[Sweden] (Official) League Specific Issues

Freddie Sands

• SI Staff

Please post any specific issues for Sweden competitions here. This is for any issue which does not relate to data and is for areas such as:

- Competition Rules (Leagues and Cups)
- Disciplinary Rules
- Transfer Rules

We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in here:

- State what you think is specifically wrong in your league.
- State how you think it should be working.
- State reasons/proof for your corrections/improvements.

Please note that specific data issues for Sweden should be posted in the Database and Research Issues forum.

Hey,

Allsvenskan 2020 started late because of covid-19 and i dont see why it should be like that in FM21. Under normal circumstances Allsvenskan starts around the 31 of march and not the 14 of June.

The reason I think it's important that the season starts earlier is that when Allsvenskan starts late the schedule gets very tight and that the first transfer window gets to short. 

Hi!

During the first season there are only 3 substitutions allowed. This has been changed to follow the other leagues with 5 substitutions allowed.

The transfer windows have also been changed during the 2020 season.

Extra transfer window: 31 May - 13 June

Summer transfer window: 29 July - 25 August

https://www.svenskfotboll.se/nyheter/serier/2020/7/nya-datum-transfer/

https://www.allsvenskan.se/nyheter/nyheter-fran-allsvenskan.se/fem-byten-i-de-hogre-forbundsserierna-2020

Hi all,

The beginning date is March 30th when starting a new save in early 2020 season but the Swedish Cup is played in February-March except the final in May.

As the Allsvenskan starts in June the schedule should be adjusted with the Cup fully played in April/May. Or at least the possibility to start the 2020 season earlier, in mid-January as it it usually. 

On 12/11/2020 at 11:56, Gdj said:

Hi all,

The beginning date is March 30th when starting a new save in early 2020 season but the Swedish Cup is played in February-March except the final in May.

As the Allsvenskan starts in June the schedule should be adjusted with the Cup fully played in April/May. Or at least the possibility to start the 2020 season earlier, in mid-January as it it usually. 

This year the cup was played as normal until, and including, the quarter finals. The semi finales were played in June, something which obviously should be reflected in the game as well.

Further on the start date of the season should either be before the cup starts, or the cup should be loaded with the real results.

Problems with the swedish league in FM21:

* during 2020 only 3 subs are allowed, while in real life it was changed to 5. 

* Most clubs are struggling economically, even before covid. Most clubs need to sell players to break even over a rolling 3-4 year average, but this is not reflected in the game. The expenses of each club need to be higher, especially when it comes to stadium rent or stadium maintenance. Transfer budgets are way too high after just one year if you play with one of the major clubs.

* The fixtures still get messed up. I made it into Champions League with Hammarby in season two and the end of the seasons looked like this:

FM needs to take this into account at the start of the season for teams playing in Europe, and instead of just pushing games forward, some of them need to be moved from the fall to the spring, like would happen in real life. I also had two derbies against aik and djurgarden two days before and two days after playing Bayern München in the CL, which was neither fun, nor realistic.

* transfer sums seems to be too low. The few swedish talents that exist in FM, like Anel Ahmedhodzic, were sold for barely a quarter of what you can expect them to sell for in real life. 

* when comparing to Norway and Denmark, there are way too few talents in Sweden. This is either due to norwegian/danish fm scouts being too generous, or the swedish ones too strict. Either way it needs to be fixed.

* lots of dutch, french, and belgian talents are being loaned to swedish teams. This almost never happens in real life

If I play as Malmö FF and reach european competition, the schedule is rediciuols. Often onlt 1 days rest between Allsvenskan and EL/CL games, sometimes 2 days and rarely 3. Its impossible to enjoy. In real life its solved well, how come the schedule ingame is so horrific?

I have to unfortunately report the same problem with the schedule after reaching any European competition. Like @JakobDoyon wrote above, we only get between 1-2 days of rest between games. If we're lucky we get 3 days.

Apparently it's solvable in real life so it would be very nice to see it solved in game or at least get an explanation as to why it can't be solved.

I only play the Swedish league and have done so for each and every FM game. This problem has persisted since the beginning.

On 23/11/2020 at 06:52, macipach said:

I have to unfortunately report the same problem with the schedule after reaching any European competition. Like @JakobDoyon wrote above, we only get between 1-2 days of rest between games. If we're lucky we get 3 days.

Apparently it's solvable in real life so it would be very nice to see it solved in game or at least get an explanation as to why it can't be solved.

I only play the Swedish league and have done so for each and every FM game. This problem has persisted since the beginning.

