Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

^ You probably only downloaded the torrent file and not the actual exe file. See page 19 of this thread for some direct links and download from there. If those don't work try a google search.

If the file you downloaded was a .rar then you need WinRAR to extract the exec file. Search the internet for WinRAR.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
originally posted by glenjamin:-

Nope still ain't working. Anytime I click onto the icon it asks where to open it to. I've tried all sorts of different patches but no luck at all.

This thread has as detailed an explanation as can be given:-

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9482076743/m/5032005593

originally posted by BJG123:-

Is there a direct download? I can't use a torrent programme on my uni connection.

See page 19 and a post by iceshake.

There is also a filefront download in the thread I linked to above.

Is there anyway that I can download the update WITHOUT having to use a TORRENT? I don't like them.

Part of me thinks you're just being a wind up merchant, but benefit of the doubt and all that. Just read the last 6 posts to answer your question.

How do I get this to work?

8.0.2 Football Manager patch released and updated 20/2/08

I have down loaded it but cant get it to run.

Please help as scottish league doesnt give fixtures for 2nd season

Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

8.0.2 Football Manager patch released and updated 20/2/08

20/2/08

We've updated the patches below with the Defoe fix plus a change to the Turkish finances. The Worldwide Soccer Manager and Futbol Manager digital download patches are still undergoing testing and will be available soon

All mirrors will be updated from tomorrow

---

As you are no doubt aware, it Valentine's Day! And, just in case you haven't got any cards, we have a lovely Valentine's day gift for you (with love). Of course, it's the Football Manager 2008 update patch v8.0.2.

The update includes all of the transfers from the January transfer window and the latest (and hopefully final) patch for Football Manager 2008, Worldwide Soccer Manager 2008 & Futbol Manager 2008 - you can find the right update for your version of the FM patch at the link below.

Unless otherwise stated, the files listed are torrent files. You will require a Bittorrent client which you can download for free from bittorrent.com.

Football Manager 2008 - official torrent downloads

PC (boxed) **UPDATED 20/2/08**

Mac (boxed) OFFICIAL TORRENT FILE **UPDATED 20/2/08**

Worldwide Soccer Manager

PC (boxed) **UPDATED 20/2/08**

PC (digital download versions) **UPDATED 21/2/08**

Mac (boxed) **UPDATED 20/2/08**

Mac (digital download esellerate) **UPDATED 21/2/08**

Futbol Manager

PC (digital download versions) **UPDATED 21/2/08**

Mac (digital download esellerate) **UPDATED 21/2/08**

PLEASE ensure that you keep the bittorrent client open after you've downloaded to help people be able to get the file.

Mirrors downloads will appear here shortly.

Hey guys

if u all enjoy managing a football team, join

xperteleven.com its completely free and u can manage, buy, sell and train your players

If u are interested visit www.xperteleven.com and join my private league. Its for anyone who is interested my league ID is 153585

As soon as i have 6 teams i will start the league so think fast and dont miss the chance!

If there are any queries email me at Josepi_G@msn.com icon_smile.gif

Hi, I need some help!!!

I just downloaded the file and successfully installed it onto my mac. However when loading the database to start the game halfway through it stops and says "data base cant be loaded"

Can anyone tell me how to fix this, would be much appreciated!

Originally posted by Mike~:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iceshake:

If you want to obtain the torrent, you can get it from here http://torrents.sigames.com:7000/ OR

you can just download it from my mirrors below.

Mirrors of the updated 8.02 patch:

Football Manager 2008 - PC (boxed)

http://www.ut3.yourfirstcreditcard.com/fm2008_802_boxed_pc.rar

Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the updated version of the patch? I presume so.

This is more than annoying and I hope someone can help me!

I have just bought and downloaded the digital version of FM 2008 and I'm deperately looking to download the right patch version. I have learnt that I need a different patch than when I would have bought the CD version.

Crusing thru different forums I just found a lot of blah blah about the patch - but no link where I can download it. I didn't even find any info about the 8.0.1 patch for the digital version.

I really wonder if digital version users are something like second class customers.

