Happy Valentine's Day - FM 8.02 patch & data update available now! **UPDATED 20/2/08**

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent patch SI, wonderful work. icon14.gif

At least you guys actually CARE about customer feedback after you've released a product. Some developers, who I want to mention but i'm not sure I should, don't even bother to release a single patch even when their product is quite clearly bugged to hell and back.

SI is showing them how it should be done. Thanks guys. icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by cutterschoice:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Limewire is illegal right?

No

It's the content people tend to download/share that's illegal limewire it's self isn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well if it is not illegal, what do i do to not only download the content?! lol

cheers

Originally posted by crido:

once the torrent is complete what do you do. I use BitTorrent and it is on 100% but i don't know what to do now. Please help!!!!!

open the containing folder and extract the rar file. then run the exe file.

I think someone above had this problem also, but I couldn't see an answer for it, so I'll ask as well:

When I try to install the patch, it starts to update, and goes past file 5, but while updating file 6, I get the following error:

"Access to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008 was denied."

I've tried the possible solution given previously (switch off anti-virus), and checked and set all the permissions on the relevant folders, but I still get the error.

I used to have this patch running, but my computer broke down and had to be rebuilt, so everything is re-installed from scratch.

Can anyone help, as I have a game saved from when I had this patch working, and it won't load in the base game install...

I've downloaded BitTorrent and clicked on the patch but nothing seems to be happening. The 'Status' is 'Downloading' but it's not downloading. Is there something I'm supposed to do in BitTorrent that I'm not doing?

Originally posted by C7 icon_wink.gif:

ive now downloaded the patch.

it is in my limewire library...

what do i do now please anyone??

cheers

C7 icon_wink.gif

Hi man go to the file where you save your limewire documents in your C Drive and it should be there double click and finsh off the download. That should be it any more questions message me.

Help!! I am new to downloading these patches (what a world I have missed out on!!) I have downloaded the Bit Torrent software as earlier advised and I have since downloaded the patch which is now appearing on my desktop and on my C drive but when I fire up the game still showing version 8.0. There is obviously something I havent done...please help I have been trying to do it now for 2 days!!

Originally posted by F.C. P.A.O.K. SALONIKA 1926:

well,guys icon_razz.gif,does this patch fix the "array way out of bounds" error???????????? icon_confused.gif

I got that before but it was because i tried to use the fm07 soundpack for fm08. So it could be because of any add on's you have installed like gfx etc?

Originally posted by reidylufc:

I must be doing something wrong....if I click on the patch it shows it on the torrent file but I cant get it to give me the option to install anywhere? Ahhhh this is so frustrating!!

You have fully downloaded the file?

the data is changed in the way that it always is, and always will be.

Out of interest Miles, why? Surely including Future Transfers on their actual dates might make more sense; yes it might mess with players' attitudes etc., but that seems a lesser price to pay... I was just wondering what your rationale is.

Hi everyone, new to the forums but definitely not new to FM.

I am however a bit of a technophobe but would really like to download v8.0.2.

Thus far i have downloaded bit torrent and started downloading the file. However it is moving at such a ridiculously slow pace that it is going to take 6 days to complete. I am not sure my laptop will handle it!!

Is there a way of making it go more quickly or alternatively am I doing something completely wrong?

Thanks,

C

Hey, i'm new to torrents so could really do with some help... i have downloaded BitTorrent and downloaded the boxed 8.02 exe. When I open my BitTorrent it is listed as completed...

so how do i actually open the .exe and run the patch??? when i double click it just goes into the torrent properties...how do i run it???

any help much appreciated

Should have read this forum earlier ....

I was confused that BitTorrent was loading seeds and peers (whatever they do...) but having read the posts I just right clicked on the file that has been downloaded (fm2008_802_boxed etc) and clicked on open. Warning message about uploading files from untrusted source but clicked ok. Make a note where the file is to be saved and then, in explorer double click saved file.

Started the game and lo and behold, my French Ligue 2 players are not now all rated as best players in the team! I wonder how many disallowed goals there'll be now!

Kids, Good evening

I am Italian and I am looking for a forum with people who solve my problem: I bought football manager 2008 (not original), I installed the game, copied the crack in the game, and I click on the game and appears "disk inserted incorrectly. Please insert the CD / DVD original Football Manager 2008 SKU03 - Benelux.

What can I do? You help me please

and escuse me for my english

thanks

guys!

im new prob wrong place to be asking this but is fm live out on general sale now?!?!

cos it said march n everyones acting as though its out but i cant find anywhere to buy it or anything :S

reply quick please!

allgravy baby icon_wink.gif

Hi all!

Just enquiring about how I can download this patch!?!?

I have Windows Vista home basic with my laptop and my friend told me the reason FM '08 hasn't been working is because I need to download the patch, but I can't find out how to do it, and I was wondering if someone could send the link to download it from?!?!

Also, it doesn't involve payment, does it??

originally posted by skybluescott17:-

Hi all!

Just enquiring about how I can download this patch!?!?

I have Windows Vista home basic with my laptop and my friend told me the reason FM '08 hasn't been working is because I need to download the patch, but I can't find out how to do it, and I was wondering if someone could send the link to download it from?!?!

Also, it doesn't involve payment, does it??

originally posted by skybluescott17:-

?????????

Not being sarcastic or anything icon_smile.gif but is there any particular reason that you didn't search the forum (this thread in particular) or try searching on google in the 2 1/2 hours vetween those posts?

In any case see this thread

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9482076743/m/5032005593

for a direct link and instructions to install it icon14.gif.

originally posted by Delanebob:-

im trying 2 download the update for mac, but it wont download using bittorrent or limewire. and now when i click on de update 2 get it, it keeps timing out r says the sever is down, wats wrong wit it?

See the previous page on this thread and a post by iceshake for some direct download links.

Archived