Football Manager Wiki

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:o NO! I forgot :D

Will get on to it, expect it up sometime tomorrow, or friday.

I am starting to do what you have done for the clubs, for the national teams....well, just England so far, take a look.

It should help people managin nations see which players they have available at a glance, as well as information on how to use them. And, I know that there is already a notable players section but hardly any of them have profiles, so this will be easy for them to see the ones with profiles, and view them, as some of them won't be included in the notable players section.

I am starting to do what you have done for the clubs, for the national teams....well, just England so far, take a look.

It should help people managin nations see which players they have available at a glance, as well as information on how to use them. And, I know that there is already a notable players section but hardly any of them have profiles, so this will be easy for them to see the ones with profiles, and view them, as some of them won't be included in the notable players section.

Shall we include players that have already played for their country in these?

Oh, dudes. Want me to do anything for FM Wiki? Whatever happened to the Fanzine, too? We should start that up again.

Hi Nep. Anything at all would help, tbf. Some pages haven't updated to be relevant to FM10, some pages have been started but not finished (like the league editor files page, which is my bad to be fair) and there are some stubs that have needed looking at for a while.

We're also lacking in pages related to CSE if you're interested in writing anything on that. There are some here but still not that much.

Oh, and the fanzine idea kinda fell apart months ago. Might be worth a shot bumping the old thread on it (will try to find linkage) or starting a new one. I know for sure that I won't be able to commit to something like that anymore, anyway.

Link

Unfortunately Andrew Smylie isn't on the official SI database otherwise we would definitely have had a page on him months ago Tom. :D Most of the player histories have the English team categories at least (if they've played in England) and they should be done by the end of the year when I have time. :)

Unfortunately Andrew Smylie isn't on the official SI database otherwise we would definitely have had a page on him months ago Tom. :D Most of the player histories have the English team categories at least (if they've played in England) and they should be done by the end of the year when I have time. :)

He still deserves a page though stig! :D

I've sorted out the team categories into a category of its own that can be accessed via the player profile section.

Do you think we could have a section on favourite regens where we can upload a screenshot of our favourite regens and do a profile on them. (One way to include Smylie Tom ;))

*Notices Tom's attempt to get more recognision of Brennan ;)*

Damn, somebody noticed my thinly veiled "Brennan is a legend" post :D

I'm writing up a list of potential legends as we speak, and tbh, there's millions of them :eek: Loads from NepentheZ, rancer890 and a few from others such as Ridleys, DodgeeD, TaylorB, mag man, santy001 and myself!

Ok, so far i've found the following players that are deemed worthy of inclusion in the legends category should the idea get the go ahead from people other than me and stig:

Danny Roberts - dafuge

Ryan Gaughan - dafuge

Paul Wallace - NepentheZ

Andrew Smylie - NepentheZ

Frank Dunlop - NepentheZ

Gareth Black - NepentheZ

John Adams - NepentheZ

Kevin Fry - NepentheZ

Carlo Milosevic - Rickaldo

Liu Lijia - rancer890

Zhu Jinhui - rancer890

Javier - rancer890

Vlastimil Vaclavik - DodgeeD

Josué Ramos - DodgeeD

Jake Carpenter - mag man

Charlie Margot (aka. mag man jr) - mag man

John Puckett - hamilton162

Bernard Brennan - hamilton162

Dong Tao - TaylorB

Kerrison - santy001

Josef Svec - kroblues

Dean Evans - Ridleys

Phew! :D

I think only regens that are well known around CSE (and Careers forum or anywhere else) should be written about. Will this all be on one page or are you thinking a page for every player?

Jammy isn't posting on the SI forums anymore (for now at least) btw. I spoke to him about this a few weeks ago and doesn't sound like he's interested in coming back and posting regularly any time soon. We all know he'll come crawling back eventually though... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but are legendary regen's from the CSE forum really that important?

I know this is all for fun and you guys have put in a lot of hard work already, but surely there are other things that would be more interesting from a general fan/noob of FM's point of view. The Nation guides for example, only has guides for 9 different nations.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but are legendary regen's from the CSE forum really that important?

I know this is all for fun and you guys have put in a lot of hard work already, but surely there are other things that would be more interesting from a general fan/noob of FM's point of view. The Nation guides for example, only has guides for 9 different nations.

Agreed, but it's easier said than done. Most of the regular editors on the site (myself included) haven't been able to contribute as much over the last few months for one reason or another, one of the admins has left the forums completely as well so it's tough to get anything done. Then those few who do contribute regularly to the site, well, they're only going to write about what they know and want to write about.

Since jammy's left I don't think any regular editor is an 'expert' at player/team advice so we're pretty much screwed there. We could take guides from GPTG'ers with their permission, but that's about it. Don't think there are many nation guides in GPTG anyway.

Edit: Oh, and a little update on expanding the site to FML - JJay said he'll be merging his old FML wiki with our site after the FML reset in March.

I think we should do it now. If it isn't done by next week, I probably won't have time to help at all. I bumped the GPTG thread yesterday, but didn't get many responses. I must ask Jammy if he PM'ed people asking for permission for the 09 guides.

I'll add Hopey's Lyon thread in a bit, he gave us permission to use his.

Just wanted to say well done to all those who have contributed to the Wiki this year, and hopefully we'll see the continuation of that :)

Happy New Year to you all, hope you all have a good one. Hope you all had a good Christmas too :)

I do them mostly and certainly. I'll sort out the 09 ones first before putting the 10 ones on. Start with the Prem ones first whilst I sort out the 09 ones mate.

Happy new year to everyone too.

What does everyone think of players having an info box in the top right corner giving DOB, main position, other positions, starting club, starting wage, nationality, other nationalities?

Stig, since you're the main person in charge of the team guides, do you want to start the 'can we use your team guide' thread for FM10 in GPTG? Hopey gave me permission to start a new thread.

I'll try to help where I can with the guides, but I don't have much time on my hands these days so I'm not sure how much I can do.

Archived