IRL it is handled by all teams qualified for Europe playing an extra game before the summer break. If that is not possible it would be better to just move a whole gameweek from autumn to spring, since the schedule is quite loose before summer.

On 23/11/2020 at 05:52, macipach said:

Could you upload a save game that shows this issue? 

Also, the ability and potential ability ratings from Swedish teams compared to Danish and Norwegian teams is very weird. Either their scouts are way to generous or ours are way to strict. Malmö FF is perhaps the best team in the nordics, yet current ability and potential ability seems lower than other nordic teams. Also, Malmö FF produce the most players playing in good leagues from all nordic clubs, this is not reflected I feel.

23 hours ago, Stephen Glennon said:

Could you upload a save game that shows this issue? 

It's uploaded now. The name of the file is: SI Games - Sweden European Competition Scheduling Issue

I really appreciate that you are looking into this. I know it's been a big issue for me and many other who like to play the Swedish leagues. And like @kennypavey wrote above the issue really seems to have a pretty easy fix.

Thank you!

On 28/11/2020 at 11:34, macipach said:

It's uploaded now. The name of the file is: SI Games - Sweden European Competition Scheduling Issue

I really appreciate that you are looking into this. I know it's been a big issue for me and many other who like to play the Swedish leagues. And like @kennypavey wrote above the issue really seems to have a pretty easy fix.

Thank you!

Did you get the save file, @Stephen Glennon?

There appears to be only 3 swedish clubs playing in europe. In 2023 they are 16th in the qualification rankings giving them 4 spots.

The swedish cup winner is not playing in europe, possibly due to it not being included in the season summary or because the winner qualified through the league

This has been a problem/bug for several years. Contracts in Swedish clubs should end on December 31st, not October 31st or November 30th.

If a team qualifies for any of the three European tournaments some of their players contracts end before the last few games.

Last season I had both my starting central defenders leave the team with 3 games left in the group stage.

Edited by xSue

2 hours ago, xSue said:

This has been a problem/bug for several years. Contracts in Swedish clubs should end on December 31st, not October 31st or November 30th.

If a team qualifies for any of the three European tournaments some of their players contracts end before the last few games.

Last season I had both my starting central defenders leave the team with 3 games left in the group stage.

Most clubs in Sweden signs contract to the end of November, ( Some big clubs signs to the end of the december) . If the clubs reach the European cups they sign short terms contract like Östersund did in 2017. https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/gPaml1/skriver-korttidskontrakt--for-europa-spelet

Hi.
Playing with Sirius in Allsvenskan. For some reason my resevere team is not entered into a reserve league, while it seems like every other club in the country has their reserves registered in some kind of league.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/12/2020 at 00:34, Apaco said:

Hi.
Playing with Sirius in Allsvenskan. For some reason my resevere team is not entered into a reserve league, while it seems like every other club in the country has their reserves registered in some kind of league.

Several teams in Allsvenskan doesn't have a reserve side. I think Sirius loans some of their players to their affiliate club Gamla Upsala instead of having a reserve side.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/11/2020 at 01:21, JakobDoyon said:

Also, the ability and potential ability ratings from Swedish teams compared to Danish and Norwegian teams is very weird. Either their scouts are way to generous or ours are way to strict. Malmö FF is perhaps the best team in the nordics, yet current ability and potential ability seems lower than other nordic teams. Also, Malmö FF produce the most players playing in good leagues from all nordic clubs, this is not reflected I feel.

+1

This has been the case for many years now. The lack of new good players from Swedish clubs always results in allsvenskan being flooded with young players from Norway and Denmark since the Swedish ones just aren't up to the standards. 

Edited by CharlesJohnsson

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/01/2021 at 23:04, JakobDoyon said:

They clearly ignore these problems. Now I have the same schedule again. 1 day rest several games in a row. If this presists, its the last game im buying. I've owned every FM game since 2014.

Finns en väg runt. Gå in på inställningar och välj endast matchdagar på onsdagar och lördagar. Tråkigt att man ska behöva göra det dock. 

VI kan väl lika gärna skriva på svenska med eftersom som ingen läser det här ändå! haha

On 29/01/2021 at 01:37, CharlesJohnsson said:

Finns en väg runt. Gå in på inställningar och välj endast matchdagar på onsdagar och lördagar. Tråkigt att man ska behöva göra det dock. 

VI kan väl lika gärna skriva på svenska med eftersom som ingen läser det här ändå! haha

Bra tips! Det kommer jag testa när senaste databasuppdateringen är ute. Hur väl fungerar det med Europa-spelet?

