3 Brothers, both cannot play on Steam

I think this is the right forum.

Right well after FM 2009's Steam realeased I was really happy as it meant me and my 3 brothers could play FM on 3 seperate PC's.

Well with this years version we have a slight problem, 2 do not live at home and I do, however when my brothers that do not live at home try to log onto Steam, (and say the other brother is logged in), then this years Steam does not allow for both the brothers to log in. I am fine as I use the disc.

However my other two brothers have a problem and as when one is logged in and playing the other can't:(.

Is there any way to overcome this problem?

Can we contact Steam and ask for permission or something?

Yes.

Last years one allowed all 3 of us to play it. And I am just wondering why cant this one?

I bought one car - why cant my wife and I both drive it to two different places at the same time?

I dont believe you are seriously asking this question.

I bought one car - why cant my wife and I both drive it to two different places at the same time?

I dont believe you are seriously asking this question.

I don't think that you understand me I am afraid.

LAST years Football Manager allowed ONE copy of Football Manager to be used by 3 DIFFERENT users.

I was just WONDERING why this years one does not allow the same thing. Has the privacy policy changed or something?

I completely understand - you must have found some sort of loop hole last year.

What you have said could be considered piracy (installing via steam on one pc and playing via the disk on another at the same time) This is no different to buying a CD, making 2 copies and giving them to your brothers - this is actually ILLEGAL.

Of course Steam will not allow 2 people to be logged into the same account and play the same game - if it worked before it SHOULDNT have.

I completely understand - you must have found some sort of loop hole last year.

What you have said could be considered piracy (installing via steam on one pc and playing via the disk on another at the same time) This is no different to buying a CD, making 2 copies and giving them to your brothers - this is actually ILLEGAL.

Of course Steam will not allow 2 people to be logged into the same account and play the same game - if it worked before it SHOULDNT have.

Oh yeah, last year they adversited the fact that through Steam FM could be played on up to 5 different computers. Forgive me if I am wrong, however I read it on here somewhere, might have even been off the Steam website.

I found no loop hole because I did not intend to find any loop holes and what I was doing was nothing illegal as Steam said that the game could be played by upto 5 different users.

Cockney Hammer:

My point exactly. Why can I not do that with this version?

This year it can be installed on as many PCs as you want - you can actually only play it on ONE pc at a time tho.

Seriously - I dont believe you dont understand this. What you are describing is no different to copying DVDs/ CDs or scanning novels etc. You might as well pirate the game from a torrent site.

Oh yeah, last year they adversited the fact that through Steam FM could be played on up to 5 different computers. Forgive me if I am wrong, however I read it on here somewhere, might have even been off the Steam website.

I found no loop hole because I did not intend to find any loop holes and what I was doing was nothing illegal as Steam said that the game could be played by upto 5 different users.

No - what it said was it could only be authorised on 5 pcs - you couldnt add a new pc without removing an old one - this did not mean you could install it and then give it to your mates and let them play as well - evidentally you have shown that this was possible - but still - not legal.

This year it can be installed on as many PCs as you want - you can actually only play it on ONE pc at a time tho.

Seriously - I dont believe you dont understand this. What you are describing is no different to copying DVDs/ CDs or scanning novels etc. You might as well pirate the game from a torrent site.

Are you on some sort of **** take now??

LAST YEAR, upto 5 DIFFERENT USERS could run and play FM through ONE ACCOUNT at the SAME TIME, without any problems.

How on earth did you come to the conclusion that what I am describing is like copying DVD's?? LAST year even on the STEAM website it said 5 different people can play FM at the same time.

No - what it said was it could only be authorised on 5 pcs - you couldnt add a new pc without removing an old one - this did not mean you could install it and then give it to your mates and let them play as well - evidentally you have shown that this was possible - but still - not legal.

I authorsied and played it on 3 different PC's, I thought that you could install and play with the other users playing at the same time, thats what happened last year with me.

LAST YEAR, upto 5 DIFFERENT USERS could run and play FM through ONE ACCOUNT at the SAME TIME, without any problems.

How on earth did you come to the conclusion that what I am describing is like copying DVD's?? LAST year even on the STEAM website it said 5 different people can play FM at the same time.

This year you can't play on different computers at the same time i'm afraid. When you did play last year that was probably illegal, your best bet is to all play on 1 computer or buy a game each and play on different computers.

you can never be on steam on more than 1 pc at the same time, I've used it to play several games for years and whenever my brother has logged on to my account on the laptop/elsewhere it logs me straight out.

The long and short of it is this: you can't play it in more than 1 location at the same time using steam.

I assume the difference is that this year, Steam's DRM is used whereas it wasn't on FM09.

When you buy the game you buy a license for yourself, no one else.

Wow this is so cool, why can't this happen every year? Extra content should be available on Steam so people are tempted to register on there, thus enabling a more protected product.

Right - this is an example of a thread from last year

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=87573&highlight=activations

The important quote - You can install the game on 5 different machines but sharing the licesnse with your brother is against the terms of the eula.

The 5 activations were for PERSONAL use only - im not being a ***** - just pointing out that you were flagrantly breaking the eula last year and are now wondering why you cant do something that is techically illegal again this year.

I think you should be banned for breaking the EULA.

Look at it from a realistic view I own 50% of the game so therefore it is not illegal. We have done it this way so that we both get to play the game. We have saved ourselves some money by going halves, a business venture in which we both profit from. It is not I have not paid for the game SI still get my money.

im sorry - has the entire world gone mad?

The fact that you own 50% of the game does not give you the right to both play it whenever you want - imagine that you couldnt do the miraculous double install and for either of you to play it the disk needed to be in the drive - now how would that work - you could only play when you had the disk - whereas now, you can both play whenever you want - just as if you both own 100% of the game.

Look at it from a realistic view I own 50% of the game so therefore it is not illegal. We have done it this way so that we both get to play the game. We have saved ourselves some money by going halves, a business venture in which we both profit from. It is not I have not paid for the game SI still get my money.

Its pretty silly trying to defend something that you know is wrong. What is even sillier is admitting it on the games own forums!

I'm sure everyone knows this happens, and may well have done it themselves (I used to get copies of Amiga games on floppy discs for example) but don't go round trying to justify it.

a business venture in which we both profit from. It is not I have not paid for the game SI still get my money.

And a 'business venture' that SI do not profit from.

One of you has not paid for the game - one of you is using an illegal copy - how do you not understand that - its like buying one train ticket and passing it to the other person before the ticket inspector gets to you.

Your still breaking a rule or can't you understand/read English?

Its pretty silly trying to defend something that you know is wrong. What is even sillier is admitting it on the games own forums!

I'm sure everyone knows this happens, and may well have done it themselves (I used to get copies of Amiga games on floppy discs for example) but don't go round trying to justify it.

I've reported his posts, hopefully he gets the full ban.Why should I pay a full price for a copy of the game and let others not?

Archived