Scouting

Does anybody bother with scouting?

I dont mean the next opposition.

I mean having 15 scouts going around the globe etc...

If you do a search all top players are in there?

If you do bother - can you give me an example of what you do and how this benefits your team?

Thanks

if your a middle table team and can get a world scout it is very useful, i got cardiff up to the Prem and had a world scout, and would regulalry get recomendations of highly rated players. If your a top team, i guess its not that important, as they will give you reports on the top players, i always get Pato, Kaka, Pirlo and Buffon from Italy. Depends who you are really

Playing in Holland and thus all the top player aren't coming to my team, but the top clubs are buying my players so I have to bring in new one, here is were the scouting is usefull, can find nice good players for small money to strengthen my team since my board expects me to challenge for the title each year and at least reach the 1st knockout round of the CL. So I need my scouts

I am playing as Liverpool and as Markcox, i also get the likes of Pato etc. However, i also get a lot of youngsters recommended to me. I have many very good players through my scout recommendations and have built up a very good youth team that is providing some good players as backups or first team regulars. It is definately worth it as I am finding that in 2014 I am buying very few first team players as my youth team is providing me with quiate a few first teamers.

Remember your scouts will not always be right but persevere with it as it is worth it.

Thanks again guys.

I am Juve but i think i will do what Mojby said and try to build a youth team made up of regens and young recommended players.

I say regen because each year i do get a few decent 15/16yo players in my U-20 team.

here we go.

That is the way I sign all my players.

I have several players who I signed for cheap or free or on loan for Lazio who I am currently managing. I can't name them here as player naming is not allowed in this forum and regens would be no good to you as they are totally different in each game.

That is the way I sign all my players.

I have several players who I signed for cheap or free or on loan for Lazio who I am currently managing. I can't name them here as player naming is not allowed in this forum and regens would be no good to you as they are totally different in each game.

Jod,

Do you ever clcik on teams from around the world and just randomly look at players?

to make the game harder id use that little FOG icon you can tick ..

If I send a scout out to Holland who only has knowledge of Italy, say, does he take on the Holland knowledge of my other staff who are busy elsewhere? And also, does the "judging ability/potential" rating work in the same way as coaching attributes (ie. 18-20 will give you a 'seven-star' scout rating), or is a 20 scout more accurate than a 19 scout?

So it's useless to send a scout to a country he has no knowledge of then?

And I realise the scouts don't have stars, but I've never seen a difference between reports that a 19 and 20 scout gave so I was wondering if there were fewer 'real' grades than 20. Cheers.

And I realise the scouts don't have stars, but I've never seen a difference between reports that a 19 and 20 scout gave so I was wondering if there were fewer 'real' grades than 20. Cheers.

No it is not useless, but the reports will not be very accurate if he only provides you with a coach report. To get a detailed report he must scout the player in question many times to get a accurate report (compared to the report of a scout which has knowledge of that nation).

Jod' date='

Do you ever clcik on teams from around the world and just randomly look at players?

to make the game harder id use that little FOG icon you can tick ..[/quote']

I don't and just use my scouts and just look at players they throw at me.

I always use the attribute masking feature.

Someone from SI said on here recently that reputation plays a part. The bigger the reputation the scout has the more detailed their reports will be.

Jod' date='

to make the game harder id use that little FOG icon you can tick ..[/quote']

Like Jod I don't do this as well, doesn't happen irl as far as I know that a scout just randomly picks a club and scouts a player, this all cost money ofcourse. I am not sure if the finacial aspect of scouting is implemented in FM09 but I don't do it. I only send my scouts to area's they know and scout my next opposition. From that I will get new targets.

The problem I have, and I always manage in the lower leagues, is lots of scout reports come through of players that I would be interested in signing, however, none of them are interested in moving to me.

Probably for averages sake, out of 20 players, 1 will be interested, if that.

Is there anyway of telling the scout to find just people that are interested, other than the 'ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets'.

On that as well, is how good the Assistant affect the judgement of who is 'realistic'?

I'm at Bolton and I have scouts all over the world. One roaming the globe, plus others in North America, Central America, South America, UK and Ireland, Scandinavia, Central, South, and Eastern Europe. And, those guys are assigned to scout competitions like the Champions League as well.

I have all of them set to find players 21 and younger. They've found me some fantastic young players and some real bargains - like a 16 year old Brazilian phenom who was valued at £1.5 million but his club were willing to let him go for £200,000. A large scouting force can have you finding tons of great young players who you can get for peanuts and sell later for millions of pounds.

I like the u21 idea.

I am trying to fill my team with regen so this would be a good start.

Playing in year 2012 and would hope that in 4/5 years my start XI will be all regens.

It is a high probability that most of your starting eleven will be regens by 2017 as most of the real players will have retired by then anyway!

I have full knowledge from all over the world and that means I will get to see in my player search a 17 y/o Korean , playing in Korea but with out that knowledge or scouting of that area I would not see him.

The way I scout is to filter the stats and age, if a player comes up who fits into that filter I will then get a full scout report from 2-3 of my "good" scouts. If he shows as having good potential I will sign him.

I find this a good method aswell as just relying on my scouts to find them!

I have got some awesome generated players from my world scouts. Some for say £300k but some more expensive and well established. For example, my scouting knowledge of Hungary wasnt great so I missed out on a young generated DM who went to AJ Auxerre, but my scouts picked up on him there. Instead of paying a bargain couple of million to get him from Debrecen I had to pay £11m to land him from Auxerre. It was still worth it though :). I had to pay an extra £9m for this classy player because my scouing network, which was pretty extensive, missed out on him while at his first club. The scouts will make you world beaters later in the game no doubt about it.

My scouting is very important for me... Currently im managing FC Dunav in Bulagria and i buy only player through scouting. I have 7 scouts who roam through Europe and they have found me some excellent young players. :) I give credits to my scouts for being champions in my first year and then promoting to the A-group where im 5th in my first season at the winterbreak :) top 4 qualify for Europe so lets hope i have a decent 2nd half of the season :)

Archived