Why so much moaning?

First off this is not a personal attack on any individual so please lets not make it that way.

I have been reading alot of posts on here and there seems to be so many moans and groans about certain issues regarding the game. Tactics not working, defense not defending, too many long shots, too many penalties, too many missed one on ones, not winning enough even tho im the best, cant get the best out of my players and so on and so on and so on.....

Ok so SI have come out and said there gonna be addressing some of these issues and yet ppl seem too be so impatient that they feel they need to voice there frustrations out again and again and again. Why not just wait till the patches and then see how it goes. Dont get too involved in saves if all you do is find faults in it. Beggars belief that ppl would put themselves thru the emotional pain.

If there is something ppl find difficult or need advice then ask constructively rather than posting a sob story about how the games broken and its the end of the world. Theres many ppl on here who seem only to willing to help but maybe like me they see the title of the post and think ' i cant be bothered with the depressing tale of that' and so dont bother to read and therefore you miss out on some much needed and in most cases very informative advice.

So please for the love of God can we please have some nice posts instead of clogging up the site with nothing but complaints. Have a nice day :)

I should just start by saying I love the game and think it is SI's best work in a long time, however if the issues that people were talking about did exist then patch or not people would be entitled to voice their disapproval in the correct way as everybody who has purchased the game is entitled to expect to get their moneys worth from the moment they chose to part with that money.

Having said that alot of the faults that people are mentioning are down to tactics. I know they hate to hear it but it is the truth. penalties are mostly avoidable by not using argressive tacking against top class pacy players, long shots are a fault but can be countered by setting up a decent anchor/defensive midfielder and comebacks are avoidable by adopting a conservative approach for periods of the game before if you like switching back to normal tactics to confuse the AI with a sudden change in tempo.

The key that i've found to this game is that attacking football takes you so far, but caution is very nessesary for periods of time. Basically it helps to have at least 3 varieties of each of your favourite formations, with control, all out attack and basic attack being the types of scenarios that need to be in mind when designing them.

Brilliantly said, Couldn't of done better myself. :thup: One wise man once said...

"A new day comes, thus followed by a whole new page of complaints on the General Discussion thread"

(I am the wise man, true story.)

"A new day comes, thus followed by a whole new page of complaints on the General Discussion thread"

Very Very true this. I've been away from the forums for about 5 months (I fell out of love for the game) and it seems as though we're right back where we were when 09 came out.

Complaints about the match engine are what really get me 09's was bad until the 3rd patch but i'd say this year's is at the level of the ME on 09 after the 3rd patch for it.

So all i'm gonna say is Well done SI you all deserve a big :thup:

Yes i can fully understand that at first ppl would moan but when theres loads of posts about the same thing and the same thing that has been mentioned about getting sorted then it just seems pointless to keep moaning as if its not been heard before. I much prefer if theres informative threads rather than tedius amounts of complaints about same things. Why not keep them in 1 thread instead of making more?

Yes i can fully understand that at first ppl would moan but when theres loads of posts about the same thing and the same thing that has been mentioned about getting sorted then it just seems pointless to keep moaning as if its not been heard before. I much prefer if theres informative threads rather than tedius amounts of complaints about same things. Why not keep them in 1 thread instead of making more?

Perhaps that just goes to show how big the issues in the game are.

To be honest, the worst part of FM is the people (some not all) who post on the forums. As the above post says, people complaining about complainers, then taking it absolutely personally and aggressively abusing people who do not agree with their views.

Really?

I find the bugs more annoying.

I can avoid the forums if I choose, but I can't can't avoid the bugs (well unless I don't play FM).

I honestly don't really see many bugs with FM2010, but I have only played one season. The ones that annoy me, SI said they will fix. In a way I love bugs, as my brother gave me FM cause he got fed up with it. :D I could avoid the forums too, but its always fun to read up on things and then you see people raging at eachother and not being very civil.

Really?

I find the bugs more annoying.

I can avoid the forums if I choose, but I can't can't avoid the bugs (well unless I don't play FM).

You answered yourself there.

Bugs have been mentioned over and over again and SI have said they are trying to fix them, but they won't release a fix here and there for each individual bug. They will do as they have always done and give them all in a patch. You just need to be patient.

I have taken nothing personally at all and i resent the fact you have tried to say that i have in some way been agressive and abused anyone. I was just getting my view across that theres far too many threads regarding the same issues and in alot of cases the same issues that are indeed being looked into. So please dont try to make me out like a bully on here as i am always keen to see other ppl's opinions, even yours

You answered yourself there.

Bugs have been mentioned over and over again and SI have said they are trying to fix them, but they won't release a fix here and there for each individual bug. They will do as they have always done and give them all in a patch. You just need to be patient.

So the strategy is:

Release buggy game take customers money

Customers not happy with game.

Rush patch to fix critical bugs.

Take a long time to fix bugs.

So the strategy is:

All software has bugs when it is released. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

People complain if SI gave them boxes of free money

Why not.

See above

I don't like having to download new patches every week to fix minor issuse I might not have had an issue with.

All software has bugs when it is released. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

Did "Hello World" have bugs?

People complain if SI gave them boxes of free money

Irrelevant. And your reasoning?

Why not.

Critical bugs on release.?

See above
I don't like having to download new patches every week to fix minor issuse I might not have had an issue with.

Minor issues. Yes crashing is a minor issue.

So the strategy is:

You're so far away from the truth its almost funny.... Do you realise how long it woud take to provide a completely bug-free game?? If we were getting a "perfect" release, then the game released this year would not have been fm10 but more like 07, or possibly even older. Its not as simmple as "oh there's a bug here, change this bit of code, job done" every little change affects sometimes thousands of other lines of code in the game. change one and you have to test and re-test all the other parts of the game to make sure you havent messed them up.

Think of each change as a ripple on water after you drop a stone in. Theres only one stone, but loads n loads of ripples, and they spread far and wide. There's simply no time to test absolutely everything in the game, so its almost certain there will be issues with each release.

Instead of slating SI and whining about it, why not be constructive? Or at the very least, be thankful they even bother to release patches. I have a high-selling game on bxox 360 that has a blatant bug in it where it crashes when you get into lifts between levels. The company's answer to this on their forums? Save before you get in a lift, we will NOT release a patch.

You're so far away from the truth its almost funny.... Do you realise how long it woud take to provide a completely bug-free game?? If we were getting a "perfect" release, then the game released this year would not have been fm10 but more like 07, or possibly even older. Its not as simmple as "oh there's a bug here, change this bit of code, job done" every little change affects sometimes thousands of other lines of code in the game. change one and you have to test and re-test all the other parts of the game to make sure you havent messed them up.

Think of each change as a ripple on water after you drop a stone in. Theres only one stone, but loads n loads of ripples, and they spread far and wide. There's simply no time to test absolutely everything in the game, so its almost certain there will be issues with each release.

Instead of slating SI and whining about it, why not be constructive? Or at the very least, be thankful they even bother to release patches. I have a high-selling game on bxox 360 that has a blatant bug in it where it crashes when you get into lifts between levels. The company's answer to this on their forums? Save before you get in a lift, we will NOT release a patch.

You missed the point.

Archived