The FM08 Career Thread

Im predicted to finish 21st in the Blue square south .

Im hoping for a top 16 finish myself , with a couple of good cup runs to boost my finances .

I am £1k under my wage budget so i have funds to sign a few unnatched players , but i dont want to big of a squad , around 24 first team players should do it . 2 GK , 8 D , 10 M , 4 F

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks,

I've got a player who came up through the ranks here at Dorchester and he's got 20 teams interested in him. Icluding championship side Wolves!

Take a look;

Liam Adair - http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg255/siradamc/LiamAdair.jpg

Great Defensive stats e.g. Marking , Tackling and positioning .

Yeah im working on a shoe string budget aswell , makes it more of a challenge , thats my excuse lol

oh, your right... Didn't see that. There go my super natural mathematic skills again...

After 7 league games my Dorchester side are on quality form and I hope it can last. We are in 4th with 13 points! With 4 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats the side looks promising :)

Good luck darren :thup:

smithers that's what I thought as well. Has good physical stats as well. True it makes it harder with a rubbish budget, but I still wouldn't say no to 30 million :D

Kuban - Russian Premier Division - 2020

Media Prediction: 13th

Transfer Budget: £6mill

Transfers

In th Premier Division, clubs are allowed 5 foreign players in their starting eleven rather than the three allowed in the first division. As a result, I was able to bring in a few foreign players to improve the team. Moraes, Belhadj and Saucedo were the players signed.

Finding Russians proved harder and even players from relegated Zenit turned me down. Zlobin was brought in as I was not happy with my previous keeper but that was my last transfer before the season started.

In August, I signed a left midfielder in Andrey Shutov to replace the ageing Fomin. Mitin and Sharov were also brought in as young backups.

The only noteable exits were Roman Buznikin and Alexandr Tomilin.

Transfers

League

Seeing Zenit and FC Moscow relegated last season didnt exactly fill me with confidence but as I looked closer at the level of opposition, I really felt my team could compete. After a decent start, we sat 4th in the table after 10 games. Howevere, we were largely inconsistant, winning 5-0 one week and losing 3-0 the next. The season then took a turn for the worse and 4 losses in 5 games dropped us into the bottom half.

Going into the mid season break, we sat 10th in a very tight league. Spartak Moscow were running away with it at the top but the rest of the teams were tightly packed. We needed to find some form and we did just that. In our next 9 games, we won 8 and drew the other one and climbed up the table towards the Eurpean places. In Russia, the top 2 qualify for the Champions League, 3rd place gets into the EURO Cup and 4th gets a place in the EURO Vase. Our run came to an abrupt end as we lost 4-0 to leaders Spartak but with five games to go we were within 3 points of 2nd.

An amazing 8-0 victory over Luch ended their challenge and put me 2nd but a draw to Rubin then dropped us down to 4th. With 3 games left, just 3 points separated 2nd and 4th. Europe was looking guarenteed but what competition would it be?

A 3-2 win against CSKA left it in our hands. Currently 2nd, my final two games were against 4th placed Rostock and 3rd placed Saturn. Then, disaster. A 4-1 defeat to Rostock meant I had to beat Saturn and hope Luch could beat Rostock in the final game. I did my bit with a 1-0 victory but a dominant Rostock secured their champions league place with a 4-0 win. Still, a 3rd place finish means we qualify for the EURO Cup - a remarkable achievement in our first year back in the top flight.

Cups

Russian Cup: Through to Quarter Finals

The Russian Cup spans over two seasons and I am still in it going into next season.

Summary

Another brilliant season. Spartak look dominant so a title may be out of reach but a Chsmpions League spot is a real possibility next season. A lot of my success is down to my strikers Rajkovic and Kadushkin. However, I am unsure if I will be able to keep them as a number of teams are interested and I have already rejected bids from the likes of Barcelona.

