Has anyone tried putting their DoF in charge of contract renewals and if so how did it go?

The one part of the game I struggle with most is contract renewals. When my players play well they tend to demand larger and larger pay rises and I have no idea what they are worth. Has anyone here devolved the responsibility for contracts renewals to  their DoF? I would do that, but going by FM20 I'm worried they'll make silly promises and I won't be able to veto them or worse, won't even notice until I've lost the dressing room. What is the system like in FM21?

Tried it for my armada of scouts. For some weird reason he offered six of them the Chief Scout position. Tried it for the second-rate youth intakes. Not happy with the promises made but the contracts themselves are fine. Same for my reserve team: Bad promises but surprisingly good contracts.

My idiot DoF gave most of my hot prospects from the youth team min fee release clauses when signing their first pro deal. I found out the hard way when one got poached by a bigger rival, the rest I had to hurriedly give new deals to weeks after signing pro terms before they got spirited away :(

My rule of thumb in FM is that anything you can do yourself (or automate/shedule yourself) is better done yourself. Training, recruiting, contracts, tactics, you name it. So in the end, you tend to only recruit the staff you cannot afford not to have for your club to work properly. It basically amounts to an AssMan, coaches, scouts and the medical department. That's about it really. The rest are highly expandable: HoYD are glorified coaches since intake quality does not depend of them and you're not counting on them to find players better than you can. Same with DoFs: glorified scouts once you remove their contractual and recruitment prerogatives. Data analysts are essentially assets to the scouting team more than necessary, as they can notice players by mentioning notable performances.

Il y a 2 heures, Piperita a dit :

Tried it for my armada of scouts. For some weird reason he offered six of them the Chief Scout position.

To be honest, the AI will gladly recommend your own staff as an improvement over... your current staff. :lol:

Edited by Xavier Lukhas

In a save in FM20 I didn´t tell him he was in charge but I would tell him who to renegotiate or negotiate with. I found out that he was a bit too happy to give players "star player" contracts.

So if you are looking for more control for yourself don't use him. 

It depends. And it depends a lot on how good his Negotiation skills are. 

My DoF has Negotiation 15, and I am happy to have him do contracts. But only manually (let DoF handle contract extension), and mainly for staff. 

He is actually so good, that I cannot use him to sign new players, because they won't come afterwards because of the bad contracts.

I'd never use him for my key prospects or players, though. 

Edited by Flinsenberger