Football Manager Wiki

Probably, we do need an advertisement somewhere though.

4000 visits is impressive though.

Yeah, but it'd be absolutely ridiculous to start advertising something to people who already know about the product.

The place to advertise your sites is the fansites forum. I know you're going to say that it's a project & not a fansite, but if blogs count, I'm sure wiki projects will count as well.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, but it'd be absolutely ridiculous to start advertising something to people who already know about the product.

The place to advertise your sites is the fansites forum. I know you're going to say that it's a project & not a fansite, but if blogs count, I'm sure wiki projects will count as well.

It would definitely help but I reckon we need an official advertisement, either a small reference at the top of GD or even in the links thread.

It would definitely help but I reckon we need an official advertisement, either a small reference at the top of GD or even in the links thread.

I will revive the links thread later tonight then, if it's agreed that it'd be a good idea. I'm sure there's plenty of topics to be added by now.

Yeah that is good work ssestig. :thup:

I was looking through that spammers history and it must be automated as they were literally making around 4 edits every hour of every day since last Thursday evening and I mean every hour. The other thing that makes me think it is automated is why are they just doing that to the 1 page? I just unprotected it a second ago and unblocked both ips and at that exact moment it happened again. So it is protected again and only 1 ip is blocked but the other one is doing nothing at the moment but I bet you if we unprotect the talk page it will happen again from that ip.

I think that it is best having the whole thing protected as if someone wants to contribute then, they will be more than happy to create an account and it at least lets us have a name for the spammers and means that they have to sign-up to spam which will annoy them and take them longer.

As well, as keeping out automated systems.

Yeah I was thinking that myself Rob but we have had very little difficulties really and I see some people that are not registered have made some good edits so I think let's leave it for the moment. If it got really bad then that is certainly an option.

Yeah I was thinking that myself Rob but we have had very little difficulties really and I see some people that are not registered have made some good edits so I think let's leave it for the moment. If it got really bad then that is certainly an option.

I agree with this. It's fine for now, but we should change it as soon as things start to get out of hand.

Yeah, I guess your right, there have been some good edits by anonymous people.

As long as we have the option open to do it, we will always be alright.

But, if members continued to join and then, spam, what would we do?

As if we banned them, they could just re-join.

And, if we banned the ISP, then wouldn't we have to contact the ISP provider or something.

He had a hissy because someone moaned at him for copying and pasting a thread from here into his forum.

Thanks.

A bit trivial to close a forum on don't you think?

Who complained? :D Sorry just trying to get my facts straight

I am busy at the current moment making a different website so, I won't have much time for contributing this week but will do odd bits.

BTW, I created a discussion page about the affiliates. It was concerning Johny's forum but seeing as that is gone, it isn't about that but I still think that us core members should discuss the affiliates.

Now that's an idea!

I see you've been working on a few articles today. Cheers for that ssestig, your work seems to go unnoticed around here :D

Just want to keep the Crewe players and team sections up to date. Nothing worse than having information that could be linked that isn't too. KUTGW guys.

Just to bulk out the Wiki, could we have seperate pages for small things, such as stadiums? Like, a page on the Emirates, etc etc. Might not be that useful but it adds another dimension to the project. Or even just add in the interesting ones, like Hull's stadium that isn't the KC.

Just been on there now, and there was someone who had edited the main page. Have a look in the history page, but it isn't suitable imo and should get him a warning/whatever is given. I've edited it back, can't remember if it was that exactly but it was something like that.

Just been on there now, and there was someone who had edited the main page. Have a look in the history page, but it isn't suitable imo and should get him a warning/whatever is given. I've edited it back, can't remember if it was that exactly but it was something like that.

This isn't the first time he's done it either :rolleyes:

I'm starting to think that it might be a good idea to only allowed registered users to edit pages.

Definately an option available :)

The idea behind allowing it is so that anybody can edit stuff in whether registered or not thus giving a larger user base to who edits. However, with an already active user base who are editing (yourselves!) allowing registered users only to edit may be beneficial :)

Just to bulk out the Wiki, could we have seperate pages for small things, such as stadiums? Like, a page on the Emirates, etc etc. Might not be that useful but it adds another dimension to the project. Or even just add in the interesting ones, like Hull's stadium that isn't the KC.

Yes, I think that that could be interesting.

It wouldn't be viewed that much but would be interesting nethertheless.

Has anyone else realised that Reading's pitch on the game is synthetic?

I'm sure that it's not IRL.

Right guys, I feel it might be a good idea to have a look at some of our current articles & expand on them before diving into new pages. So, this is how things stand at the moment:

Empty Articles

Coaches

Holiday

Physios

D.C. United

Chicago Fire

Chivas USA

Colorado Rapids

Columbus Crew

D.C. United

FC Dallas

Houston Dynamo

Kansas City Wizards

New England Revolution

New York Red Bulls

Real Salt Lake

Redditch

San Jose Earthquakes

Toronto

China - Chinese Super League and Jia League

Scottish Premier League

Training Facilities

Championship Manager 03/04

Stubs

"The Bojan Bug"

Facepacks

Skins

Team Logos and Kits

Database Editor

German National Team

Regen Editing - How to add your own regen

Football Manager 2006

Football Manager Handheld

Football Manager Live

Championship Manager

Sports Interactive

Steam

Anatoli Todorov

Landon Donovan

*Nothing wrong with these "stubs", I just feel that they could do with a bit more content.

So, if anyone has any knowledge or interest in working on on those topics, could you please have a look at them. Thanks :)

I'm going to add a bit onto some of the stubs as soon as possible.

Right guys, I feel it might be a good idea to have a look at some of our current articles & expand on them before diving into new pages. So, this is how things stand at the moment:

Empty Articles

Coaches

Holiday

Physios

D.C. United

Chicago Fire

Chivas USA

Colorado Rapids

Columbus Crew

D.C. United

FC Dallas

Houston Dynamo

Kansas City Wizards

New England Revolution

New York Red Bulls

Real Salt Lake

Redditch

San Jose Earthquakes

Toronto

China - Chinese Super League and Jia League

Scottish Premier League

Training Facilities

Championship Manager 03/04

Stubs

"The Bojan Bug"

Facepacks

Skins

Team Logos and Kits

Database Editor

German National Team

Regen Editing - How to add your own regen

Football Manager 2006

Football Manager Handheld

Football Manager Live

Championship Manager

Sports Interactive

Steam

Anatoli Todorov

Landon Donovan

*Nothing wrong with these "stubs", I just feel that they could do with a bit more content.

So, if anyone has any knowledge or interest in working on on those topics, could you please have a look at them. Thanks :)

I'm going to add a bit onto some of the stubs as soon as possible.

Done a very light draft of the 'holiday' section but could someone improve it and add a picture when you get the chance. Thanks.

Actually, there is something wrong with one of the stubs and it is mine.

It is the Regen Editing article, as I have only outlined why would you want to add your own regens, and not explained how yet.

I will go into more detail on more articles tomorrow.

[Which pages need developing]

I'm glad to see that I made none of them, thought I had left one blank for a bit:D

I'll try and develop the FMH page in a minute, but I need to do the PSV page first.

-------------------------------

Out of interest, why do we have discussions? Surely we can just use this forum?

Archived