Takeover Manager 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm wondering if I am the only person to have had a takeover for every team I have managed on FM09 or are there others out there like me?

Incredibly, every team I have managed has had a takeover so far. It's happened at St. Albans City, Liverpool and Afan Lido, usually within a few seasons and often in the first season. Am I just unlucky? :eek:

I've also seen some really bizarre takeovers in the game, including BSS club Team Bath being taken over by a French tycoon who signed up Paul Merson as manager and brought in a £500k Championship rated striker. Also, Merthyr Tydfil got taken over by Chilean businessmen when they were promoted to BSS. :D

Now, I know they happen a fair bit in real life but surely, surely, surely, it isn't as often as in FM09? Perhaps we should rename this game 'Takeover Manager 2009'? :p

Anyone here with a similar record in takeovers?

And what's the most bizarre takeover you have seen? Can it rival Team Bath's French tycoon? :D

C.

I'm still waiting for my first tycoon takeover ever :( In my current save a lot of other clubs seem to have them, just not me :( Amongst the clubs to have been taken over are Tobermore Utd, Grays and Happy Valley just to name a few.

Is there anything different, that you know of, which is making the occurence of your team getting taken over more regular? Or is it just pure luck?

I have a 50 percent takeover rate of my clubs so far, which starts to be less impressive when I'll explain that this was one out of two and that one being Newcastle started under 9.1.0.

Got lucky and had a tycoon takeover though.

Post 9.3.0 the number of tycoon takeover is reduced so significantly that I haven't seen any one since.

I had a takeover with my Chelsmford team (2 seasons in), but he didnt give me any money. Got all excited when they said the board are in discussions about a takeover. When it finally went through, i got no more transfer money, no increase in the budget. Was not happy!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm wondering if I am the only person to have had a takeover for every team I have managed on FM09 or are there others out there like me?

Incredibly, every team I have managed has had a takeover so far. It's happened at St. Albans City, Liverpool and Afan Lido, usually within a few seasons and often in the first season. Am I just unlucky? :eek:

I've also seen some really bizarre takeovers in the game, including BSS club Team Bath being taken over by a French tycoon who signed up Paul Merson as manager and brought in a £500k Championship rated striker. Also, Merthyr Tydfil got taken over by Chilean businessmen when they were promoted to BSS. :D

Now, I know they happen a fair bit in real life but surely, surely, surely, it isn't as often as in FM09? Perhaps we should rename this game 'Takeover Manager 2009'? :p

Anyone here with a similar record in takeovers?

And what's the most bizarre takeover you have seen? Can it rival Team Bath's French tycoon? :D

C.

I am the total opposit. I have never had a take over at a club i have been managing.

Never had one on FM09 the missus had one on her Leeds game which gave her loads of cash to spend but its never happened to me. The best one is the user that played as Hibs and got £400 million to spend or something like to that anyway.

I think you are just lucky.

In some cases its not really lucky. It ruined my Blyth game because I just wanted to bring them up through the leagues on my own. It was a challenge. Suddenly i was taken over, given high expectations and had no option to start splashing the cash or get sacked. I was annoyed to say the least.

Never had a takeover in 30 years :( was trying to outlive the chairman and just got bored in the end lol. Personally i think the balance is just right - perhaps there are too many high-profile takeovers of lower-league clubs, but for top prem sides i think it's spot on, IRL i can think of MANY in the pas few years (since abramovic anyway).

Loads!

Brazilians at Torquay.

Chileans at Morecombe.

UAE's at Accrington.

South Africans at Stafford Rangers after a few years! But they went bankrupt qiuckly!

Lithuainians at Scunthorpe.

Finnish tycoon at Northampton.

Swiss guys at Colchester!

The majority went bankrupt within 5 years! Now in 2038 there are lots of tycoons all over Europe!

Archived