"allow transferbudget first window"

When you start a new game, you can choose this option.. and i thought it was the same for ALL the clubs, in other words, no club would be able to buy players the first window, and in choosing this all the clubs would start the campain with real-life squads...

but i just startet a game using this option, and realise that it's only my own club who can't buy players?? is this some bug or is it supposed to be like this? i think in previous years it regarded ALL the clubs?

As Kain says, if it were intended to only affect the player's club then the option would be redundant. I'm absolutely certain that this particular option is meant to apply to every club and that there's been a pretty big screw up with implimenting that.

Yeah, I wanted it like 09 so Chelsea really couldn't buy anyone till 2011. Please patch this SI.

Its realistic Chelski could buy players in the 09 summer window. The ban comes into place in the January window reflecting real life.

No it is only your club that is affected.

Well that's a load of rubbish then, it's an option you would select to do as the OP said. There's little point in an option like that if it's only to make your own game much more difficult.

It was for all clubs, are they buying players on free transfers or actually paying for them?

For me it looks like he ment that other clubs are buying players, not just picking players on free transfers. It would be nice if bobani17 can confirme this.

I have just started a new game with the transfer window option unticked. That is to say that, my club does not have any cash [we usually have around £7million] for transfers until the January window. It does not stop me from signing "free" or loan players. Also, I am of the understanding that this embargo would apply only to my club. The rest of the FM'10 football world would carry on as normal. I am assuming that it is a way of self imposing a more difficult game upon yourself, at the same time, allowing you to take control of a top, rich club, without making it a little too easy. For instance, taking comtrol of Manchester Utd without any transfer funds would make the game somewhat harder. Perhaps a definitive answer might be forthcoming from SI or wwfan etc. Kind regards.

It should be for all clubs.

I know if you use this option and then start the game after the winter transfer has ened, it only effects your club and not the AI's clubs in the summer transfer window (1st July to 31st August).

I think it works so that the clubs have no transfer buget at the start, but the board might give the team more budget soon after the start (if they have a lot of money lying around).

I started a game like this and after a couple of months my board gave me a transfer budget of 20M €.

Archived