Feeder Clubs

What Type Of Feeder Club Should I Ask For?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What Type Of Feeder Club Should I Ask For?

• National Loan/First Option
    • Work Permit
    • Commercial Link
    • International Loan/First Option

I'd go for commercial, the Polish club you have already will do for work permits won't it?

i suppose so, i also like the fact it takes 2 years less to gain Polish nationality, this way if i get a young brazillian whos not good enough for Brazil, i can turn him into a Polish international star!

Go commercial :thup:

I can never seem to get an International Link when I select this option :confused: - the board always comes back saying they are unable to find a suitable club. Yet if I choose any, they always seem to find an overseas team, but never from one of the big footballing countries (Italy, Spain etc).

Commercial Clubs: there's far too many myths about what Commercial clubs do for you. They merely increase the multiplication on merchandise sales during transfer signings, thats all. They don't give you massive benefits if you don't sign anyone. They only help when you actively sign players and even then only medium-high rep players. They won't give you financial benefits from touring the US or Japan or China and signing US players etc won't bring you benefits.

More over, a club with a reputation like Stoke or similar will never get a Commercial Club, they're reserverd for Continental/World-Wide reputation clubs. So you'll effectively waste the opportunity asking for something that the board won't find.

Ideally, i'd go for an International Link and you might strike lucky and pickup a club from Serie B, Liga Adelante or Ligue 2 which your youngsters can get some great playing time.

what is everyones view on keeping as many young players homegrown as possible to qualify for the european quota of 4 and 8?

i tend to send them when they are under 21 to english feeder clubs, even if i'm in the premiership and i have only got a league 1 feeder. obviously if you buy them at 20 from aborad and want to give them some experience then you can send them abroad again, but when u get them at <17, i tend to keep them or loan only to english clubs.

Of course it depends on the level of league. If you are managing in a low league and can't send scouts abroad, you dont need work permits. At the top level I would prioritize work-permit feeder first because I like to nurture youth. Then I would go for commercial links.

i chose national and got Eastbourne Borough, was good for my youngsters, but just couldnt help prevent their relegation

now i have the chance to choose my club, who should i go for?

Before you choose a club, analyse it's training facilities and youth academy and make sure theres a fair divide in reputation between parent and feeder! :)

Your club will reject a club you choose if it doesn't feel it will be of benefit, usually taken to mean they won't be of use for youngsters (facilities and academy aren't good enough). They'll also reject the linkup if the reputations are too similar.

Hopefully this will avoid you wasting time chasing clubs you'll never get!

Archived