Squad

Last seasons aims

- Consolidate in the Premier Divison - ACHIEVED

- Make it through to the next stage of the Russian Cup - ACHIEVED

Next seasons aims

- Qualify for the Champions League

- Reach the final of the Russian Cup

- Reach the Group Stage of the EURO Cup

Career so far

2007-2008 Stafford Rangers BSP - 16th (Took over in March)

2008-2009 Stafford Rangers BSP - 12th

2009-2010 Stafford Rangers BSP - 13th

2010-2011 Macclesfield BSP - 4th (Took over in October, beaten in playoff semi)

2011-2012 Macclesfield BSP - 2nd (Playoff winners)

2012-2013 Macclesfield League 2 - 15th

2013-2014 Macclesfield League 2 - 22nd

2014-2015 Macclesfield League 2 - 2nd (Promoted)

2015-2016 Macclesfield League 1 - 16th

2016-2017 Macclesfield League 1 - 12th

2017-2018 Macclesfield League 1 - 10th

2018-2019 Macclesfield League 1 - 1st (Promoted as Champions)

2019 Kuban Russian First Division - 2nd (Took over in August, Promoted)

2020 Kuban Russian Premier Division - 3rd (Qualified for EURO Cup)

Honours

2010 Setanta Shield winners (Stafford)

2012 BSP Playoff Winners (Macclesfield)

2015 Coca Cola League 2 Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2015 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2016 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2018 JPT Runners Up (Macclesfield)

2019 Coca Cola League 1 Winners (Macclesfield)

2019 Russian First Division Runners Up (Kuban)

Well i've started! leagues loaded are: Croatia, England, Holland, Italy, Russia, Spain, Scotland,and Ukraine. All playable divsions in all leagues.

After going on hol I was offerd the job at Stafford Rangers a week into pre-season.

This Season's Aims

Not get relegated

Try for a cup run

Hopefully pre season doesnt refelct the season ahead , as i havent won a single game so far

Lost 1-2 away to Slough

Lost 0-1 home to Stevenage

Lost 1-2 away to Canvey Island

Lost 0-6 home to QPR reserves

Lost 3-2 home to Hucknall

Lost 1-2 home to Hinckly

Barnet home ???

Wycombe u18 away ???

I realised I missed out a year in my career table.

This is what it should be like:

My Career:

Year        Club                   League                      Finished                  extra info
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2007/08     Ben Hur                Argentine 2nd Division      17th                      Joined 29th April when in relegation zone, 
                                                                                        so Saved us from relegation. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008/09     Ben Hur                Argentine 2nd Division      19th                      Relegated, resigned. 
                                                                                        Joined LRMI shortly afterwards.
2009/10     Leigh RMI              Blue Square North           3rd                       Promoted through play-offs!
2010/11     Leigh RMI              Blue Square Premier         20th                     Fluked survival
2011/12     Leigh RMI              Blue Square Premier         21st                     Relegated and resigned and became Dorchester boss
2012/13     Dorchester             Blue Square South           1st                      Champions and promotion

And with Dorchester after 22 games I'm in 12th, only 6 points away from play-offs though, so anything can happen.

Good luck darren, Charlesbeams and ToMexico.

smithers - Not the greatest set of preseason results but they are only friendlies.

AdamC - Cheers, things are looking a lot more positive than they were after 3 bottom half finishes with Stafford. 7th! Very impressive. Good luck, anything can happen as there is still a long way to go.

ToMexico - Good luck with the new career mate :thup:, I think your other career was quite decent if I remember correctly.

smithers - yeah as robbo said they're just friendlies. I never take anything from friendly results to be honest.

robbo - Yeah thanks, we've actaully shot up to 4th now and have a chance of another title challenge! But I'm just hoping for some form of promotion. I think it's starting to become your real big kick start to your career at Kuban.

Finally decided to post who i have taken over. This was my first contract offer after 2 days of holidaying, I vowed to myself to take the first offer that came up and i'm quite pleased with the outcome.

Contract Offer

So, Nikolas Matisja of Montenegro takes over at Stal Dniprodzergyns'k other wise known as Stal Dn of Ukraine Persha Liha division. I've inherited a average squad but looks good enough to achieve a good position in my first season. Had a successful pre season bringing a few players to strengthen certain areas and having Shaktar as a parent club will be a big help throughout my seasons with the club.

Right, earlier than planned, here is my season review.

2013/14

The season for me pretty much began on 1st January 2014. I was manager of Finland and playing the odd meaningless friendly when I started to become linked to jobs. I became the frontrunner of the Istres job in France after they had just had a board takeover and sacked their manager. I declined to comment, as I was happy just at Finland, but they soon offered me the job and I decided to accept.

As the transfer window had just begun I brought in a number of players just to make the squad bigger, including one of the best young Finnish players around in 18 year old Ari Forsstrom. They were in mid-table when I found them and that is where they finished, in 9th position in Ligue 2 Orange. An awful lot of players are coming in on frees in the summer, including 2 midfielders from Morrocco (back when i managed them) and Young Boys young goalkeeper Hermann Fischer, who came in on loan at the end of the year. The problem with this is that the wage bill is alarmingly bad and a lot of fringe players have to go. If I'm still there....

