Huge stadium

lee89

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

Im Man Utd in my 7th season now and for the last four seasons i have had my stadium capacity increased. It is now up to 99000.

Anyone experienced anything like this?

What the poop, thats impressive.

Westfalenstadion (sorry, Signal Iduna Park, bleh) starts out at 80k - I got a 27k expansion (no I couldn't believe it either - especially when you hear people on here moanig about their measly 2-3k expansions).

It is the biggest stadium in Germany.

I know a few years ago Dortmund actually had the biggest average attendance in Europe, no idea if that is still true or not.

At a point in the 03/04 season, the Bundesliga had the highest average attendance in Europe beating the EPL into second, with Dortmund playing a major part in that but I don't know if they had the biggest average in Europe.

Westfalenstadion (sorry, Signal Iduna Park, bleh) starts out at 80k - I got a 27k expansion (no I couldn't believe it either - especially when you hear people on here moanig about their measly 2-3k expansions).

It is the biggest stadium in Germany.

Are you filling it out?

Not sure I understand the point of this thread. There are a few stadiums irl that have a capacity of 100,000 or above so it is conceivable that Old trafford could go to 100,000 or more before a new stadium is required.

Just in case anyone is curious the real life stadiums I found with a capacity of 100,000 or more are

Rungrado May Day Stadium in North Korea (150,000) which is the largest in the world.

Salt lake Stadium in India (120,000)

Azteca in Mexico (105,000)

Azadi Stadium in Iran (100,000)

Bukit Jalil National Stadium Malaysia (100,000)

Rungrado May Day Stadium in North Korea (150,000) which is the largest in the world.

QUOTE]

Has anyone ever actually seen that stadium? I doubt it actually exists.

On Premier Manager 99 you could expand your stadium by 5,000 each season. My Man Utd stadium eventually reached 200,000 capacity :D

QUOTE]

Has anyone ever actually seen that stadium? I doubt it actually exists.

it does exisit and has lovely things like this happening in it

At the end of the 1990s, a number of North Korean army generals implicated in an assassination attempt on Kim Jong-il were executed by being burned alive in the stadium.

it does exisit and has lovely things like this happening in it

At the end of the 1990s, a number of North Korean army generals implicated in an assassination attempt on Kim Jong-il were executed by being burned alive in the stadium.

How lovely! :D

I know a few years ago Dortmund actually had the biggest average attendance in Europe, no idea if that is still true or not.

Borussia Dortmund has the second highest average attendance (~78.000), Real (~79.000) is number 1.

At a point in the 03/04 season, the Bundesliga had the highest average attendance in Europe beating the EPL into second, with Dortmund playing a major part in that but I don't know if they had the biggest average in Europe.

Dortmund had the highest average attendance and is today n°2 (see above) and the Bundesliga still has the highest average attendance worldwide.

Bundesliga ~ 42.000

PL ~ 32.000

PD ~ 28.000

Serie A 23.000

Ligue 1 ~ 19.000

2. Bundesliga ~ 16.000

And here is something from the interview with Miles considering stadiums in FM10:

Gamerzines: ''Stadium expansion always seems to be a contentious issue with fans, has the system changed at all in FM2010?''

Miles: ''There have been lots of improvement to the module, and, as always, we are sticking with realism. Expansions are expensive in real life, and not always possible due to council restrictions, and we go as far in the game as to try to model that.''

So here take a look at that interview if you're interested > http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/news/fm2010-interview-part-1.html

There are three parts of interview, and also additions about SI having the most scouts and 700 new features waiting in the SI's feature DB, which some of the features are already going to be in FM11. It's interesting, so take a look. ;)

And here is something from the interview with Miles considering stadiums in FM10:

Gamerzines: ''Stadium expansion always seems to be a contentious issue with fans, has the system changed at all in FM2010?''

Miles: ''There have been lots of improvement to the module, and, as always, we are sticking with realism. Expansions are expensive in real life, and not always possible due to council restrictions, and we go as far in the game as to try to model that.''

So here take a look at that interview if you're interested > http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/news/fm2010-interview-part-1.html

There are three parts of interview, and also additions about SI having the most scouts and 700 new features waiting in the SI's feature DB, which some of the features are already going to be in FM11. It's interesting, so take a look. ;)

Cheers Fabio! :)

130700+ or something on mine for Triestina. Despite it being completed halfway through the season I recuperated 50% of the cost by the end of it! And the council blocked another expansion this season. :( Looks like I'll be building a new stadium in a couple of years - hopefully not named after a player on the team's favoured list who had one good game against my rivals and vanished into mid-table mediocrity in Spain.

I've got a stadium of over 130k on my long-term Wolves save iirc. :D

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=137344

Reminds me of my 133k stadium I had with Braintree on FM06 :cool:

I'm hoping I might get something similar with Dartford, they built a new stadium eight years ago but the capacity has been blocked at 65000, which I'm selling out every match. I also have £550m in the bank which should help us out.

they don't seat..that's why i'm asking for expansion..for two years i've got all soldouts or near..won everything i can won (serie a,champions league.league cup,world cup for clubs,supercups,the grandfather trophy and whatever you can suggest),i've got an open straight run of more than 125 wins in serie a..and my board says that an expansion is not necessary..so i went to the fmrte,and saw that my average attendance is 66k..

so i don't know what to think..

Reminds me of my 133k stadium I had with Braintree on FM06 :cool:

I'm hoping I might get something similar with Dartford, they built a new stadium eight years ago but the capacity has been blocked at 65000, which I'm selling out every match. I also have £550m in the bank which should help us out.

Sounds good. But with Miles saying in a recent interview that stadium expansions need to reflect real life and the same for moving stadiums. It seems that getting a massive stadium is much harder than in previous versions of FM and he said that they are very expensive, but £550m will help!!!

yeah,but why i cant have the new stadium,or the expansion?

From what you have said I would have thought that you'd be a prime candidate for one or the other. The bigger attendance than the capacity is very strange.....maybe change the average attendane to what it should be and then wait and see what your board say.

you wont get a new a stadium until the debt is cleared. the debt is cleared in 2035, if you are filling your current stadium and have a couple of hundred million in the bank you will get one. i got a new stadium at real madrid when we had 200,000,000, no debt and selling out the bernabeu so i assume its similar for all clubs.

Borussia Dortmund has the second highest average attendance (~78.000), Real (~79.000) is number 1.

Dortmund had the highest average attendance and is today n°2 (see above) and the Bundesliga still has the highest average attendance worldwide.

Bundesliga ~ 42.000

PL ~ 32.000

PD ~ 28.000

Serie A 23.000

Ligue 1 ~ 19.000

2. Bundesliga ~ 16.000

Sorry - thats wrong now :)

Championship has a higher average attendance at 17,500...

Archived