The English are taking over Scotland (again...!)

The year is 2015. Scotland are ranked 2nd in the FIFA International rankings and Hearts have won the CL 3 seasons on the trot. Problem is, every SPL side has more Englishmen than Scotsmen in their squad.

Out of the top 35 players on average rating - 17 are English and just 5 are Scottish.

Is this another regen problem, where Scottish clubs are not producing even average players while the database is overflowing while Prem regens?

The year is 2015. Scotland are ranked 2nd in the FIFA International rankings and Hearts have won the CL 3 seasons on the trot. Problem is, every SPL side has more Englishmen than Scotsmen in their squad.

Out of the top 35 players on average rating - 17 are English and just 5 are Scottish.

Is this another regen problem, where Scottish clubs are not producing even average players while the database is overflowing while Prem regens?

The English regens have higher PA than Scottish regens, which is why clubs prefer to sign Englishmen, since they ask for the same wages. I think there need to be some sanity checks on that in the game, especially when it comes to part-time contrats. I think the same happens in Wales and Northern Ireland, incidentally.

It's because English players are better and are being lured to the now better clubs of Scotland (possibly what led to the rise of the Scottish clubs in the first place?).

In terms of a realism, it's probably correct for the SPL (doubts about the lower leagues though).

In reality though, the raising of the standard of the Scottish game should eventually lead to a rise in Scottish youth PA but a decline in top-flight opportunities.

There would still be a huge increase in foreigners.

even if they dont ever win anything again, they will still be far better than scotland, they have two teams that detroy the league every season and they are about as good as a mid table premiership team.

english league better

english national team better

just worth mentioning, scotland backed out of a potential friendly, pussys

lol

some1 takin it 2 heart

diffrence is scotland dont go in2 everythin sayin or expecting 2 win

england have better players fact but they are way short of being a better team or even a good team they do not pull together

bunch of prima donnas

I get the Feeling that Damienroden is english and under the age of 10.

He should maybe check the Fifa rankings in real life before he goes spouting rubbish.

Scotland 14th

England 11th

Population of Scotland 5 million odd (with 1 million of that being English/polish etc)

Population of England 50 million odd

Now lets compare the leagues... Yes Scotland has two top teams that win everything... England has 4 teams that win everything so what exactly is his point?

Seriously hes as bad as all the little scottish neds that watch braveheart and think its a historical documentary and start hating english people.

I guess theres tossers on both sides.

in fact, i've just realised that that's pretty much the state of the english league, minus the english players.

i've done some reading and out of the 4 english teams in the champions league now, there are 12 english players, whereas in scotland, with one team, there are 6.

look, scotland 14th in fifa rankings. england 11th in fifa rankings. population of scotland, 5000000. population of england, 45000000. so in terms of producing talent scotland win.

and the leagues, well england win hands down but only because england cannot produce decent players so clubs have to look else where.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t_i_n_o2001:

Is this another regen problem, where Scottish clubs are not producing even average players while the database is overflowing while Prem regens? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I'd like to see is a distinction between the reputation of the country's football team and the quality of youngsters in it. Here's why.

The quality of FREDs for each nationality in the game is determined by the reputatation of the country. I can understand why SI did it this way but it makes long term games a bit frustrating for the smaller nations.

If you increase the reputation of the national team, the quality of FREDs with that nationality will increase. So, if you don't mind staying out of international football (as Scotland's manager in this case), raise the reputation of the nation to a much higher number (9999 is the highest). Remember that if you raise this and DO take on the Scotland job, you will be expected to win everything because of your reputation so stay away from that national job.

Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by damienroden:

havent scotland got the almost worst teenage pregnancy, lowest employment , worst alcohol problem and lowest life expectancy in europe

LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I havent checked anything official so you may be right.

However it seems as though England surpasses everybody else by having the biggest Dee Dee Dee.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by damienroden:

hit you where it hurts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think someone needs to grow up. My guess is 14, but i'm probably wrong.

As for both footballing nations I don't think either have much to shout about. Neither qualified for the Euros, although Scotland were closest.

As for the leagues, the English is better. No competition, although that is due largely to the foreigners.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> damienroden </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Krancjar taking a potshot from 30 yards disaster for England some mug in goals spills it. Eduardo plays a lovely through ball to Olic he places his shot past the keeper 2-0 Croatia.

English Commentator "its 2-2 were through 1966 1966 1966 we are the best" Petric miles out not really threatning he shoots oh Carson just cant save anything today 3-2 to the Croats

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Caleyjag:

Will the reputation of the country increase the more successful it is Hawsheils? I mean from within FM of course.

This in turn would mean better youngsters in the future? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it does Caleyjag. Spot on.

However, it is a catch 22 situation as far as this goes. The only way the nation can get better youngsters is if it does well and wins games, but of course it is hard to win much (if anything) with Scotland without these good players. This is why I'd like to see a seperation between them in the database.

What the database reflects very well is the current situation within each of the countries but not the changes.

For example, I am pretty sure that anyone within the game recognises that Scotland has been forced to develop its younger talent and that many more are coming through the youth systems. Equally, there are countries (not going to get into a battle by naming them here) that have very few youths coming through.

So, currently there is no way of reflecting this growth in the game. The FREDs are linked with the reputation of the country at the moment so it is almost static - unless you get a great manager that can turn it around for Scotland (or any other lower reputation team) - which would then in turn generate better youths.

Does that make sense?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toon07:

This is very bizzare! To find that many englishmen prepared to travel to the dark side of the border... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wales?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hawshiels:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Caleyjag:

Will the reputation of the country increase the more successful it is Hawsheils? I mean from within FM of course.

