Agility, Eccentricity and Creative Freedom?

Agility- Well I only ever take note with goalkeepers since I see it as their 'acrobatic ability'. Their 'flexibility'. Hard to explain...I guess this also applies to outfielders in regards to bicycle kicks and such

Eccentricity- Tendency for a goalkeeper to do something stupid really. Or perhaps not 'stupid', but unorthodox and risky

Creative Freedom- How much freedom you give a player to stray from tactical instructions; how much you would like the player to try something diferent; how risky you would like the player to be. For example, you wouldn't want your goalkeeper or central defender to take on opponents like Ronaldo since it's a recipe for disaster, so low creative freedom instructs them to opt for the simple pass rather than trying something more creative. With Fabregas or Ronaldo on the other hand, it would pay to give them more freedom since Fabregas could look for a killer ball (with the added risk that he could give up possession) and Ronaldo could dribble past his marker (with the added risk that he could be tackled)

Agility- Well I only ever take note with goalkeepers since I see it as their 'acrobatic ability'. Their 'flexibility'. Hard to explain...I guess this also applies to outfielders in regards to bicycle kicks and such

Eccentricity- Tendency for a goalkeeper to do something stupid really. Or perhaps not 'stupid', but unorthodox and risky

Creative Freedom- How much freedom you give a player to stray from tactical instructions; how much you would like the player to try something diferent; how risky you would like the player to be. For example, you wouldn't want your goalkeeper or central defender to take on opponents like Ronaldo since it's a recipe for disaster, so low creative freedom instructs them to opt for the simple pass rather than trying something more creative. With Fabregas or Ronaldo on the other hand, it would pay to give them more freedom since Fabregas could look for a killer ball (with the added risk that he could give up possession) and Ronaldo could dribble past his marker (with the added risk that he could be tackled)

Thanks for your answer. The agility is still a bit confusing but I think I get you. Really agility is not important for a player but a goalkeeper is it? Would an example of eccentricity be David James who does make stupid mistakes. Would you also say that having a low eccentricity makes one of a goalkeepers attribute good?

Thanks for your answer. The agility is still a bit confusing but I think I get you. Really agility is not important for a player but a goalkeeper is it? Would an example of eccentricity be David James who does make stupid mistakes. Would you also say that having a low eccentricity makes one of a goalkeepers attribute good?

Eccentricity is best thought of as a keepers tendency to dribble rather than making mistakes. Like everything else it can be a good thing if the other attributes complement it and/or you don't mind your keeper giving you a few gray hairs.

Agility is best described as a players response time to a target. In football, I would assume the ball....and / or your opponent. Thats why it's always much better to have players who posess great agility to players who are the opposite, posess great skill. If that makes sense?

Agility is best described as a players response time to a target. In football, I would assume the ball....and / or your opponent. Thats why it's always much better to have players who posess great agility to players who are the opposite, posess great skill. If that makes sense?

Response time? That is more like anticipation.

Players with high agility can twist and turn quickly, Messi might have 20, a slow, overweight centre back in the lower leagues would have 1.

Agility is an important attribute for all players but especially goalkeepers, wingers and attackers. It's defined as the ability to change direction. Simple attribute.

Creative freedom is the license a player has to deviate from your set tactics and perhaps formation.

Eccentricity is a character trait you might find in someone like David James. He is willing to do outlandish things in games, such as coming to get crosses or loose balls when others will believe it not in their or the teams best interest. Sometimes it turns out brilliant, other times it can cause huge problems.

i thought agility (as in agile?) was the ease with which a player can turn, move, etc. so good for dribbling. i would guess someone like messi has v. high agility and balance.

eccentricity is someone doing something out of the ordinary, (which on fm is very bad). someone like gomes has high eccentricity and he might decide to try to dribble the pitch for example

Thank you all for your replies. What I also want to know is the full detail of anticipation attribute. Correct me if am right but is it

1) Involving yourself more often with the ball such as wanting the ball more, recieving it on a regualar basis (like a centre midfielder)

2. And is it to intercept the ball when an opposition try to make a pass or through ball

Also the influence attribute. Is that

1) The player who the team relies on (like a captain)

2) Or is it what I thought before which is how well a player plays during matches that interests the fans or managers.

From the manual:

Agiliy: Reflects how well a player can start, stop and movein different directions at varying levels of speed (pace). It ties with the pace, acceleration and balance attributes as the work together in the match engine, especially when a player is running with the ball.

Eccentricity: This attribute represents the likelihood of the goalkeeper to do the unexpected and typically act completely un-like a 'keeper. Things like dribbling out of his area will be commonplace if this is high.

Anticipation: How well a player can predict and react to an event. If a player has a high attribute he can read the game well and react to situations quicker than others. Works well with off the ball.

Influence: The players ability to affect events or other players without any intentional effort. Will be leaders on the pitch and team-mates will tend to rally around these players.

I use anticipation as a main attribute to look for in CB's as I think it helps them read where a player or the ball will end up before anyone else.

Influence should be the main thing to look for in a captain. They will get other players to play to the abilities, hopefully to turn a draw into a win/loss into a draw.

I have a keeper in my squad with Eccentricity of 20, but I've only once seen him do anything out of the ordinary and that was just a short dribble about 15yds outside of his area with all of the opposition in their own half. Hardly eccentric behaviour. So, unless anyone else has in game examples of Eccentricity in action, I wouldn't take too much notice of it.

I've never really seen Eccentricity as a very important stat for keepers. I prefer it lower but it won't stop me signing a keeper, it would help me choose between two evenly matched keepers though.

As for eccentric saves, I think he didn't want to touch it with his hands because of the backpass, but it's still an insane looking piece of goalkeeping from

. The follow up save is pretty amazing as well.

Archived