What's your best ever Cup Competition Comeback?

Just played the second leg of a Carling Cup Semi Final in my second season. My Hammers got beat away in the first leg and lost 3-0 and looked a tired outfit. Not sure what I did or said in the second leg but just beat Chelsea 6-0 to get to the Final. Gawd only knows what my neighbours must be thinking with me jumping around!!! How embarrassing it's only a game!! But FM doesn't half grab you at times..

What's anyone elses best when you thought you had no chance?

Just played the second leg of a Carling Cup Semi Final in my second season. My Hammers got beat away in the first leg and lost 3-0 and looked a tired outfit. Not sure what I did or said in the second leg but just beat Chelsea 6-0 to get to the Final. Gawd only knows what my neighbours must be thinking with me jumping around!!! How embarrassing it's only a game!! But FM doesn't half grab you at times..

What's anyone elses best when you thought you had no chance?

In one season in the Champions League, I was Man United and in the quarter final against Liverpool. We lost the 1st leg 2-0 at Anfield. In the return we grabbed an early goal but could not get the 2nd until the last minute and then we got a 3rd in extra time to win 3-2 on aggregate. In the semi-final then we were 4-0 down away to Inter Milan at the San Siro and Cristiano Ronaldo managed to grab a late away goal from the penalty spot. We won the return 3-0 to go through on away goals. I think this was on FM08.

I was just on the receiving end of a comeback. :(

Playing the 2025 CL Final with my beloved Spurs against AC Milan, I had 2 players (!!??!) sent off in the first half by a crazy referee. Miraculously I then took a 2-0 lead early in the 2nd half when my brilliant lone striker destroyed the Milan defence single-handedly with a brace of fantastic individual goals. I was cruising to victory... Or so I thought, only to be hit by goals in the 88th, 90th and 90+3 minutes to lose 3-2. Made United in 1999 look average. I wasn't amused and I'm still not over it.

On my Napoli save in the first season I got to the semi-finals and was against AC Milan. I was away first leg and got dominated but managed to sneak a late away goal to lose 4-1. Then in the second leg I was at home and ended up beating them 4-0 somehow. I have no idea why we were so good that day. We then went on to beat Fiorentina in the final and won the cup.

Portsmouth vs Betis CM03/04

UEFA Cup last 32, the only 2-legged cup comeback I have pulled off on a manager game.

I was Portsmouth,

First leg at Fratton Park I lost 3-0.

Second leg I had to hammer one of the best teams in Spain. After 22 minutes the scoreline is 2-2 then I was thinking I am going out of the competition. Then in the last hour of the game we hit 3 goals and the game ended up 5-2 to Pompey. We somehow won the tie on away goals rule. Unfortunately we were knocked out in the next round.

93rd minute of the Champions league final against Real Madrid (I am Rangers). Last minute corner and Kris Boyd heads the equaliser in. While I am still jumping around the room they kick off and Fleck steals the ball straight back and threads a great ball through for Boyd to hammer the winner home from 25 yds.

Might not be the biggest comeback ever but best I've ever felt playing FM

well i didn't progress in the spanish cup but with real oviedo, who were newly promoted to the second spanish division, i came from behind against sevilla in the first leg to win 3-1. Unfortunately they smashed us in the second leg but that was such a great feeling just to comeback and win in that game against much stronger opposition.

I was managing Barca and I went into the European Champions League Qtrs against Juventus. We had Eto'o, Messi, and Puyol injured and lost 3-1 at home. In two weeks time all 3 were fit again and we went to Italy and won 3-0. Took us until the 90+2 mins to get the 3rd but it was a good comeback.

I got some few great comebacks... played a friend in a old CM, dont remember what version, but 01 or something. I was Milan, he was Juventus. he went 1-0 up, I changed tactics at halftime and won 6-1 :p not that of a great comback tho:p

anyway played Juventus in 2011 of FM09 in my last game, lost 2-1 away to barcelona in CL semifinals, not to bad of a result really. next match and they was 2-0 up before 30mins was played, so I had to take some chances and changed to my ultra attacking formation, I scored 2-1 before HT, after HT i score 2 more fast goals and was 3-2 up, but the then they changed tacctics and they outplayed be so again changed to a more balanced tacctic, and in the 88th min I put on Bojan who I bought from Barca, and in the 96th min he scored the goal that sent his old club out and me through to the final. And it was only 4min added on, so I was dancing, jumping and everything.

Cant remember me beeing that happy for a goal in ages, and ofc I went on to beat Arsenal in the final:D

wba.th.png

No idea how this happened. I thought I was in for an easy ride even though I lost the first leg, but being a goal and two red cards down in the 54th minute I thought the match was well over. By full time I made 3 substitutes purely to rest a few players for the next game, but then, out of nowhere Dzagoev rifled in a ball into the net from 30 yards out. Several minutes later, Fleck dribbled past 3 defenders and knocked home for 2-1 to send the game into extra time.

Six minutes in, McCarthy hobbles of the pitch. Having used all my substitutes that left me with 8 men on the pitch, praying to make it to the penalties. And then, again, Dzagoev with one of his trademark long range screamers, sending the fans into raptures, and my jaw to the floor.

It may only be the UEFA cup, but I don't think it gets any better than this :) The true price was paid after the match though, I think I had about 5 players injured...

With League 1 Cambridge I drew Arsenal in the 5th round of the FA Cup. 3-0 down to goals from Eduardo, Walcott and Randall, we scored a fantastic goal from regen Jose (tipped by Deportivo as the next Xavi before they let him move on a free transfer :confused:) just before half time gave us a sniff. Went all out attack as a laugh second half and dominated the game, eventually scoring with Billy Sharp and Chris Dickson, who should have won it for us late on.

Lost the second leg 6-3 having been 4-0 down, but even when I won the league I don't think I had a team with the same attacking flair as this one.

Untitled.jpg

10 mins to go in the champions league final. Juventus's players are already celebrating, They just put another one past my keeper. he's sat on the rain sodden turf, head in hands. we're 3-0 down. Our fans stand soaked and dejected. Juventus's fans are singing and dancing. They can taste success. A stunning 3 minute hat trick from my star striker turns the game on its head. Suddenly it's our fans jumping in the stands. Extra time comes. My team is in the ascendency. A brilliant through ball in the 101st min splits Juventus's tired defence. Their keeper rushing out, but then stands and watches, helpless, horror in his face as the ball floats over his head, momentarily lost in the blinding flash from the floodlights. it drops onto the line and nestles in the back of the net. My fans erupt. My players rejoice. My computer crashes and i go make a cup of tea.

Archived