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, stoke said:

The teams are correct for all divisions for the 2021 season . Do you have any other update loaded ?

You're right! 

I got that from the FMSweden update.

However, 

Swedish Goalkeeper of the year 2001 was Lars Eriksson (Hammarby), not Magnus Hedman

And its a strange Roma for Robin Olsen in 2018 (Swedish Goalkeeper of the Year), it says: AS Roma (ROM)

And if possible, please retire number 10 from Hammarby (Kennedy Bakircioglu, its retired until 2029)

Edited by monobloko

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/02/2021 at 23:35, hilmz88 said:

hello guys 

in the swedish 4th division do you only play each other once ?

I ran into that too the past couple of days. I don't know anything about Swedish football but it's one of the nations with more playable tiers with 4 and I was keen to give it a go.

If I start in the 2020 season I only get 1 match against each other team It also says next season's structure (2021) is identical. If I start in 2021 then it's the same story, playing once and saying we'd play once each again in 2022.

Was wondering if it was an error on SI's part and sadly it appears to be one.  Looking back on the Soccerway websiite showed that teams played each other twice every year before 2020 and now I can see the fixtures are out for 2021 and once again they're playing each other twice in the real world. It's disappointing and I'm not sure I want to try the 4th tier (aka division 2) now as such short seasons would be a lot of time sitting around doing nothing. It would be ok for one season, and understandable if trying to replicate the Covid year but if failing to get promoted first time that would be boring as well as inaccurate. Don't really feel like spending a lot of time on recruitment only to play so few matches either.

Edited by fat mole

15 hours ago, fat mole said:

I ran into that too the past couple of days. I don't know anything about Swedish football but it's one of the nations with more playable tiers with 4 and I was keen to give it a go.

If I start in the 2020 season I only get 1 match against each other team It also says next season's structure (2021) is identical. If I start in 2021 then it's the same story, playing once and saying we'd play once each again in 2022.

Was wondering if it was an error on SI's part and sadly it appears to be one.  Looking back on the Soccerway websiite showed that teams played each other twice every year before 2020 and now I can see the fixtures are out for 2021 and once again they're playing each other twice in the real world. It's disappointing and I'm not sure I want to try the 4th tier (aka division 2) now as such short seasons would be a lot of time sitting around doing nothing. It would be ok for one season, and understandable if trying to replicate the Covid year but if failing to get promoted first time that would be boring as well as inaccurate. Don't really feel like spending a lot of time on recruitment only to play so few matches either.

it does go back to normal on the 2nd season 

2 hours ago, hilmz88 said:

it does go back to normal on the 2nd season 

Thanks, that's good to know. I don't know why it says it doesn't in my save then, is there something wrong with my game specifically?

Save started in 2020 says next season, 2021 will still have teams play once:

spacer.png

Save starting in 2021 says teams play each once in the current and next (2022) season:

spacer.png

spacer.png

If playing once doesn't happen then that's great, it's confusing when it says it does.

8 hours ago, fat mole said:

Thanks, that's good to know. I don't know why it says it doesn't in my save then, is there something wrong with my game specifically?

Save started in 2020 says next season, 2021 will still have teams play once:

spacer.png

Save starting in 2021 says teams play each once in the current and next (2022) season:

spacer.png

spacer.png

If playing once doesn't happen then that's great, it's confusing when it says it does.

nah its does say next season is one game for some reason, mine was like that aswell. but it does change back to normal on the 2nd season and that section also gets updated

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Any idea why Kalmar have no reserve team in a league? 

Every other ALLSVENSKAN team have a team in a reserve league

EDIT - Looks like Sirius and Mjallby also do not have their reserves entered into a league. Could it be down to finances?

Thanks

Edited by John Joe O'toole

On 08/05/2021 at 12:52, John Joe O'toole said:

Hi,

Any idea why Kalmar have no reserve team in a league? 

Every other ALLSVENSKAN team have a team in a reserve league

EDIT - Looks like Sirius and Mjallby also do not have their reserves entered into a league. Could it be down to finances?

Thanks

Kalmar decided not to participate in the reserve league due to a bad financial situation. 

• 2 months later...
On 08/05/2021 at 16:58, strayinghere said:

Does anyone know if the european scheduling problem has been fixed with the latest updates? Thanks.

Bump. This is STILL very much an issue. Im playing 8 games in 19 days right now after qualifying for CL during the 2021 Allsvenskan season. Im beginning to regret not reading this thread before I started my save. Shame on you SI for not fixing this despite all this time!

Edited by Laarko