Are Macedonian players non-EU players?

Fyr was forced on our country's name by Greece because they occupied the south part of our country in WW2 and they decided that the part will be called Macedonia and wanted to change our name to Fyr Macedonia and stupid government accepted.They did this so they can steal part of our history like Alexander the Great being Greek when in fact he is Macedonian and is known as Alexander the Macedonian.And i know that this isn't what the OP asked.

Read THIS in wikipedia.. Alexander the Great was born in Pella, a greek place. Don't change the history, it's lame.

Alexander the Great (Greek: Ἀλέξανδρος ὁ Μέγας or Μέγας Ἀλέξανδρος,[1] Mégas Aléxandros; 356 BC – 323 BC),[2] also known as Alexander III of Macedon (Ἀλέξανδρος Γ' ὁ Μακεδών) was an ancient Greek[3] King (basileus) of Macedon (336–323 BC). He was one of the most successful military commanders of all time and is presumed undefeated in battle. By the time of his death, he had conquered (see Wars of Alexander the Great) the Achaemenid Persian Empire, adding it to Macedon's European territories; according to some modern writers, this was most of the world as known to the ancient Greeks.

Born 20 July 356 BC

Pella, Macedon in Greece

The Ancient Macedonia, which King Philip gave to his son, Alexander, was in the Salonika territory as it is today.

Pella was politically Macedonian when Alexander was born, not Greek. He may be considered geographically Greek by modern standards, in much the same way North Western Scotland is considered Anglo Saxon by vast and inaccurate generalisation.

Pella was a Macedonian city before you occupied in WW2.And so was Salonika territory. Alexander assumed the kingship of Macedon following the death of his father Philip II, who had unified[6] most of the city-states of mainland Greece under Macedonian hegemony in a federation called the League of Corinth.[7] After reconfirming Macedonian rule by quashing a rebellion of southern Greek city-states and staging a short but bloody excursion against Macedon's northern neighbours, Alexander set out east against the Persian Empire, which he defeated and overthrew. His conquests included Anatolia, the Levant, Egypt, Bactria and Mesopotamia, and he extended the boundaries of his own empire as far as Punjab, India. You should read this.He's father was a Macedonian Philip II.And he conquered the Greek city's.

There is very little point in reading a single wikipedia entry. The Macedonian kings established their existence as an ethnic and political and geographical entity by force and politics, and this is all that matters in life.

I was always lead to believe (by history books and my teachers) that most leading Macedonians considered temselves Greek back then, and that it was the Greeks who thought them an inferior barbarian race

The part about barbarian race is true but Macedonians didn't considered themselves Greek.They wanted to match the Greek culture but not to be Greek.

The Greeks were divided in city's-states and they didn't wanted to unite until we conquered them and ruled our state(nation) with theirs as one.So there were races cus there were significant cultural and physical difference.

Macedonia conquered Greece?? Come on.

Alexander the Great considered himself as a Greek and did his glorious quest in that way.

The claims of the Macedonians of today, who are Macedonians only in geographical terms, are not valid and trying to "shoulder" something that's not theirs.

here too? come on isn't enough to watch this on tv now and on the forum? because of that politicians our two people keep arguing about this issue...lets talk about football that's connecting us here....

Back to the OP no we are not in EU and we wont enter because Greece blackmails us to change our name which we won't.

Not starting an arguement or anything but on all the maps ive seen and Football tournaments and generaly Geographical things i have never seen it called 'Macedonia' i always assumed the 'FYR' bit was used because it was part of the 'Soviet Bloc' during the Cold War.

Also, considering this started about football i just thought imagine this conversation on Match of the Day! With Hansen and Lawrensen arguing over Macedonia's real name and where Alexander the Great (or Macedonian) was born?:D

On topic, macedonia is not in EU.

Off topic. Alexander was macedon, but macedons now and then are not really the same people, which could probably be applied to most nations, you know migrations and such. Actually I wonder how much in common genetically now days greeks have with those back then. IMO they are just being ***** because of their politics towards FYR macedonia.

Not starting an arguement or anything but on all the maps ive seen and Football tournaments and generaly Geographical things i have never seen it called 'Macedonia' i always assumed the 'FYR' bit was used because it was part of the 'Soviet Bloc' during the Cold War.

Also, considering this started about football i just thought imagine this conversation on Match of the Day! With Hansen and Lawrensen arguing over Macedonia's real name and where Alexander the Great (or Macedonian) was born?:D

It would be better than the current level of analysis you get from them.

Back to the OP no we are not in EU and we wont enter because Greece blackmails us to change our name which we won't.

Slightly ironic. Its like lighting a fire in a forest and then organising fire crews and emergency service brigades to go put it out.

Slightly ironic. Its like lighting a fire in a forest and then organising fire crews and emergency service brigades to go put it out.

It's the typical "pity" act the FYROM government plays to make Greece & Greeks look like the bad guys.

The Greek government are not the bad guys, the Greek government have ALWAYS been open to COMPROMISE on the name. It's the FYROM who deny any compromise on the name.

FM1000 please stop playing your pity act, to make everyone feel sorry for you.

Well i just need to get it off my chest.It's just not right.

Fair enough you're entitled to an opinion. But this is a forum about a football management game that we all regardless of ethnicity enjoy. Can we please leave the politics out of it? There are tonnes of places you can talk about it on the net. We don't need it here.

Gees I feel like a mod now...

Well i just need to get it off my chest.It's just not right what they are doing to us.

Fair point, but that's the sort of thing for the off topic forum, not here. Let's not have a political debate here please chaps.

Ta.

How can you ask us to change our historic name and our national name.We will change our name when you change your name to former Turkish republic of Greece.

I can't believe what i'm reading. My eyes are burning. Show some mercy to us and stop writing things that have no sense at all.

:thdn:

How can you ask us to change our historic name and our national name.We will change our name when you change your name to former Turkish republic of Greece.

For one, it's not your historic name.

Secondly, your Turkish comment makes no sense at all.

Please stop trying to provoke a response.

For one, it's not your historic name.

Secondly, your Turkish comment makes no sense at all.

Please stop trying to provoke a response.

If this is not provocation i don't know what is.And it's our historic name just look anywhere but you fairytale history books.

This has gone beyond the petty squabbling reminiscent of Spain and Portugal's fight over Columbus. Take your arguments over the history of the countries to OTF, or preferably PM.

I think this thread needs locking, so I'm reporting my own post.

Archived