Reserve Football Manager 2021 Mobile Now!

• Administrators

We’re delighted to confirm that Football Manager 2021 Mobile launches on November 24th and it’s now available for pre-order (iOS) and pre-registration (Android).

FM21 Mobile is perfect for those managers bursting on ambition but short on time, and licensing updates make this edition our best yet, with the fully licensed Canadian Premier League joining the team and Mexico and Argentina entering as playable nations.

By pre-ordering on iOS devices, you’ll own the game and be able to play immediately upon release. For Android users, pre-registration means you’ll be notified on release day that the game is now available. 

Follow our Twitter, Instagram and of course keep on eye on these forums for further updates and full feature information for FM21 Mobile.

• Neil Brock changed the title to Reserve Football Manager 2021 Mobile Now!

I've tried to pre-register on iOS by clicking the link but the purchase button is greyed out and i can't see anything else I can do other than add to my wish list. 

I have the available storage space, and on iOS v10.3.3 (not most up to date as my device is quite old, but it says v9 or later so it should be ok?)

Please advise?

Pre-ordered! Looking forward to it. I have bought and played a version of every Championship Manager -> Football Manager game since 1992 and wont be stopping now. I switched from the full game to Mobile in 2010 and always enjoy the new release.

Edited by Jayneff

• SI Staff
12 hours ago, Melomillz said:

The images for football manager 2021 is very discouraging you guys just add leagues and new players and kit finish. Why is it similar to FM20

We never give out details of new features at this stage before release for the mobile game - more information upon which new features are present will be released in due course. If you want to wait until more information is revealed before deciding to take the plunge then that is (as always) entirely up to you.

PS - As always, this years game has been a labor of love for me and I'm quite pleased with how its turning out - hopefully when all is revealed you'll enjoy it as much as I do :D

• SI Staff

I don't have full information on how the GooglePlay pre-registration works as that is down to Google themselves, the game will not be free however - I believe its priced the same as in previous years.

What I expect happens is that it will pre-install the game for you and then you unlock it for use by purchasing it, but that is simply guessing on my part (I don't own an android device presently I'm afraid - my somewhat haggard iPhone8/iPad combo are still holding up fine here).

Nothing new again. 

I hoped atleast they let us train the hidden stats like set-piece taking or composure. I can't understand why we still don't have set piece tactics, that is a basic requirement of fm. 

Also somebody said 3d is too much for smartphones, I am sorry but have you been living under a rock? Smartphones are handling games of insane quality easily for the last 2-3 years and obviously they can start with the 3d engine of fm09 at first. If some phones can't handle it then they can switch over to 2d display just like how people use enchaced match engine instead of the old engine. Also, I am pretty sure people who buy this game legally don't have potato phones so pls stop making these excuses. Covid f**d up the development for sure but I hope we get some real changes soon instead of just database updates.

• SI Staff
6 hours ago, Engjell7 said:

Nothing new again. 

I hoped atleast they let us train the hidden stats like set-piece taking or composure. I can't understand why we still don't have set piece tactics, that is a basic requirement of fm. 

We haven't released details on the games feature set at this time, please wait and see before getting too excited/aggravated (but suffice to say we've all been busy while cooped up in our houses ;) ).

11 hours ago, Engjell7 said:

Also somebody said 3d is too much for smartphones, I am sorry but have you been living under a rock? Smartphones are handling games of insane quality easily for the last 2-3 years and obviously they can start with the 3d engine of fm09 at first. 

That's not how it works. A typical mobile device probably could handle 3D graphics fine, but those graphics have to clearly represent the mountain of code that goes into the match engine, so it's not as easy as you make out. And tacking on an old graphics engine from years ago would be completely unworkable. I've got a pretty decent tablet, and the 3D quality on FM Touch isn't that great. 

12 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's not how it works. A typical mobile device probably could handle 3D graphics fine, but those graphics have to clearly represent the mountain of code that goes into the match engine, so it's not as easy as you make out. And tacking on an old graphics engine from years ago would be completely unworkable. I've got a pretty decent tablet, and the 3D quality on FM Touch isn't that great. 

I didn’t ask to watch all of match 3D At least only highlights of Goals cause with 2D match i feel like im watching the caps of a bottle that are playing football...

8 minutes ago, Engjell7 said:

I didn’t ask to watch all of match 3D At least only highlights of Goals cause with 2D match i feel like im watching the caps of a bottle that are playing football...

That would still require the time and money to build a 3D engine from the ground up to support it. It's not financially viable at this point for them to be doing this. The key aspect of FM Mobile is its simplicity compared to the main game. The fact it even has a 2D engine and still zips along at a fast pace is pretty impressive. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That would still require the time and money to build a 3D engine from the ground up to support it. It's not financially viable at this point for them to be doing this. The key aspect of FM Mobile is its simplicity compared to the main game. The fact it even has a 2D engine and still zips along at a fast pace is pretty impressive. 

