A new patch???

It seems that a new patch has not been planned, but does anyone know thats the truth?

In my opinion theres a lot to do with this game before it´s worth the price, theres still bugs that has to be fixed, and if a third patch wont be made, I think it´s directly insane, and at least the last time I have bought this game indeed.

Originally posted by Jones24:

It seems that a new patch has not been planned, but does anyone know thats the truth?

In my opinion theres a lot to do with this game before it´s worth the price, theres still bugs that has to be fixed, and if a third patch wont be made, I think it´s directly insane, and at least the last time I have bought this game indeed.

18 quid for the best game on the market, the longest life span game on the planet, and the most addictive simulator in the world and immense detail. And two patches to aid the cause ?

Yes of course its not worth the price!

There wont be any more Patches. Its the end of the 2007-2008 season, and the game was for 2007-2008.

If its the last time you spend the money on the game then i suppose this is goodbye.

Not worth the price, haha still laughing icon_biggrin.gif

SI should stop releasing new game every year imo. Why not take a year out and just release an update in october. Get FM09/10 ready and perfect for us to go on. I don't get the chance to go on FM that often but it seems every time i get into it and im doing well SI release a new version. I could just carry on but i hate playing game's that don't include new rules etc.....

Guest roberto922
Originally posted by SWFC:

SI should stop releasing new game every year imo. Why not take a year out and just release an update in october. Get FM09/10 ready and perfect for us to go on. I don't get the chance to go on FM that often but it seems every time i get into it and im doing well SI release a new version. I could just carry on but i hate playing game's that don't include new rules etc.....

icon_mad.gif NO! Slap your wrists and wash your mouth immediately, I love having a game that I know is updated annually and is consistently brilliant. Don't have FM 09, pah I'm still laughing icon_razz.gif

And SI will get the money required to spend a year and a half developing it how?

spending more time developing a product doesn't necessarily make it less faultless. Developers get a lot more useful feedbacks when their product is out there in the market, than sitting in the studio.

Personally i like to have a new game every year. £20 for a year of entertainment is insanely cheap and if people still think this is poor value than i would dread to think what their view on other games in the market.

I hope it's the truth because i'd be wondering about any company that focuses on a previous game with only a few months to go before their next release. As for it being worth it's price, it's currently £10 in Sainsbury's, there are far worse games costing far far more and most of the "bugs" you can live with. If you're so infuriated and won't buy it again, why not abstain completely and forward a letter of complaint to the retailer rather than post on a forum?

PS I'm not being cheeky, but I just don't see the point in saying you won't buy it again on a forum, perhaps if you gave valid reasons you would get a response.

That's right, because lots of companies would be willing to go a full year without any meaningful release and so missing out on a considerable amount of revenue. I hear the staff are willing to work for free.

Very few games like this ever make it to a perfection stage, they are incredible hard to iron out all the issues. other games that have this problem are such as the Total Wars series.

Immensely popular but they have there fair share of problems post release!

Its to be expected.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jones24:

I hope it's the truth because i'd be wondering about any company that focuses on a previous game with only a few months to go before their next release. As for it being worth it's price, it's currently £10 in Sainsbury's, there are far worse games costing far far more and most of the "bugs" you can live with. If you're so infuriated and won't buy it again, why not abstain completely and forward a letter of complaint to the retailer rather than post on a forum?

PS I'm not being cheeky, but I just don't see the point in saying you won't buy it again on a forum, perhaps if you gave valid reasons you would get a response. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see your point, but the problem is that I truly mean that the reasons I have allready given is valid. If the bugs left in the game was fx a bug where you couldn´t read some text on a screen, or the commentary was a ltile wrong a couple of times I wouldn´t care. But this isn´t the fact, the bugs left in the game is much too big issues in my opinion, and I´m angry about it because I have bought the game, and I´m disapointed because I think this version has made a huge step backwards. I like to play in the Spanish league but when there´s problems with the registration this is not an oportunity for me, The AI with players who looses stats much too fast is a big problem in my opinion etc., thats why I complain, and I think I have the right to do that, theese bugs is possible to correct, SI has just chosen not to do so!

´corner bug must be fixed

and that onyl tactics with arrows all over the field and defenders running up to midfield must stop.

a normal 4-3-3 or 5-3-2 should also work sometimes with right players and tweakings for crossings mentality and passing modding

I see your point, but the problem is that I truly mean that the reasons I have allready given is valid. If the bugs left in the game was fx a bug where you couldn´t read some text on a screen, or the commentary was a ltile wrong a couple of times I wouldn´t care. But this isn´t the fact, the bugs left in the game is much too big issues in my opinion, and I´m angry about it because I have bought the game, and I´m disapointed because I think this version has made a huge step backwards. I like to play in the Spanish league but when there´s problems with the registration this is not an oportunity for me, The AI with players who looses stats much too fast is a big problem in my opinion etc., thats why I complain, and I think I have the right to do that, theese bugs is possible to correct, SI has just chosen not to do so!

The two bugs you have raised aren't issues IMO, and definately not issues that would warrant an 8.0.3 or stop me from buying the game.

The Spanish registration bug was fixed with 8.0.2 so if you're still having it perhaps you aren't patched up and the patch you talk about is actually available. As for AI players loosing stats, I assume you mean as they get older, this is an issue in a sense, but I think people take too much notice of these forums sometimes. The players loose attributes such as pace etc, but you are capable ofplaying them well into their 30's, I had Mexes and Milito both playing realtively well at 35, if I had listened to these forums I would have sold them at 31, there is no need to do that.

Yes you do have the right to complain, and yes the bugs are easily corrected, and they have been corrected. There are only two major bugs atm with FM the confidence and corner bug. The corner bug is easily avoided and the confidence bug is 9 times out of 10 avoidable. I don't think that warrants the work needed to create an 8.0.3 rather than putting more effort into FM09.

if you want to finance it then great.

whut about worthless youth players?

game is not fun after 5-8 years couse bojan is still the best young player around...

16 year old defenders with pace 2 jumping 2 and tackling 14 and corners 15 , talk about serius flaw in engine.

Originally posted by kennec:

whut about worthless youth players?

game is not fun after 5-8 years couse bojan is still the best young player around...

16 year old defenders with pace 2 jumping 2 and tackling 14 and corners 15 , talk about serius flaw in engine.

I find youth players are fine until you get around 20 years in. Probably not as many "superstars" as there should be, but I'm in 2018 now and after struggling when I first joined last season, I'm walking Serie A.

Originally posted by Klimowicz:

there are many issues still in fm08, but wait it out till fm09 in october. then we'll have a new game full of new issues that need fixing.

i just hope they get the skin right next time...

Who cares? Just download another one.

Archived