This in turn would mean better youngsters in the future? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it does Caleyjag. Spot on.

However, it is a catch 22 situation as far as this goes. The only way the nation can get better youngsters is if it does well and wins games, but of course it is hard to win much (if anything) with Scotland without these good players. This is why I'd like to see a seperation between them in the database.

What the database reflects very well is the current situation within each of the countries but not the changes.

For example, I am pretty sure that anyone within the game recognises that Scotland has been forced to develop its younger talent and that many more are coming through the youth systems. Equally, there are countries (not going to get into a battle by naming them here) that have very few youths coming through.

So, currently there is no way of reflecting this growth in the game. The FREDs are linked with the reputation of the country at the moment so it is almost static - unless you get a great manager that can turn it around for Scotland (or any other lower reputation team) - which would then in turn generate better youths.

Does that make sense? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that makes perfect sense.

A simple way to look at it - as you say - is the Scotland situation.

Scotland's youth helped propel the country to a higher standing in the world, it wasn't the fact that we were playing better that produced better youth players.

In fact, it's down to clubs and the introduction of better training and youth facilities that did this - maybe that's the way to link PA for regens?

Look at the likes of

Scott Brown

Kevin Thomson

Aiden McGeady

Steven Whittaker

Steven Fletcher ( wanted by REAL MADRID)

compared to Englands:

Theo Walcott...when was the last time he got a game?

Wayne Rooney,Beckham etc are probably the best youngsters to come out england during the years but the fact is that recentley Scotland has produced the best.

And DamienRod or whatever your name is..Why bring all taht into a football discussion?

I always load up all the leagues from the British Isles and find that the lower leagues in England and Scotland become full of Irish players. I have wondered if it's because my nationality is Northern Irish but the game database is set up before you enter your manager info, so it must just be coincidence.

Wow, this kinda swayed off topic at times...

BTTT, a couple of people have said they think this is realistic. I cannot think of any footballing nation that would NOT have most of its sides filled with players from their own country.

Can anyone advise how to perhaps stop this in future? Maybe only loading the EPL and not all the English leagues would help?

Would be good if anyone else has had this same problem and how/if they resolved it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeekoHFC:

Look at the likes of

Scott Brown

Kevin Thomson

Aiden McGeady

Steven Whittaker

compared to Englands:

Wayne Rooney,Beckham etc are probably the best youngsters to come out england during the years but the fact is that recentley Scotland has produced the best.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

Have you been asleep for the last decade?

What about Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, Jermaine Defoe, Glen Johnson, Mark Noble, Anton Ferdinand - all from one club that hasn't even been consistently in the Premier League. I'm sure they'd all be top players in the SPL.

Not to mention the current crop of up & coming talent such as Bentley, Osman, Richards, Onuhua [sp], Johnson and pretty much all the U-21 national team.

John Terry not good enough for Scotland? Gerrard? Owen?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t_i_n_o2001:

Can anyone advise how to perhaps stop this in future? Maybe only loading the EPL and not all the English leagues would help?

Would be good if anyone else has had this same problem and how/if they resolved it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't load the English leagues, or set them to view only. That's the only workaround I found, and even then it's not waterproof.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MeekoHFC:

Look at the likes of

Scott Brown

Kevin Thomson

Aiden McGeady

Steven Whittaker

compared to Englands:

And DamienRod or whatever your name is..Why bring all taht into a football discussion? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Refer to table

also we have had a year of rubbish results while Scotland have had their best qualifying in ages (and still watching the Finals on TV I may add along side us English), and yet we are still above them in the Fifa rankings.

*laughs and points*

havent scotland got the almost worst teenage pregnancy, lowest employment , worst alcohol problem and lowest life expectancy in europe

LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what a pr*ck! don't say anything on internet forums that you wouldn't say in real life. and if you spat all that out to the average scot, they'd probably panel you properly son...

o.O wow... I'm experiencing something totally different xD

English players are avrage, while my scottish players

Callum Black (striker with pa 200), Roger McDerek (CM with PA 182), Daniel Johnson (GK Pa 179)(english + scot) are mostly a lot better than my english regens :p

I LOVE when games are this random. Thats what makes them special^_^

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you increase the reputation of the national team, the quality of FREDs with that nationality will increase. So, if you don't mind staying out of international football (as Scotland's manager in this case), raise the reputation of the nation to a much higher number (9999 is the highest). Remember that if you raise this and DO take on the Scotland job, you will be expected to win everything because of your reputation so stay away from that national job.

Hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did this to Scotland as i noticed this problem. Raised the reputation by 2000 (around 7500 now IIRC)points to see if that helped, and keep some degree of realisim. Seems to have worked, and I never bother with international managment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tjb2376:

LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what a pr*ck! don't say anything on internet forums that you wouldn't say in real life. and if you spat all that out to the average scot, they'd probably panel you properly son... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

arent you adding violence to his list in there??

but seriously i think hes gone after he realised that noone had his back.

btw how big was the gap between scotland and england before the qualifying brought them closer

Does this consistently happen in every game you play, or just the one?

As far as things go, I can't think of very many leagues where the best players aren't mostly of foreign nationality. The Dutch league has always had a lot of up and coming foreigners. Hell, looking at Ajax's squad I struggled to find Dutch players. I think if you put to it you could find plenty of capable Scottish players who just need a chance to break through. Scout away icon_wink.gif

Look England have got world class players and popularity

Wayne Rooney, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, David Beckham, Frank Lampard?

Oh look, don't all our world class players play in the english leagues minus beckham?

Who does scotland have? Your best striker is Kenny Miller who can't score for Derby County who are bottom of the league!

Archived