How many goals from corners have you scored in the demo?

I've noticed the frequency of goals scored from corners has ben reduced in FM2010. Which is a good thing, after the corner bug that plagued the last 2 versions.

So, how many goals from corners have you scored in the demo? I'm interesed with which players you scored and what instructions you used for them.

None I think, but then again I haven't really bothered touching set piece setup in the demo yet.

Only really issue I had with the demo. 80% of corners seem to go straight into the keeper's hands (AI and player alike.)

Yeah, that. Especially when hitting with the opposite foot.

I've noticed the frequency of goals scored from corners has ben reduced in FM2010. Which is a good thing, after the corner bug that plagued the last 2 versions.

So, how many goals from corners have you scored in the demo? I'm interesed with which players you scored and what instructions you used for them.[/quote

2 my tm headed one in and for the other was a bit of a goal mouth scramble thet the dc stuck in

I think in this version, options like "challenge goalkeeper" or "near post flick on" will not gonna get you lots of goals from corners. From what I've seen in my save, checking the others game, all the goals from corners were scored with the player sprinting and making room for himself behind the defenders coming and heading the ball. I'm gonna try "attack ball from deep" or "attack far post" moves right now.

I've only scored one in about 15 matches, again by the ball dropping to my player's feet.

Suspect this is too low. I have scored no FKs (direct or indirect) and 1-2 pens. I have three corner takers with 16+ and two FK takers with 18....

Apparently over the last four seasons the % of set-piece goals has never been lower than 30% in the Prem and this season it's about 40% http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/sep/18/premier-league-set-piece-goals. So, SI, please look at this!

OP, only around 2 i think. Cant be 100% sure though.

Does anybody know if the corner exploit is still in the game or if its been toned down?

The problems that caused the corner exploit (basically goalkeepers standing around and letting 90% of corners fly just past them) are still in the game. However, now most goals are scored by players on the back post instead.

OP: I've scored about 4 in 10 games, but I concede an awful lot.

Archived