FM21 Backgrounds: Competitions Pack

stevemc

Hi all,

I’ve been working on a number of background projects, this one is adding competition pictures to the backgrounds throughout the game from all over the world, I’ve been doing this for my own personal use, but decided to share with the community, something I've built up over 2-3 years now.

All are 2560x1600 at 227px, which is basically MacBook Pro Retina size, so the quality is superb in most instances. They have been compressed to their smallest file size possible without loss of quality. It currently covers 496 backgrounds over the world so it's pretty extensive (153Mb in file size) but I am however happy to update this over time, likewise if you notice any errors or any additions you'd like please let me know in this thread and I'll correct/add them.

Steps to add to your game;

1. Download here

2. Unzip and place here: ‎⁨ 

[PC] Documents⁩ ▸ ⁨Sports Interactive⁩ ▸ ⁨Football Manager 2021 ▸ ⁨graphics⁩ ▸ ⁨backgrounds⁩ ▸ ⁨comp

[MAC] Users ▸ YOURNAME ▸Library ▸ Application Support ▸ Sports Interactive ▸ Football Manager 2021 ▸ graphics ▸ backgrounds ▸ comp

3. Go to preferences (advanced and select interface) and ensure "Reload Skin" is ticked (you may need to clear your cache too) and click "confirm".

Please note: For these to work you'll need to use a custom or Base Skin with a transparency that supports backgrounds.

I have set one up here, but all credit is Michaeltmurrayukhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/qj7ebhz2eu067k4/base21_dark20_tr.zip/file

If you are going to redistribute these, please ask permission.

Enjoy...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some examples below:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Edited by stevemc

2 hours ago, bruntonpasty said:

Love it when the first skinners sort out the transparency on a new FM and we can get to work on downloading the awesome background pics, love and massively appreciate  your work @stevemc

Thanks mate, hope you enjoy them as much as I do 👍🏻

3 hours ago, bruntonpasty said:

Love it when the first skinners sort out the transparency on a new FM and we can get to work on downloading the awesome background pics, love and massively appreciate  your work @stevemc

Agreed. Why would I want a generic pitch background on every page? It's not 1995.

6 minutes ago, Lenzar said:

Agreed. Why would I want a generic pitch background on every page? It's not 1995.

I started my FM journey in the 90's, even games like Champ Man 97/98 had backgrounds on the screens, makes it more immersive in my opinion.

Just now, stevemc said:

I started my FM journey in the 90's, even games like Champ Man 97/98 had backgrounds on the screens, makes it more immersive in my opinion.

I think it was 'only' for the stadium pages.

Shows how easy it was to do. SI should just read the room and get rid of that purple nonsense - or at least make it optional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rodrigopelle132 said:

where should i put the base skin file?

PC] Documents⁩ ▸ ⁨Sports Interactive⁩ ▸ ⁨Football Manager 2021 ▸ ⁨graphics⁩ ▸ ⁨backgrounds⁩ ▸ ⁨comp

[MAC] Users ▸ YOURNAME ▸Library ▸ Application Support ▸ Sports Interactive ▸ Football Manager 2021 ▸ graphics ▸ backgrounds ▸ comp

They don't go in your skin folder.

1 hour ago, AndreaSSL said:

No background competition for  NOFV Oberliga Sud, NOFV Oberliga Nord, Regionalliga Nordost. Please add them

The reason those are not included as they are the 4th/5th tier of the German division and I could not find sufficient enough quality images of the trophy to create a background for them - if you can find high quality images, feel free to send them over and I'll include them.

9 ore fa, stevemc ha scritto:

The reason those are not included as they are the 4th/5th tier of the German division and I could not find sufficient enough quality images of the trophy to create a background for them - if you can find high quality images, feel free to send them over and I'll include them.

NOFV-Oberliga Nord and NOFV-Oberliga Sud trophy

Regionalliga Nordost trophy

imago0035074434w.jpg

imago0035074432w.jpg

gettyimages-533172046-2048x2048.jpg

Edited by AndreaSSL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@stevemc - I've taken a year out from FM & have just this week purchased FM21 & gone to find all the graphics packs... I'd just like to say a huge thank you for all your work. I'm using all your packs & the quality is absolutely top notch. You are a certified legend in my eye. Plus you're a Man Utd fan (Yes I saw those extra Utd pics) so that just confirms the legend status even more. 

Thank you very very much. 

On 14/08/2021 at 09:39, YAMS said:

@stevemc - I've taken a year out from FM & have just this week purchased FM21 & gone to find all the graphics packs... I'd just like to say a huge thank you for all your work. I'm using all your packs & the quality is absolutely top notch. You are a certified legend in my eye. Plus you're a Man Utd fan (Yes I saw those extra Utd pics) so that just confirms the legend status even more. 

Thank you very very much. 

Thanks mate, much appreciated :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...