For you sound like this for me look different is abaut choose...

On 30/10/2020 at 12:37, passenger58 said:

Tbh i get soooo many hours of play out of this game every year (my wife would vouch for that) that even if there isn't much in the way of new features, I'm still happy to pay for each new version. Keep up the good work, guys. 

I agree, I feel exactly the same way.

Am so looking forward to this, as I do every year, just an update of the player database would be enough for me - don’t fix what isn’t broke is probably the wisest term you will ever hear.

Personally, and maybe not all will agree with me, but I think the top down stadium visuals of the matches playing out is so not needed, words, sentences, stats and simplicity are what made this game so great, we played this way for years remember, this is probably why I don’t touch the PC version as although yes it’s a fine piece in it’s own right there is just wayyy too much going on ...and watching a 3D or 2D match playing out, well, you may as well pick up a control pad and play Fifa as the imagination part of this game then gets lost!

Think about it, all that space that removing the 2D 3D match engine would free up, could really ramp up the aesthetics - stadium picks in every ground etc.

ps, am just an old school fan of this game since 98, ignore me 🙂

1 hour ago, JohnyBruce said:

Am so looking forward to this, as I do every year, just an update of the player database would be enough for me - don’t fix what isn’t broke is probably the wisest term you will ever hear.

Personally, and maybe not all will agree with me, but I think the top down stadium visuals of the matches playing out is so not needed, words, sentences, stats and simplicity are what made this game so great, we played this way for years remember, this is probably why I don’t touch the PC version as although yes it’s a fine piece in it’s own right there is just wayyy too much going on ...and watching a 3D or 2D match playing out, well, you may as well pick up a control pad and play Fifa as the imagination part of this game then gets lost!

Think about it, all that space that removing the 2D 3D match engine would free up, could really ramp up the aesthetics - stadium picks in every ground etc.

I didn’t understand something U are pro or not of 3D match Engine?

15 hours ago, JohnyBruce said:

You have the 'Commentary Only' option which is all text overlays and doesn't show any visuals of the match. Have you tried that? I find it's a bit quicker but I like seeing the match play out so don't often use it. 

Screenshot_20201113-131344__01.jpg

16 hours ago, Engjell7 said:

I didn’t understand something U are pro or not of 3D match Engine?

Hi Engjell, yes so I don’t like, I’m not a fan of the 3D way of watching a game - or the iOS’s (pitch) option. I much prefer Game Commentary only.  

2 hours ago, passenger58 said:

You have the 'Commentary Only' option which is all text overlays and doesn't show any visuals of the match. Have you tried that? I find it's a bit quicker but I like seeing the match play out so don't often use it. 

Screenshot_20201113-131344__01.jpg

Yup, that’s the one I use 👍🏼
Was just highlighting that if the developers got rid of the pitch option then they might have more memory/megabytes/room at their disposal to enhance the game in other areas (areas that are imagination provoking) or areas that are long standing within the game as these are the fundamentals responsible for the game being great from day one.

I’d personally remove “pitch” and add the following.

•more diverse text

•stadium photos

•player profile photos

•graphical enhancements - though not by much as it’s appealing on the eye already

•faster loading times

•inclusion of further leagues (Brazilian)

Edited by JohnyBruce

3 hours ago, JohnyBruce said:

Yup, that’s the one I use 👍🏼
Was just highlighting that if the developers got rid of the pitch option then they might have more memory/megabytes/room at their disposal to enhance the game in other areas (areas that are imagination provoking) or areas that are long standing within the game as these are the fundamentals responsible for the game being great from day one.

I’d personally remove “pitch” and add the following.

•more diverse text

•stadium photos

•player profile photos

•graphical enhancements - though not by much as it’s appealing on the eye already

•faster loading times

•inclusion of further leagues (Brazilian)

All this does bring back nostalgia of playing as piddly little Brazilian teams in regional championships on cm 99/00, but to be fair I've grown to like the 2d match view. Having seen videos of the 3d I don't like that, makes the many quirks too obvious.

Can I just ask please - as FM2021 is an app, how can it be out of stock?

I’m not sure how reserving the game gets you access to the game any quicker than if you just bought and downloaded it on the release day?

Excuse my ignorance if there is something I am missing.

Much appreciated.

Edited by JohnyBruce

10 hours ago, JohnyBruce said:

Can I just ask please - as FM2021 is an app, how can it be out of stock?

I’m not sure how reserving the game gets you access to the game any quicker than if you just bought and downloaded it on the release day?

Excuse my ignorance if there is something I am missing.

Much appreciated.

I assumed pre-registering means you get a notification when it becomes available in the relevant store. I don't think we get any earlybird subscriber bonuses or anything like that.