Abnormal Monopolies In Playable Leagues

Just wondered if anyone has noticed the sort of one-team dominance I'm seeing in the playable leagues in which I'm not playing in my current game. At the end of the 2018/19 season, I've seen the following title winners in each league (as will be apparent, I'm playing as Leicester!);

England - Arsenal (4), Chelsea (2), Man City (2), Leicester (2), Man Utd (1)

Scotland - Rangers (10), Celtic (1)

Italy - A.C. Milan (10), Inter Milan (1)

France - Lyon (11)

Germany - Bayern Munich (11)

Now okay, such dominance from Rangers is vaguely within the range of experience, but even being charitable to the power of Lyon's new ground and their existing title streak, for the other three to have been so one-sided is frankly ridiculous. Anyone else got similar experiences?

To be fair it is unlikely that Man utd only win one league title in 11 years, as is Inter milan.

It all depends on how teams develop/diminish as the game progresses.

Dissapointed to see Liverpool not doing anything, must be 30 odd years since we won the title in that save:(

Arsenal have become pretty much the best club team of the last 40 years in my game, I'm in 2022/2023.

They have won (in about 14 seasons):

12 Premier Leagues since the game started.

6 Champions Leagues.

6 FA Cups

3 League Cups

5 World Club Championships.

5 European Super Cups

11 Community Shields.

1 "MLS All-Stars".

• Administrators

auberis - another point to make as well:

LLR is right in what he says, but the biggest downside of Full Detail is that it really slows down the speed of the game... as your save develops and seasons progress your saves get bigger and bigger obviously so it just means that the option of full details for 4 leagues, is in my opinion, not viable (on practically any machine - unless if you have a Mac Pro with 32GB RAM or something ridiculous ;-) )

auberis - another point to make as well:

LLR is right in what he says, but the biggest downside of Full Detail is that it really slows down the speed of the game... as your save develops and seasons progress your saves get bigger and bigger obviously so it just means that the option of full details for 4 leagues, is in my opinion, not viable (on practically any machine - unless if you have a Mac Pro with 32GB RAM or something ridiculous ;-) )

I think you are quite a bit off there. 4 leagues is nothing and the game never needs that amount of RAM. 32GB?? I doubt it would ever use much more than 3-4Gb of RAM.

I think you are quite a bit off there. 4 leagues is nothing and the game never needs that amount of RAM. 32GB?? I doubt it would ever use much more than 3-4Gb of RAM.

i think it was a sarcasitc/joke/exageration comment mixed into 1 ;)

sorry about spelling i cant spell :(

Interested to know if any of you have full-detail on these leagues, because with it on no detail in these leagues it is done purely by reputation and you get exactly what you are showing, on full detail there are changes based on the actual way the game plays.

Mines is full detail with about 12 of the top leagues in Europe, Asia, North and South America.

You dont know what will happen in the future, look at some of the teams in lower divs and where they were ages ago. Im doing a long term game and delighted to see that Ipswich got a tycoon takeover and now competing with the top 4. Its good to have some change, never know what will happen in the future.

You dont know what will happen in the future, look at some of the teams in lower divs and where they were ages ago. Im doing a long term game and delighted to see that Ipswich got a tycoon takeover and now competing with the top 4. Its good to have some change, never know what will happen in the future.

Hear, here! Sunderland and Charlton are perennial competitors for Europe in my save. Two years ago, Sunderland lead the league for most of the year, finally faltering in April to the ever-dominate Arsenal. Liverpool, Chelsea, and ManU are all in and out of the top seven in any given year. ManC is the other team that always goes to Europe.

Archived