28 members have voted

1. 1. Which scenario is your favourite so far

• Cardiff
    • Leeds
    • Sheffield United
    • West Ham (1)
    • West Ham (2)
    • Real Madrid

I am creating a series of Challenges called the What If challenges. These challenges focus on things that have happened in the past, i.e Leeds going into administration, and looks at what would have happened if that hadn't have been the case. You play these scenarios out.

THE NEW WHAT IF CHALLENGE SERIES OFFICIAL WEBSITE IS NOW UP

What If Challenge Series Website

The names are the links

What If: Cardiff

What If Cardiff had won the FA Cup. They would then have to face Man Utd in the Charity Shield, and would be entered into the UEFA Cup. Can you beat Man Utd, and then take the bluebirds to UEFA Cup glory, whilst also steering them towards promotion?

What If: Cardiff - Scoring

(Just found out I've forgotten to put points for League Cup. They are the same as the FA Cup)

Spurz123 - 75 points

Midgetram - 55 points

What If: Leeds

What if Leeds didn't go into administration, and were still fighting for Europe and the premier league title. The previous manager was sacked for not achieving expectations, however he did sign a number of world class players. Luckily the board are more lenient on you due to this, however, the fans will want more. Can you make Leeds the best team in the world?

What If: Leeds - Scoring

What If: West Ham (1)

What if West Ham had kept Tevez and Mascherano, staying in the premier league. With your 2 star players, can you fire West Ham from bottom to the top, challenging for europe and maybe taking West Ham to the top 4?

What If: West Ham (2)

What if West Ham hadn't got Tevez and Mascherano in the first place, therefore getting relegated from the premier league. With little cash and most of your best players now elsewhere, Can you take West Ham back into the premier league and back to the status they were?

What If: Sheffield United

What if Sheffield United stayed up instead of West Ham. You need to keep the fans and board happy and try to survive in the league, last seasons survival has boosted your budget, but you still have the team that just scraped through last year. Can you improve the squad, survive in the league, and more with Sheffield United?

What If: Real Madrid

What if Real Madrid collapsed? In this scenario, that has happened. However, a group of ex-Real players have bought the rights to Castilla, as they couldn't afford the rights to the Real Madrid name. They board have also bought a few ex-Real players to aid you in your journey. The media predict you to get 20th in the league. However, with a decent budget and an already quite good squad, Can you get Castilla promoted from the Liga Adelante straight away, and try and get Castilla to the heights Real Madrid once were?

What If: Hull

What if Hull City had never dropped the impressive form they were in at the start of the season, and had secured a UEFA Cup spot? With more money and a better reputation, can you guide Hull to UEFA Cup glory, and also try and keep them in the League, and also try to win the FA Cup and League Cup?

What If: Man City (1)

What if Man City had never been took over by the Arabs, and they'd not signed Robinho? Without Robinho, the January signings, or the mega-rich arabs to back you, Can you acheive the dream and take Man City to the top?

Future Scenarios

What If: Man City

What If: AC Milan

What If: Man Utd

What If: Liverpool

What If: Real Madrid

What If: Gretna

What If: Chelsea

What If: Wimbledon

What If: Newcastle

What If: Arsenal

What If: PSG

What If: Rangers

What If: Celtic

What If: Wycombe

What If: Havant and Waterlooville

What If: Premier League

What If: Juventus

What If: Southampton

What If: Sunderland

What If: Spurs

What If: Everton

There will be Many more on the way. I'm aiming for 2 a week (however the way its going expect 4 a day lol)

If anyone finds some unexpected bugs, do tell me and I'll correct them.

Post updates please, I'd like to know how they all go :)

You may load any leagues you wish, just as long as you stay at the club the scenario is about.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what if: Man City got kaka for 100m..

what if: Man Utd lost to nottingham forest in the 3rd round of the fa cup and fergie was sacked

just some ideas. dunno if you have them yet.

great idea though. wish i would of thought of it.

I'll hazard a guess at them...:p

What If: Man City...stuck with Sven and was not taken over by Arab money?

What If: AC Milan...held onto their three goal lead against Liverpool?

What If: Man Utd...didn't score the two late goals in Barcelona against Bayern?

What If: Liverpool...won the 2007 final against AC Milan in Athens?

What If: Real Madrid...(no idea)

What If: Leeds...had not been relegated, and qualified for the Champions League thereafter?

What If: Gretna...had not gone bust (as mentioned)?

What If: Chelsea...had not been taken over by Roman?

What If: Wimbledon...stayed where they were instead of moving to Milton Keynes?

What If: Newcastle...stuck with Sir Bobby?

:D

You guessed right on the Gretna one, it will be the not going bust one.

However

For some clubs, there may be more than one what if!

For example Man City signing big names straight away, and them not having the arab takeover in the first place.

I will give you another sneak peek at one of them.

What If: Man Utd - What If Man Utd got relegated when Sir Alex Ferguson left......

I think thats to do with Megaupload, not me Conners

Thanks for all the good comments on this, I'll make sure every one I make is fantastic.

West Ham and Gretna should be the next two to come, Leeds will be on around 9 or 10

Well in that case i'll put the rest on Filefront. I have made a Man utd one, but I need to touch up on that. Leeds, West Ham and Gretna are all next. Then Man Utd, then I think I'll do Real Madrid (Thats a good one!)

Leeds is up!!!

Brettney, I dunno how that would work with these, seeing as I'm releasing them more than one at a time, If anyone has any ideas for it though, feel free to pitch in.

2 West Ham ones and Sheffield United and the Real Madrid one (thats a suprise) will be up sometime tomorrow (its 00:38 so technically today) I imagine. Then Man Utd and Gretna are next I think.

*Edit*

West Ham (Number 1) is now up :D

Apologies if I'm being dense, its pretty late so may have lost some of todays brain function, but are these all basically scienarios with edited databases that we download and play out? Or are you going to do an A.I. Experiment type thing with them? Sounds like a great idea either way and I'm especially looking forward to the Arsenal one since thats my club, though struggling to think what it may be... What If Wenger didn't sell everyone over the age of 26 and we had a stable club from season to season rather than every year being a case of a new batch of youngsters with great potential that we will sell as soon as we're getting close to challenging for silverwear?

Apologies if I'm being dense, its pretty late so may have lost some of todays brain function, but are these all basically scienarios with edited databases that we download and play out? Or are you going to do an A.I. Experiment type thing with them? Sounds like a great idea either way and I'm especially looking forward to the Arsenal one since thats my club, though struggling to think what it may be... What If Wenger didn't sell everyone over the age of 26 and we had a stable club from season to season rather than every year being a case of a new batch of youngsters with great potential that we will sell as soon as we're getting close to challenging for silverwear?

These are scenarios that you download :)

Brettney, I dunno how that would work with these, seeing as I'm releasing them more than one at a time, If anyone has any ideas for it though, feel free to pitch in.

Why not set up a scoring system for each scenario, but we can tackle them in any order we want.

Like the 20 Second Challenges from last year I think. As long as people can keep track of which ones they have done than it should be ok.

Just an idea, though I think I've confused myself in this reply :confused:

Archived