Stupid amounts of yellows for MC's

Is this a bug? Has to be I'd think, as the amount of yellow cards handed out to central midfielders I find is absolutely insane... no matter how hard you set their tackling, and no matter what player you pick (as some players are more dirty than others) I ALWAYS pick up a yellow card or two for the central midfielders. It just seems stupid and I something I can't seem to avoid. I *might* very rarely get through a game without a central midfielder getting a card but it's rare.

Anyone else suffering from this? Or is it just me icon_smile.gif

Is this a bug? Has to be I'd think, as the amount of yellow cards handed out to central midfielders I find is absolutely insane... no matter how hard you set their tackling, and no matter what player you pick (as some players are more dirty than others) I ALWAYS pick up a yellow card or two for the central midfielders. It just seems stupid and I something I can't seem to avoid. I *might* very rarely get through a game without a central midfielder getting a card but it's rare.

Anyone else suffering from this? Or is it just me icon_smile.gif

• 1 month later...

Well, it seems to be bound to the MC-position as my (lot worse) back-up MC is also getting a card every game.

Kind of annoying when you lose games since you can't use your best player because of this 'bug'. It's ruining my FM08-experience quite a bit ATM

Sending-off's are not the problem, he just gets a yellow card every game and after 5 or 6 yellow cards you get suspended everytime you receive one after those, so I can only use him every other game after the first 5/6 matches into the season :S

Wow, that's just .. silly.

Its certainly not happening to me.

35 (league) games into my season, my central midfielders have:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> G Y R

33 2 0

30 3 0

12 1 0

7 0 0

6 0 0

1 0 0

1 0 0

--------------

6 0</pre>

That suggests to me that maybe we're doing something differently from each other.

For me, its a flat 4-4-2, and my MC's have the following settings:

Mentality set to "Team", which tends to range within the middle 10 settings, e.g., 5 to 15.

Closing Down set to "Team", and varying from own half to exactly middle.

Tackling set to "Team", usually Mixed.

Forward Runs: Often

Run with Ball: Mixed

Through Balls: Often

Marking: Zonal

Tight Marking: No

No Free Role

Don't Hold Up Ball

Swap Position: with the other MC

Further to that, I use "Opposition Instructions" to force the enemy midfield onto their weaker foot, but reserve "Closing Down Always" instructions for the opposition back-four and GK. I don't usually tight-mark the midfield, but if I spot a slow but technically brilliant playmaker, I'll use "Tight Marking Always" to shut him down.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

The only way I can compensate is by having 3 'first-choice' DMCs in my squad and cycling them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but if your back-up players are a lot worse than your first-team players, you're basically screwed. icon_biggrin.gif

I like LLM, so that's mostly the case with me. That's why I'm so heavily annoyed about this

• 2 weeks later...

DUN set hard tackle for midfield centre, and get a defensive mid who can play in centre midfield to boss the mid field for u instead of a midfielder who cant tackle running around trying to get the ball back for the team..

My Werder Bremen team have picked up 60 yellow cards so far this season which is acceptable, but 16 of them have been for Torsten Frings who plays as my DMC. DMC role in general seems a bit buggy though as he often doesn't get a good rating there either despite doing exactly what I want him too and having superb pass completion. Like someone else said though, red cards are not a problem at all, we've not had a single one yet this season. My fullbacks tend to get yellow cards regularly too so the rest of my team gets away with very few all in all!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Yes, it is pretty much an unresolved bug. Whatever instructions I set a DMC he nearly always picks up a yellow. The only way I can compensate is by having 3 'first-choice' DMCs in my squad and cycling them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same with me as well

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

My Werder Bremen team have picked up 60 yellow cards so far this season which is acceptable, but 16 of them have been for Torsten Frings who plays as my DMC. DMC role in general seems a bit buggy though as he often doesn't get a good rating there either despite doing exactly what I want him too and having superb pass completion. Like someone else said though, red cards are not a problem at all, we've not had a single one yet this season. My fullbacks tend to get yellow cards regularly too so the rest of my team gets away with very few all in all! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ratings for the MC's is another issue which ****es me off - Because they are also booked, i find that their ratings are usually 6 or 7 and very rarely 8's. It then means that after about 60 mins i have to substitute them.

This does ruin the game as Gerrad never gets more than an average rating over 7 - we all now that this is a load of rubbish!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

I complained about this problem frequently prior to 8.0.2. Since the new patch, it seems to have gone away for me, and I'm chuffed about that! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't had the problem since the patch either. Infact I can't remember many of my players getting a ban for collecting 'x' amount of cards. Could probably count all the suspensions on one hand tbh.

To be honest I don't actually notice the bans all that much - I just automatically put someone else in at DMC when he has the red "Sus" next to his name, I just tend to notice on my manager overview page when it says who has how many yellow cards.

Archived