Son coming through the youth

Would you think your managerial statistics would influence the style of play your son has? i.e, an attacking manager would have a striker for a son, a defensive manager has a full back, etc. And if it matters what club he comes through, such as West Ham compared to Crystal Palace and such.

I have an Attacking style and He's a Centre Defender. He's the best out of the youth intake but only a 1 1/2 star PA star rating so its not very good and he plays for Palermo youth who are predicted second for next season

I guess it doesn't then haha. So it's just hit and miss really. What is his birthplace details? Does he take on only your nationality, or has Italian also?

Born in Palermo, Main Nationality is Italian with second being British he speaks Italian with basic English and has me and two others as favoured personel. Other than that he is a regular youth player.

I'd better move out of Germany, I don't want my son to be German (no offence). :p

I had a son on FM08. It was brilliant, he was absolute garbage but I played him here and there and kept him at the club. I also managed in Italy (Juventus) and he had my surname (Ellis), but he was called Angelo!

If it ever happens on FM10 I will definitely use FMRTE to put his CA up, probably to 195 :)

lol basic english

post in bug thread

Not a bug at all. Where I live lots of Western guys marry Cambodian ladies. Where fathers spend time with their kids they pick up both languages. Where the father doesn't see too much of the kid they don't pick up much of his language. We all know football managers are notoriously busy and don't have time for their families.

The possibility of getting a son in your youth squad is in the game and was heavily discussed re. FM09. I'm sure nothing has changed. Be good to the boy but don't be soft on him - take away his pocket money if he behaves like a thug, shows disrespect or puts a horse's head in your bed.

Not a bug at all. Where I live lots of Western guys marry Cambodian ladies. Where fathers spend time with their kids they pick up both languages. Where the father doesn't see too much of the kid they don't pick up much of his language. We all know football managers are notoriously busy and don't have time for their families.

But soccer managers make alot of money. I assume they would at Palermo, If he didnt see enough of his kid, fine, but wouldent you send him to an english language school? or get him a tutor?(Since money is no problem).

Secondly, Managers are busy, but they have lives.

But soccer managers make alot of money. I assume they would at Palermo, If he didnt see enough of his kid, fine, but wouldent you send him to an english language school? or get him a tutor?(Since money is no problem).

Secondly, Managers are busy, but they have lives.

Think we're going into this a little too deeply but anyway...

His son grew up in Italy with a Dad who can speak fluent Italian. There is no reason why he should be able to speak fluent English. He is an Italian who has lived in Italy all of his life.

It's totally the reverse but in real life I know an Italian family who live in England. The father speaks Italian and English but his son, who was born in England, only really speaks English and isn't fluent in Italian. Same principle applies.

C.

Think we're going into this a little too deeply but anyway...

His son grew up in Italy with a Dad who can speak fluent Italian. There is no reason why he should be able to speak fluent English. He is an Italian who has lived in Italy all of his life.

It's totally the reverse but in real life I know an Italian family who live in England. The father speaks Italian and English but his son, who was born in England, only really speaks English and isn't fluent in Italian. Same principle applies.

C.

Naturally, English will always be your native language and the one you feel most comfortable talking to. You also don't want them to have an accent so you would most likely speak to the kid in English.

I find it absolutely ludicrous, English is the lingua franca. It would be absolutely stupid to not give your kid native-exposure(from you or someone else). To have it at "basic" is just plain ******** and if I am lucky enough to have a son in the game I will be editing that straight away.

Naturally, English will always be your native language and the one you feel most comfortable talking to. You also don't want them to have an accent so you would most likely speak to the kid in English.

I know it's a slightly off the wall example but having read a lot about James Joyce's life and time in Italy I can tell you that this isn't necessarily the case. Joyce spoke to his son Giorgio in Italian.

In this FM example, the father speaks fluent Italian plus lives and works in Italy. If he has a son who is growing up in Italy, Italian would have to be his native tongue and it would be his primary language.

Can I ask a question? Do you speak another language fluently?

I find it absolutely ludicrous, English is the lingua franca. It would be absolutely stupid to not give your kid native-exposure(from you or someone else). To have it at "basic" is just plain ******** and if I am lucky enough to have a son in the game I will be editing that straight away.

I don't think it is ludicrous at all. The kid is an Italian. Why would he necessarily have to speak fluent English? He might not be very good at languages or particularly interested in learning English for a start. Many, many people have parents from other countries and don't speak that language. It seems pretty reasonable to me that he speaks basic English really.

If you really feel the need to edit your game then that is up to you of course. It is your game and you are free to play it however you like but I really don't see the big deal here.

Regards,

C.

who says they're a family? what if he got a woman knocked up in a party after winning his first scudetto? she raised his son on her own but let he see his dad from time to time. becasue her family is of sicilian ancestry and is therefor naturally mafia-connected, the dad wouldn't have much to say about it or he'd be whacked.

so, because he only see his dad from time to time he only speaks basic english.

who says they're a family? what if he got a woman knocked up in a party after winning his first scudetto? she raised his son on her own but let he see his dad from time to time. becasue her family is of sicilian ancestry and is therefor naturally mafia-connected, the dad wouldn't have much to say about it or he'd be whacked.

... oh dear!

so, because he only see his dad from time to time he only speaks basic english.

Football Manager meets Sex and the City, Friends and Hollyoaks?

Sons def happened in previous fm's but no confirmation about this one. You used to have to be a manager for 10 years in fm08 i think. You would be on his fav pesonel, and he would be born in a town of a team you managed at some point. Reed an old thread once where a guy was manager of england and won the world cup with his son in the startin line up. His son was of poor quality from what i remember.

= Footballer's Wives

Suuperb!

I hate a son once when I was managing Hacken after about 15 seasons

My names Bremner he was called Markus Bremner, he spoke fluent Swedish and English but they do anyway don't they the Swedes?

He was a GK/ST and puuuuuuuure pish! Seriously he couldn't have got in the Middlesboro Grannies Select 7 a side indoor team!

I know it's a slightly off the wall example but having read a lot about James Joyce's life and time in Italy I can tell you that this isn't necessarily the case. Joyce spoke to his son Giorgio in Italian.

In this FM example, the father speaks fluent Italian plus lives and works in Italy. If he has a son who is growing up in Italy, Italian would have to be his native tongue and it would be his primary language.

Can I ask a question? Do you speak another language fluently?

I don't think it is ludicrous at all. The kid is an Italian. Why would he necessarily have to speak fluent English? He might not be very good at languages or particularly interested in learning English for a start. Many, many people have parents from other countries and don't speak that language. It seems pretty reasonable to me that he speaks basic English really.

If you really feel the need to edit your game then that is up to you of course. It is your game and you are free to play it however you like but I really don't see the big deal here.

Regards,

C.

I have known quite a lot of foreigners who come to live here. I went to school with an Italian family, the father and mother spoke both Italian and English. Only one of the five children (the oldest) spoke Italian fluently. Indeed, the lad my age could only say a few words and count to 20.

Also, many Asian families come to live here and their children speak only English fluently, some speak no Punjab (or whatever language their nationality speaks), some speak basic Punjab, some speak fluent Punjab.

It comes as no shock to me that your 'son' in FM may only speak Italian fluently if that is the country of his birth and where he grew up.

by the time i was ready to retire i probably did.

i did create my son as a new manager when i retired though, and made it so he was born 9 months after my first cl success (which also happened to be the first night i won the league due to the team challenging me losing their game on the same night

Aah the throes of passion, celebrating a big game win for your team ;)

Archived