Idea: Money Scheme?

Okay Brainwave time

You know how your manager gets money for their contracts etc

There should be a hall of fame for the most richest managers?:thdn::thup:

It would certinly encourage people to take higher paying jobs and (in my view add another sense of realism)

Your Thoughts Appreicated

Saxonaitor:D

Not something that i would be particularly interested in, i dont really see the point of negotiating manager wages anyway.

same here i always accept lowest possible amount all it does is waste money that can help to another players wages and i think proberly alot of people do same of accepting lowest wage possible

i think that was his point, for those that dont care about that posible feature, it will be benign and wont change anything. but for those that do then it will add an incentive to be greedy, just like some people irl. its just another stat really, cant imagine that it will take more than 5 mins to put it into the game, just put it in the same place that most amount spent on transfer fee's and the like are.

i think that was his point, for those that dont care about that posible feature, it will be benign and wont change anything. but for those that do then it will add an incentive to be greedy, just like some people irl. its just another stat really, cant imagine that it will take more than 5 mins to put it into the game, just put it in the same place that most amount spent on transfer fee's and the like are.

Like Harry Redknapp?

With regard to the OP, surely the more succesful a manager is the higher wage he will command? The ordinary hall of fame is similar. If your top of that there is a good chance your the top earner to go with it. Other than that, with this suggestion i feel we would be heading into FIFA manager type direction where we could buy sports cars, houses etc.

Not for me, sorry :thdn:

Like Harry Redknapp?

With regard to the OP, surely the more succesful a manager is the higher wage he will command? The ordinary hall of fame is similar. If your top of that there is a good chance your the top earner to go with it. Other than that, with this suggestion i feel we would be heading into FIFA manager type direction where we could buy sports cars, houses etc.

Not for me, sorry :thdn:

Lol, can you do that in FIFA Man?

Thats quite cool then, its not really a football game then is it, more of a Spin off of a tv program :)

Lol, can you do that in FIFA Man?

Thats quite cool then, its not really a football game then is it, more of a Spin off of a tv program :)

Not sure, havnt played FIFA man for years! I know you can do other stuff that managers dont actually do, like build stadiums etc.

To be honest I would like to see the OP's idea, the manager wages are somewhat pointless in the game, when you are negotiating contracts with clubs, the only thing you concentrate on is the Contract Expiry date, and i would also like to see the manager be able to spend his money, but obviously so that it does not become too much like FIFA.

The only things I like about FIFA man is the fact you have to please the board in more ways than getting the right results. Playing golf and going sailing with the chairman can enhance the reputation between the 2 of you. Also I like the fact you have your family involved, again it's 2 things that people don't have to use but can add a little bit more reality to the game having to juggle football results, relationships with the board members and your own personal relationships just like a real manager would do irl

To be honest I would like to see the OP's idea, the manager wages are somewhat pointless in the game, when you are negotiating contracts with clubs, the only thing you concentrate on is the Contract Expiry date, and i would also like to see the manager be able to spend his money, but obviously so that it does not become too much like FIFA.

Wages are not wholly cosmetic, they play a key role in the liklihood of you getting sacked and the compensation involved may be the deciding factor e.g. if you're on £100k pw, you're less likely to get sacked for bad results than if you are on £10k a week and getting the same results. As such, people should take notice of their wage, as well as the expiry date of the cotnract.

It's not about career earnings for me, its managing the teams I get the most enjoyment out of.

I mean I could try demand 240k wages at my all conquering Liverpool side, but I don't see the point out of it, specially as it could potentially harm my finances a fair bit.

The carreer earings are already counted on the prfile screens, so it would 'just' also need to collect the data of the others and compare them in a table.

Would be a nice little touch imo. Of course, that should not be the new key feature of FM10 ;)

How about a list of things that we could buy and tick off? Say a list of expensive cars/ houses/ boats etc.... (or something there of) then there would be some point in negotiating managers wages otherwise WHAT A POINTLESS FEATURE!!!!

It's not exactly an 'idea' in a way but a 'fact' that Nomis is getting at. The board aren't going to sack a manager if it's going to cost them loads of money in compensation, so demanding/negotiating a higher wage is a good way to ensure you're board don't harshly sack you after a bad run or results etc.

To answer the OP - I think a table ranking the richest managers would be pointless, what is it really achieving? It's basically a representation of how well you've done at a club e.g won trophies which has prolonged your managerial career, which in turn has resulted in you being offered more money to stay and bring more success to the club. This is already represented in the Hall of Fame.

Well.. I don't think it would add much to the game. I was managing Blyth Spartans with 250k/week but accepted a job with 1,6k/week at Marine, just because I wanted to manage that team.. the money wasn't a factor in that. I wouldn't accept another club now, what ever they would pay me, just I could do something with that money

On the old CM games before the split. I used to enjoy the hall of fame option there was. I think it was ranked by manager points. The better you did in the more prestigious competitions the more points you earned.

I guess that got replaced by the hall of fame we have now (which I am having trouble locating on the game... anyone know where it is?)

Well i'd like to do something with the money. Maybe something along the lines that fifa manager does, but don't want anything as deeps as that. You should be able to say to played if you score x amount of goals this season i will give you y amount of money.

Another thing you go do with the money is go to your director/chairman and say i would like a certain player and i'm willing to put towards some of my wages to help raise the money to buy the player. Bit like negotiating the team wage budget.

Archived