I say this because after a poor African Cup Of Nations Ghana sacked their manager and, being in the World Cup, I applied and got it. So, a decent World Cup and my rep should absolutely soar. Just being Ghana manager has got me repeatedly linked to the Basel job in Switzerland (if you don't know, one of the best sides in Switzerland) so who knows what the future holds?

Sounds like quite an interesting career. Did you start the game as Finland manager and also can I ask, what is your nationality in the game?

I'm guessing French because you were offered a French club?

My stafford game has got off to a okish start. P6 W3 D2 L1. Only thing is, most of my fm08 playing time has been around the BSP and BSN/BSS so am thinking of starting again with england only down to league 2 and maybe have a couple of new leagues just so I can experince some different leagues.

Good luck with Stal Dniprodzergyns'k ToMexico :thup:

Decent start darren, It's less of a challenge if you have it down to League 2 though, as your rep will start better. But hey, if you don't like the BSN/S I dont blame you for wanting to start again.

I have decided to start again as on 2nd thoughts I just didnt want to start on England. After thinkig about waht adam said re reputation I included England down to BSP & BSN/BSS, however I made my mind up that I wouldnt accpet a job in England as my first job.

I wish now I hadent thought of that! This is who I now manage RussianFirstDivisionLeagueTable-1.png

And this is my squad SpartakRyazanSpartakRyazan_Players.png

I have quit my game , dont like managing in BSS . Might start off as Newcastle manager hmmmmm.

i know how you feel about the BSN/BSS managing, i hate it too haha.

i think you'd have to post in the other career thread, for bigger clubs, if you choose Newcastle.

Thanks Adam C. Mr Jackson was a bit of a legend on my game, although his stats were absolutely awful.

I enjoy LLM, other than the huge debts I always rack up.

Hey Darren I wouldn't be too down hearted, you had an bad team that's why you were so far adrift to start with, the new players will need time to gel and I imagine your morale must be completely shot as well as getting a player sent off. I'm a Derby fan and just do what Paul Jewell did last season, look to next season ;).

Thanks Zellix, I did slightly better then Paul Jewell and Derby did-I won two games!:D However it wasnt enough to save them, was relegated with 4 games to go and as I was in the bottom div felt it was best to resign before the sack. On hol now waiting my next job offer.

my career so far

Spartak Ryazan-left after 15 games due to relegation

just realised i have £0 transfer budget and £0 wage budget (but i can still get free players, and they dont seem to care that im £6k over).

also because i didnt qualify in third division (i joined when it finished) i have to wait til january for competitive games, so im just playing a few friendlies with other div 3 sides that didnt make it.

i think my team for the state championship will probably be all loan players haha.

My sides promotion push looks like it's over, but there's still a slight, slight chance of making the play-offs. But, We're loking good in both the FA Trophy Cup, and the Setanta Shield, In The FA trophy Cup we're in the 4th round which is the round before the semi-finals and in the Setanta Shield we're in the semi final.

Breaking News

Former England international Robert Dawson was today confirmed as Russian 1st Division side Textilschik-Telecom Ivanovo manager. The move, seen as a suprise to some, begins Dawson's mangering career. Signing a two year contract his main goal will be to survive in the 1st Division for that time.

We will keep you up updated as to how his career progresses.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career History

2007 Textilschik-Telecom Ivanovo - ongoing currently 13th at mid season

After Leaving russia in oct, yhe only people to offer me a job were Fisher in BSS. I accepted the challnge of keeping them up (they are 21st with 10 games to go) but my contrat is only till the end of the season. Really need to keep them up as I dont think 2 relegations in my first 2 jobs would look good on my cv! :D

Good Luck Blowcrapup, it's fun in russia

What a season we're having. We've just edged off Torquay thanks to a penalty in Extra time, so we're now in the Setanta Shield Final. And after that 7-1 first leg win over Chesterfield, it looks like we're in that final as well.

We are officially in both the FA Trophy final an the Setanta Shield final. We have now no real hopes of play-offs as we are 8 points off with only 12 points left to win. But I'm now considering my future, as the board are not yet willing to give me a new contract, (mine runs out at end of the season) and they have discussed replacements fo my job.

Archived