Whats your best Managerial Triumph?

I just won the champions league Liverpool style! (im Chelsea) came from 3 goals down against real madrid to win on penalties with all my goals coming in the last 20 mins icon_biggrin.gif i have now had treble winning season with a 442 aswell icon14.gif

I just won the champions league Liverpool style! (im Chelsea) came from 3 goals down against real madrid to win on penalties with all my goals coming in the last 20 mins icon_biggrin.gif i have now had treble winning season with a 442 aswell icon14.gif

Did the CL and Prem double with Man City in 2012.

But biggest achievement was with England. For the first game in charge 2012-13, dropped all the old guard Rooney, Terry, Gerrard etc and played the kids. Drew 2-2 with Spain in a friendly then beat Latvia 5-0 WCQ.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

The quadruple after building my arsenal-esque type team with west ham.but is still had 14 english guys out of 22.Not bad at the average age of 23.Had to keep in line of the hammers tradition </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then, technically, shouldn't you be selling them all to bigger clubs now? icon_wink.gif

Near the end of the season. I had already gained MKDons promotion to the Premiership, but I had become frustrated with my Chairman refusing to raise my wage or transfer budget. So I knew the squad was too weak to make it in the top flight.

Suddenly Aston Villa offer me a job, the first time a big club had offered me a new job. I accepted the job in a flurry of back slapping and self congratulation.

This is when the penny dropped, with 6 games to go, Villa were 19th in the premiership and 5 points from safety. Morale was rock bottom and several key players were injured.

Some how, and to this day I don't know how, I managed to secure them 11 points from the last 18. Effectively ended Chelsea's title by beating them to hand it to Tottenham (who I lost to) and I finished in 16th place and safe.

I went on to challenge for the title in the next season and won it the following year, but I always count that fight for survival as one of my greatest achievements.

Winning the Premier League with West Ham in my first season and then going 2nd, in the next 32 years. Also winning the FA Cup in my second season and the Champions League and League Cup in my third season. Still in title race, FA Cup and Champions League in my fourth season come March.

All without cheating! icon_wink.gif

i took stockport county from league 2 to championship in 3years and then got offered AC Milan job so obviously took it.

Signed Messi for 42.5m, finished 2nd in my 1st season and won CL!

Now 2nd season with AC ive signed Rooney and Fabregas (combined 102m) and im 6 points clear top of Serie A with 10games left, won Club World Champs and im still in champs league! and this is probably one of the best ive ever done.

Although winning prem with Man City in my 5th season was a massive game for me being a city fan

I have two from FM 07: Winning the League Cup first season with Hull City (Championship, beat Chelsea 3-2 in the final after going 2-1 down!) and, in another game, being offered the job to save Kilmarnock from relegation, about half way through the season, and charging up to third and a UEFA Cup spot. But then I left that job and went to Leverkusen!

Man Utd - Arsenal(me) being 2-0 down at old trafford, a win for Arsenal would mean Arsenal to win the title.

2-2 by the 80th min....Fabregas, Hleb...then what became goal of the season from Hleb to win the Premier League at Old Trafford

Manchester UTD 2-3 Arsenal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by creature_from_ottawa:

The quadruple after building my arsenal-esque type team with west ham.but is still had 14 english guys out of 22.Not bad at the average age of 23.Had to keep in line of the hammers tradition </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then, technically, shouldn't you be selling them all to bigger clubs now? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why the hell should i.

I've made them a dominant force in 2045 now.They've won 13 premiership titles.11 Under me,2 after my sucessors came in.

Winning the european super cup, club world champ., fa cup, league cup, premier division and champions league in a season. in like 2013/14ish with Aston Villa. Also, getting so far in all the same competitions the season before i had to win 5 games in the last week of the season to win the league. done it by the skin of my teeth icon_biggrin.gif

in that game ive also been winning everything but one cup for the past couple of seasonsss.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

Then, technically, shouldn't you be selling them all to bigger clubs now? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why the hell should i.

I've made them a dominant force in 2045 now.They've won 13 premiership titles.11 Under me,2 after my sucessors came in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he is just trying to make a dig at West Ham for selling off their best English players.

Anyway, mine was:

2-0 down against Barcelona - 1st minute and 9th minute, both by Henry (I am Sevilla) in the ECC Final. Keita scores for me in the 14th, then Matias Fernandez scores from a Free Kick (taking it himself, wondergoal) in the 29th minute. Then he gets a header in the 33rd minute, I'm now 3-2 up. Then, after half-time, Fernandez scores in the 47th minute after running along. 4-2. Matias Fernandez then scores his fourth from a long-range volley. 5-2. Then, he scores his FIFTH goal from another free-kick in the 69th minute.

Finally, Kerzhakov scores in the 83rd minute. Final score: 7-2.

Kerzakov was in line to win European Goldenboot with 9 goal, Henry was on 8, so they both went to 10 goals. Fernandes was on 6 goals, but with those 5, he won the golden boot with 11 goals.

My Hero.

My best managerial triumph is probably winning the champions league in the first season with Arsenal. I had to face Chelsea in the final, who I had not been able to beat all season. A quick fire double from Soren Larsen in first 20 minutes were enough to sink Chelsea and complete the treble!

Two and a half years unbeaten in the league with my Man Utd legends. Getting really stupid now, yes I have a great team and all but really some of the comebacks my team make are so unrealistic it just aint funny. Once they get on one they are insanley hard to stop. needs to be addressed cause the AI does it as well.

All without any form of cheating...

QPR:

- winning the Colaship in my first season with QPR, with only 2 loses.

- also in my first season, beating big rivals Fulham in the FA Cup, 2-0 at home.

Mantova:

- gaining promotion my first season.

- in my third season I did really well against the big clubs. Tied Milan twice, beat Lazio twice, split results with Roma and beat Juventus twice. I finished 9th in my third season.

one game that always comes to mind with Mantova was a match in my third season against Roma...

Before this game, I was going through a rough patch of form and at half-time I was down 3-0 at Roma. I worked my magic in the dressing room and and with 5 minutes to go we were level 3-3. With all the momentum I decided to get greedy and keep pressing for the 4th, but Roma countered and won 4-3.

I lost, but it was an amazing game and it springboarded my squad to a awesome run to finish the season at 9th place.

Archived