Can someone please provide me with a working link that gets me the latest version for my digital downloaded FM2008?

Please...

Thanks

Scherli

Folks, I'm sorry for the last post regarding the digital version and the missing patch. After a few frustrating hours of installing, uninstalling, installing again and so on I found out that patch 8.0.2 is already included in the digital version. So sorry for that post, I'm a happy FM2008 player now icon_cool.gif

I downloaded the 8.02 patch but when I try to install the patch, roughly halfway through, it stops and shows "Error reading file block 47".

Now I've tried uninstalling an reinstalling football manager to no avail, so does anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks

@ fergie83

Which of these images does the file you downloaded look like:-

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1310/patchue4.jpg

If it is the first one from the left just double click it and it will self install.

If it is the second one from the left you right click it and select extract here. When it is finished doing it's a thing you should see a file appear that looks like the first image from the left. Then double click it and it will self install.

If it is the third image from the left it means you don't have the necessary program to open it. Right click it and select properties. If the file type says it is a WinRAR or Zip archive then you need to download a program to extract the exe file. Go here for a free program to use:-

http://www.7-zip.org/

Before deciding which one to download go here

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

to find out how to identify if you are on a 32 bit or 64 bit Operating System. I would recommend the non beta version which is one of the first two possible downloads you see on the 7-zip website.

Once you've downloaded and installed 7-Zip your system should recognise the file and it will change to a .rar file. In which case it will look like the second one from the left and you right click it and select extract here. When it is finished doing it's a thing you should see a file appear that looks like the first image from the left. Then double click it and it will self install.

guys...need a favour from u..i have dloaded the new patch for FM 2008..but after i got it installed in my PC i was unable to get it run? it says.."pls insert your FM 2008 cd" and after i do the cracking..the version is not updated..can someone help me on this?

Originally posted by neomedicas:

guys...need a favour from u..i have dloaded the new patch for FM 2008..but after i got it installed in my PC i was unable to get it run? it says.."pls insert your FM 2008 cd" and after i do the cracking..the version is not updated..can someone help me on this?

...lol

Guest Peter_dk

I may be daft but I can't find a patch for the digital version of Football Manager anywhere. There's one for Futbol Manager and for WSM but none for the European version of the game which I just purchased online and downloaded via Boonty. I tried with the patch for the boxed version but the game wants a cd now.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Peter

I purchased the game through Steam. So I never received a disk. Unfortunately, for me, after updating the game it now asks for the disc to run. I am still waiting for a response from Steam, hopefully they will send the disk. If not, I may need to uninstall and just play original update I guess. Sucks for me!

originally posted by fergie83:-

I think im daft or something, can anyone send me a link to down load the new patch for fm08 and then give me step by step instructions to dowload as anyone i try to download wont run?

http://files.filefront.com/Football+Manager+2008+802/;9631802;/fileinfo.html

Direct link to a compressed patch.

Click on the link then click 'Download Now'.

The file download interface will pop up. Click 'Save' and then select your desktop as the location by clicking desktop on the left pane so that it is highlighted. Click save again and wait for it to download.

When it is done saving right click the file fm2008_v802_pc.rar and select 'Extract here'. The .rar part might not be visible depending on your Windows options. After it has extracted a new icon will appear that looks like the FM 08 shortcut icon. Double click this and the patch will install itself.

i just downloaded it but now what do i do :S so i save it under game in the football manager folder?

Depends what you mean by it. Right click the file and look at 'Type of file'.

1. Application => double click and it will self install. Make sure your antivirus is switched off before you do this as there have been issues.

2. If the file type has archive in it => read my post just above yours.

3. If it says torrent somewhere in it then you need a torrent program to download but the torrent is probably dead at this stage. So do what it says in the post right above yours.

Hey, sorry to ask this question again, but this is getting annoying. I downloaded it and have it on my desktop. Whenever I try to install the patch, it always comes up to a prompt that wants you to browse for the game, and under details says that it could not locate FM 2008 installation folder, please browse and open fm.exe. My problem is that I go into my folder and fm.exe isn't there, even though I just removed fm and then reinstalled it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Archived