arsenal released him.

I've got some catching up to do then if people have already made the prem from down in the depths!

Currently in a play-off spot after 15 games in the Championship, despite still only having a capacity of 3,000 and a wage budget of £21,000 per week!

lol, yeah i hated that with the wages and little stadium. i was so pleased to get into the prem raking in that £30mil per season else i would have been in MASSIVE debt. But that happened anyway having just been expanded to 15000 so im a little happy about that. just goota do everything to stay in the Prem else I will be in deep poo!

Took Mildenhall Town (division 9) up in it's first year (finished 2nd -- won one cup). Stayed in division 8 in second season --- 4 games left in 3rd season, 5 pts adrift (but in playoff spot) --- hoping to take them up again this season...

Took Mildenhall Town (division 9) up in it's first year (finished 2nd -- won one cup). Stayed in division 8 in second season --- 4 games left in 3rd season, 5 pts adrift (but in playoff spot) --- hoping to take them up again this season...

UPDATE: Just managed to win the division --- took a combination of wins (fortunately my final 4 matches were against lower placed teams, and I managed 5 wins on the trot) and the top team losing two of their final four matches --- but Mildenhall Town is now up in division 7 Isthian Premier league --- currently up 1-0 in our first match of the season...crossing fingers that I can manage to at least remain up for the season and try to push for promotion to BSS next season...

Archived