Football Manager Wiki

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done :thup:

I reckon our main target should be to generally make more pages on things related to Football Manager. For example, we could make pages on Beta testing, Bugs (saying what a bug is) and generally some more miscellaneous pages.

Do you reckon we could make a new thread asking for people to say what else they think we could make pages on? We need to know what people want from the site.

I could probably help a bit with miscellaneous pages, although I'm not sure what's left to write about there.

A beta testing page couldn't be done as it's closed testing and you have to sign an NDA - unless I'm missing something here?

I'd be reluctant on starting another FM Wiki thread in this forum, as we're lucky enough to be allowed just the one thread here.

Oh, and I posted our EDT, DDT and LNC files guide up in the editors' forum. I was updating their forum resources and FAQs sticky yesterday and noticed there wasn't anything on them so I posted it up. Linkage

That is all you can think of? Deary me :D

I don't think there's much point compiling a list of bugs in FM09. Sounds like more effort than it's worth - I mean who would come onto a site to read about everything dragging the quality of the game down?

I've made the page on bugs, it's got 5 of the biggest bugs from this years game.

I've seen you say a few times that it 'Sounds like more effort than it's worth', isn't the point of a wiki to have as much information on as many topics as possible? People don't want to go onto a site that sits and sucks SI's arse, that'd be pointless. People want the real, honest, stuff, and bugs are a big part of the game.

It's got nothing to do with kissing SI's ass - I just don't think many people would have any interest in reading about problems that were in the game. Because of this, I won't contribute to that page. It isn't to say you can't write about it - it just means that I don't want to spend my time working on something which I don't feel would contribute much to the site.

If you were only planning on mentioning the main bugs, that's great - but honestly if you were thinking of compiling a definitive list of FM09 bugs I think it'd be more effort than it's worth (;)).

You seriously think I would even try and write down every bug from FM09? Not only would that be a complete waste of time, but it would be boring to read and half of the bugs are barely noticeable.

I just think it's useful to have some of the biggest bugs that have been in the game, seeing as these are the things that have ruined the experience for some.

Aha :D Can't you see just how graceful I am?

Any update on what's happening with the team pages yet mate?

I've been ill for the past week so making massive changes to pages on the wiki was the last of my worries. I'll get back to it probably after the FLS tonight.

Also the Spanish registration bug where a B/C player would take your A team player's 'squad slot'.

Do we really need the about page to be linked to on the sidebar? It is linked to across the bottom of every page after all..

Jammy, is there something on templates you need explaining. The way you're using a template for every text box makes me think you're not sure on their uses :D

Your FM 2010 pre-order page is useful!

Good work guys.

Glad you found it useful. I had a load more pre-order stores listed on the site a while back, but I accidentally deleted it and can't for the life of me figure out how to find it so I can't restore it :(

Archived