Inconsistent AMCs

Does anyone else have a problem with the consistency of AMCs playing in the AMC position in the game. I've noticed that at the point of kick off all my team start on 6.4 and somewhat unfairly, my AMC is starting on a 6.2 and gets progressively worse. Good performances are few and far between and this is with good quality players playing in an inferior league. In terms of tactics I've tried a whole host of different ones, none get a good response, especially not the default one. I'd be interested to hear if others are encountering the problem. It's bizarre because it's a position that has always been the easiest to fill

I play Marek Hamsik in that role, and he fluctuates wildly. Some games he's at 7+ by half-time; others he's at 5.8.

But I find that if I give him a shot in the arm at half-time -- "Prove a Point" or "You can make a difference" -- he will be at 6.9 by the end of the game, assuming I don't take him off.

Same here.

Playing with two strikers is almost bearable provided they both score or assist during a match, but trying to get 2 MC's whether AMC or DMC to play together always results in poor ratings.

Hopefully tweaked in 9.3.0.

To be honest, there's a lot of players who's primary position is AMC and cannot be deployed as an MCA as in real life.

As pointed out, the AMC is not inconsistent; the ratings are. Ignore the ratings and check his player stats until the patch is out. If he's making key passes, lots of completed passes etc. and you can see that's he's playing fine, he is - regardless of the rating.

The problem is, his match rating affects his confidence, morale, etc

I've found that if you switch your AMC to the wing, for example, his ratings magically shoot up, even though you've not played more than a minute more. Then you can move him back and they go down again.

It's a bug, I'm sure. I think that SI have said that it's a 'known issue'.

I tend to actually shift my AMC to the wing and then sub him just before the end of the match. That means that he ends up with a reasonable rating and so you don't get the problems with him getting poor morale and the fans moaning about him.

It's a nuisance though. Hope they fix it in the patch (I think that they said that they will).

I tend to actually shift my AMC to the wing and then sub him just before the end of the match. That means that he ends up with a reasonable rating and so you don't get the problems with him getting poor morale and the fans moaning about him.

It's a nuisance though. Hope they fix it in the patch (I think that they said that they will).

Wait. If you shift an AMC to the wing for a short time , he'll get a considerably better rating? For how long? And why does he 'need' to be subbed for that?

If that workaround works, there could hardly be any better prove that there is a serious ratings flaw :(

I didn't discover this. Someone else did (sorry, for the life of me I can't remember who it was or where I saw it) and I read his post and tried it and it worked (for me, anyway). If you move the AMC, I've found that his rating changes almost at once. Try it!

The AMC isn't actually playing badly as I understand it, it's just that the rating is all wrong. If you leave it, he ends with a rating of 5.4 or something, when he didn't deserve it. So I swap his position and sub him just before the end of the match so that his full time rating is 6.7 or whatever it turns out to be.

Edit: People have also said that this problem only started after Patch 9.2. So that would prove that it was a bug I'd have thought.

I play a 4-2-3-1 formation with two holding midfielders and two wingers and an AMC. I've found that by setting my AMC up to rarely make forward runs and run with the ball often, as well as direct passing he performs much better, linking with midfield and playing plenty of through balls. The only issue with that is, he's rarely in the box and it's impacted on my more attacking holding midfielder. Suddenly, the player in that position is performing poorly, or at least his ratings are poor. It's like squeezing a half filled balloon, the problem pops up somewhere else.

Edit: People have also said that this problem only started after Patch 9.2. So that would prove that it was a bug I'd have thought.

That's correct. IIRC, out of the box, the DMCs got the rubbish ratings, so SI fixed that for 9.1.0 Unfortuntely then the strikers who didn't score or head the ball got rubbish ratings. In fixing that for 9.2.0 they shifted the bug to AMCs :(

Let's hope that in 9.3.0 another position isn't affected and all the ratings are fair.

Archived